My dear friend, Susan, has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. We have all joined together in a huge effort to raise money for her medical expenses. You can read more about Susan and the fundraiser here.
Direct monetary donations can be made here, or you can bid on one of almost 200 items in the live auction!
Join us for the live auction Monday, July 25th starting at 8 AM EST. Bidding will run through the day and items will close periodically between 4 PM EST and 11 PM EST. We are staggering the closing times to prevent a site crash! Please make note of the closing time of your favorite items so you don’t miss the boat!!
Also, we will be doing a Twitter chat from 1:00-2:00 PM EST with Susan and Katy Widrick. Tune into hashtag #TGFA on Twitter and join us for some one-on-one Q & A with Susan, the lady this is all about!
All bids start at $10 USD unless otherwise noted and go up in whole dollar increments (ie: no decimals). For more details regarding the auction, see the official rules below.
For a somewhat current list of bids on auction day, visit the home page. This list will be updated hourly. This list will be by dominant category and then alphabetized within that category. The items do fall into two or three categories at times, so if you don’t see it in one category, check another. I know, it’s a tad confusing. Try being me! I will try to keep the bid list as current as I can, but to get an exact amount of a current bid, click on the item and check the comments section.
Click on a category below to see listings. Some items fall into two categories, so you will see them twice, but each item only has a single listing for bidding.
- Blogger Baked Goods
- Baskets & Bundles
- Food & Beverage (aside from blogger baked goods)
- Fitness Related
- Travel & Entertainment
- Beauty Products
- Clothing & Accessories
- Gift Cards/Certificates
- Kitchen Related
- For The Home
- Online Services
Official Auction Rules, Logistics & Whatnot.
- Auction Date & Time: Bidding opens Monday, July 25, 2011 at 8 AM EST and individual item closing times will be staggered throughout the day. MAKE NOTE OF EACH ITEM’S CLOSING TIME! It will be noted within each individual listing. The staggered closing times has been implemented to prevent a site crash!
- Payment Methods: Paypal is the only method of payment accepted. If you don’t have a Paypal account, you can pay through the Paypal donation page which allows you to use any major credit/debit card.
- Starting Bids: Bidding on all items starts at $10 USD unless otherwise noted.
- Bidding Increments: Bids go up in whole dollar increments. For example, you could bid $1 or $10 higher than the previous bidder, but not $1.50 higher.
- Bidding Procedure: Bids are to be submitted via comment on item page. Click the category above OR on the sidebar to the right, OR click on the item from the home page. It is your responsibility to see what the current high bid is!! You must bid at least $1 above the current high bid. A valid name & email address are required when leaving a comment bid.
- Winners: If you are the winning bidder, you will be notified within 24 hours of the auction ending. The notification will include payment instructions.
- Making Payment: Winning bidders must make payment and send their mailing address to me within 72 hours of the auction ending. If payment is not made, winner forfeits item and the next highest bidder is awarded item. Once payment is made and shipping address is received, winning bidders will receive contact information of individual in charge of shipping their item.
- Shipping Information: Items that require shipping will be shipped within one week of payment/submission of address (unless otherwise noted). SELLER will cover shipping costs!
- Items That Don’t Require Shipping: If your item is an online service or online gift card, once payment for your item is received, you will get an email with all the information you need to retrieve your item.