taco soup (crock pot recipe).
i love crock pots. you throw a bunch of stuff in, turn in on all day and when you come home all you have to do is dish it up and eat!
for my taco soup, i use the following ingredients:
- 20 oz 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 15 oz can black beans
- 15 oz can pinto beans
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- (2) 4.5 oz cans diced chiles
- 1 red onion, diced
- 12 oz bag frozen corn
- 12 oz jar of chunky salsa
- packet of taco seasoning
- tomato juice (about 1 cup.. just enough to make it “soupy”)
- avocado, cheese & greek yogurt (or sour cream) for garnish
here are the ever-so-complicated directions:
1. dice your onion and put it in the pot:
2. put the ground turkey in the pot:
3. empty the taco seasoning packet into the pot:
5. add your diced chiles:
6. add your beans:
7. add your tomatoes:
8. add your corn:
9. add your salsa:
11. set on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours:
12. when you get home, if it is not soupy enough, add some organic tomato juice.
13. scoop some soup into a bowl, garnish with avocado, greek yogurt & cheese.
entire recipe makes 8 servings. nutrition stats include 1/8 of an avocado, 0.5 oz shredded cheese & 2 TB greek yogurt.