mini white chocolate cheesecakes.
this recipe can be served plain, with any type of fruit, with chocolate sauce, with whipped cream.. the possibilities are endless! the photos show cherry, but i have mentioned a few ideas throughout the recipe because i have made this recipe so many ways.. even green ones for st patty’s day!
makes 24 miniature cheesecakes
prep time: 10 minutes; bake time: 30 minutes; cooling time: at least 2 hours
- 1 + 2/3 cups freshly crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 6 oz white chocolate (this is half a standard bag)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz plain greek yogurt
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- make your graham cracker crumbs using a food processor or blender.
- mix cracker crumbs and sugar and then add melted butter, mix well and add more melted butter if needed.
- press about 1/4 inch of the mixture into 24 cupcake liners.
- bake at 325 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- remove from oven and set aside
- melt chocolate chips and butter together in microwave, about 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. remove from microwave and let cool.
- combine greek yogurt and cream cheese in mixer, let it mix together for about 5 minutes until it is smooth.
- add white chocolate/butter mixture, beat until smooth.
- add cornstarch and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each time.
- *if you want to make them colored, this is where you would add your food coloring!
- fill each cupcake liner with the filling so each cup is about 3/4 full.
- *sometimes i put a little bit of filling down, then add some fruit (like raspberries) in the middle, and top it off with more filling. this turns out super delicious!
- bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, the cakes will not look done but any longer will dry them out.
- let cool for about 20 minutes and then cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- top with fruit or other items of your choice prior to serving.
xo. janetha g.