taken from the eating for life cookbook
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or lean ground beef (i used ground beef)
- 1 red onion, diced
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low sugar BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup of low sugar ketchup
- 1 can (8 oz) of no salt added tomato sauce
- chili powder to taste
- tobasco sauce to taste
- bibb lettuce
- whole wheat buns or pita pockets
- combine meat, onion and black pepper in a skillet until meat is no longer pink.
- add ketchup, bbq sauce and tomato sauce, stir well.
- add tobasco and chili powder, stir well.
- serve atop a leaf of bibb lettuce on a whole wheat bun or in a pita pocket.