protein pancakes or waffles.
this recipe can be made as pancakes or waffles. the measurements below make three servings for me. they freeze well, but if i don’t want to make the whole batch then i just make 1/3 of the recipe. enjoy!
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 6 egg whites or 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (one that is around 25g of protein per scoop)*
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 TB cinnamon (depending on your palate)
- sweetener, if desired. i don’t use this because i add my sweet stuff on top.
*you can omit this and the recipe will still turn out perfectly.
- blend all ingredients together in a blender or magic bullet.
- let batter sit for five minutes.
- cook on waffle iron or in griddle for pancakes as you would any other waffle or pancake.
- top with whatever you’d like!
protein pancakes with butter & syrup:
protein waffles with banana and almond butter:
i like using nut butter as a topping to get a little healthy fat involved in the recipe because on their own, the ratios are 50% protein, 40% carbs and 10% fat. these are good hot OR cold, when i was in school i was known to carry them around in my purse to eat between classes!!
nutrition stats without any topping (whole recipe): 734 calories, 90g protein, 69g carbs, 8g fat
(1/3 of recipe): 245 calories, 30g protein, 23g carbs, 3g fat