peanut butter noodles.
adapted from vegan a go-go.
this dish has a video demo here.. and this is the way i made it!
- 8 oz shirataki noodles
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 T fresh ginger, grated
- 3 T peanut butter
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1.5 T sweetener (agave, honey, etc)
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
- chile paste to taste (i omitted this because i can’t have spicy food right now–tonsillectomy)
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- ginger root powder
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup egg beaters or 4 eggs, scrambled
- crushed peanuts for garnishing
- prepare noodles according to directions, set aside.
- in a saucepan, combine broth, PB, soy sauce, ginger, sweetener, garlic & chile paste
- melt all the ingredients together and bring to a slight boil on accident ;)
- meanwhile, chop tofu and heat in skillet, cover tofu with ginger root powder
- scramble eggs
- add noodles, tofu, green onion and eggs to the sauce. mix reallllly well.
- garnish with crushed peanuts & serve!
this recipe was super yum!! next time (when i can swallow better) i will be adding chicken and edamame. i love how versatile this recipe is! it would also be good with japanese rice noodles.