couscous chickpea salad.
i got this awesome recipe from my friend danica! it is seriously soo delicious, you can throw all sorts of variations in there too. to make the recipe vegan, just leave out the chicken. i made a LOT of salad, this recipe make about 6 entree sized servings or at least 10 servings if you are taking it to a party where there is other food.
- 2 cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 cups prepared wheat couscous (i used yellow onion & broth to prepare the couscous)
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 1 lb chicken, boiled and diced
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- a whole crap ton of fresh basil, chopped roughly.. i used a LOT
- salt & pepper
- sesame ginger dressing (recipe follows)
- cook your couscous
- cook your chicken & dice it
- throw everything in a huge bowl
- top with dressing
- mix well & serve
wham bam thank you maam.. easiest recipe ever!
sesame ginger dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TB fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 2 TB agave
- 1 TB sesame oil
- 2 TB water
- blend all ingredients in blender
- pour entire batch over salad
SO DANG GOOD!