recipe adapted courtesy alton brown via food network website.
- 4 lb peeled & diced mangoes
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 tsp chile flakes
- 3 cups diced red onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 8 oz unsweetened pineapple juice
- 4 oz unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 TB curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- in a large sauté pan or sauce pan, sauté olive oil and chile flakes
- add onion, sauté 2 minutes
- add ginger and red peppers, sauté 2 minutes
- add mangoes, cook down until they start to soften
- in a separate bowl, mix pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar and curry powder. add to sauté pan.
- bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
- let simmer for about an hour, stirring every so often.
- place chutney in a bowl and over an ice bath until ready to serve.
- great over basically anything! photographed here over almond crusted chicken.