garbanzo bean turkey bake.
this is the best accident i’ve made up in a long time!
- 20 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 (14.5 oz) can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1.5 cups chunky salsa
- 1 package knorr vegetable recipe mix
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- copious amounts of reduced sugar ketchup. i like heinz.
1. throw all ingredients into a bowl:
2. mix it up with your hands. or a spoon. whatever. BUT.. if you use your hands, make sure to remove any fancy rings before doing so.
3. spread into a 8”x11” pan, or something close to that size. it doesn’t really matter.
4. it’s probably a good idea to bathe the top of the mixture in reduced sugar ketchup. do it.
5. bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. more or less, depending on your pan size.
6. serve it.
this recipe makes 6 servings, but they are only 255 calorie servings.. so go ahead and serve yourself seconds. or thirds.
delicious. and nutritious!
per serving: 255 calories, 2g fat, 27g carbohydrates, 33g protein