i’ve expressed my love for popchips potato chips several times in the past, so when i saw that popchips came out with a whole line of tortilla chips, i was all over that!
i purchased the nacho cheese, the ranch, and the chili limon tortilla chips on multiple occasions. (i didn’t know there was a salsa flavor–that one was new to me!) i would eat bags of popchips tortilla chips at a time. i love them.
then, one day, i received an email from popchips asking if they could send me some of their new tortilla popchips to blog about. um—yeah! sign me up! i was already spending my dollars on bag after bag of tortilla popchips, i may as well receive some for free to review.
instead of just shoving my face with the chips (like i have done in the past) i decided to create a recipe using the tortilla popchips and post the recipe as part of my review. that’s more exciting than just telling you i ate the whole bag, straight up, with salsa. even though that’s what i did with a few of the bags they sent… shhh… that’s our secret.
popchips nachos deluxe
serves 2-3 as an entree or 5-6 as an appetizer
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (see my method below)
- 1 bag of popchips tortilla chips (any flavor, i used salsa)
- 1 cup/8 oz of canned black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup/4 oz canned diced olives, drained
- 1/4 cup/4 oz canned diced green chiles, drained
- 8 oz colby jack cheese, shredded
- 6 oz container plain greek yogurt or sour cream mixed with 1-2 TB taco seasoning
- a few sprinkles of hot sauce (i love cholula)
- 1 large avocado, diced
- salsa for dipping, if desired
- if you need to cook your chicken, i suggest making it in the slow cooker. to do this, simply place your chicken breasts in a slow cooker with a jar of salsa and cook on low for about 4 hours or high for 2 hours until chicken is fully cooked. shred chicken with two forks and drain off excess moisture before using in this recipe.
- turn oven broiler to low OR if you do not have a broil, heat oven to 350* F.
- line an 11″ x17″ baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- spread the chips over the baking sheet in a single layer.
- sprinkle the chicken, black beans, olives, and green chiles over the chips evenly.
- sprinkle cheese over the top of everything else, distributing evenly.
- place in oven for 5-7 minutes or how ever long it takes until cheese is melted completely.
- serve up nachos immediately, garnishing with a dollop of the seasoned greek yogurt or sour cream, a sprinkle of hot sauce, and some of the diced avocado.
- eat with a side of salsa… enjoy!
i love how these chips taste! the seasoning piles up in the crevices and each chip packs a lot of flavor.
i also love the stats that they pack. check it out:
it’s okay to eat a whole bag in one sitting… right? right! i mean, considering the calories in other bags of tortilla chips, this option is not too shabby if you ask me.
popchips has generously offered up a giveaway to you guys.. one winner will receive a chipment of the new popchips tortilla chips. yay!
to enter, simply leave a comment on this post. i will pick a winner on friday.
xo. janetha g.