friday fun: what do you love more?

by Janetha on August 3, 2012

in questions answered

hey! happy friday to you.

one special thing before i get to the friday fun…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD!!! love my dad. to be honest, we were not close while i was growing up, but as i get older, we get closer and closer. he’s one of the wisest people i know. i definitely look up to him and always know he’s got great advice if i need it. he’s super smart and uses his knowledge to help others through his two careers which he is passionate about: an attorney and a law school teacher.

my dad is also very adventurous… he loves riding his harley (he and momma b actually just got back from a trip to yellowstone!)

he enjoys traveling the world—but costa rica is his #1 favorite destination. he served an LDS mission there over 40 years ago! he returns there often, most recently this past june.

fly fishing is one of his favorite hobbies. he also loves to golf!

happy birthday, dad. sure do love you.

and now, some mindless Q&A, because questions are fun. i stole this little survey from my favorite diva.

WHAT DO YOU LOVE MORE?

1. Strength training or cardio?

oh. man. strength training, no battle! i despise cardio. luckily, my workouts always consist of strength training in an explosive setting, which doubles as cardio. love it.

2. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

breakfast.. for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. i love breakfast foods the most! french toast, eggs benedict, breakfast burritos, waffles.. mmm.. yum. since i am usually not super hungry in the mornings, i rarely eat a big breakfast. i get my breakfast food fix at brunch on the weekends or breakfast-for-dinner during the week. i also love how speedy breakfast foods are to make! oh, and let’s not forget my favorite food group: cereal. that’s breakfast food, too.

3. Dress up or workout clothes?

if i could live in workout clothes, i would. workout clothes and pajamas. i actually told candice the other day that i was envious of her job (group fitness instructor) because she got to wear comfy clothes all day long. we then got into a discussion about how we loathe jeans because they never fit around our thighs, and when they do.. the waist has a huge gap, showing off our butt cracks. yep. true story.

(candice & me after the workout where we talked about our butt cracks)

in costa rica, i wore gym clothes day in and day out and it was pure heaven! it makes sense, i mean you’re sweating no matter what, thanks to the humidity—even if you are sitting perfectly still.

i wonder if i could get my boss to consider lululemon and under armour “business casual”.

4. Wine or beer?

i’m a beer girl. ironically, i refused to taste beer for the longest time. i strictly drank hard alcohol—shots or cocktails. i think that’s how most people start out, right? isn’t it? the first time i tasted beer it was flat keg beer via beer bong. not my proudest (or most delicious) moment. we’ve all had those.

over time, i developed a love for beer and will drink one for the taste, not to get drunk. besides, getting drunk off beer in utah is pretty hard with the 3.2% alcohol content laws…

some of my favorites are green lev, grolsch, red stripe, and any hefeweizen.

(a beer and a boy, circa 2007)

5. Peanut butter or almond butter?

while i do love almond butter (or any type of nut butter for that matter), NOTHING beats the childhood favorite of peanut butter. i have had four PB&J sandwiches this week. good stuff.

6. Heels or flats?

oh. gosh. FLATS. whenever i go prancing around in a pair of heels, i always end up asking myself what the hell i was thinking. it’s painful. plus, marshall likes a girl in flats. win, win. the only downside to this is that i am 5’1”, meaning i have to get 97.842% of my pants hemmed if i don’t want them to drag all over the place when wearing flats.  not a huge deal, though.

my favorite flats, aside from flip flops (the ultimate favorite shoe, even in winter) are sanuks or toms. comfy is the name of the game.. not sure what the game is, though.

7. The actual cake or the frosting?

can i pick ice cream? because whenever there is cake and ice cream, i just get a double serving of ice cream and forego the cake.

(bowl was a gift from katie)

but if i had to pick between the two, i would for sure say cake over frosting. ick—i can’t stand frosting. cream cheese frosting on carrot cake is the only type that i actually do enjoy. the rest of it can be scraped aside, thankyouverymuch.

side note: i say “frosting”, but so many people say “icing”. i just can’t jump on the icing train. i also say “swimsuit” instead of “bathing suit” because never once have i taken a bath in my bikini.

8.  Spring, summer, fall, or winter?

i don’t have to pick, because i live in utah. we are lucky to have all four seasons—even though they may be a bit wonky at times. i love all the seasons for various reasons. i’m such a poet.

9.   Real animal or stuffed animal?

REAL! love my pups. and all animals. always have. but i also love stuffed animals. as a child, i only had stuffed animals. mainly cats. i hated dolls. when i received a doll for my 4th birthday, i burst into tears! my pet net (pink, of course) was stuffed full of pound puppies and pound purrers.

(i love these furry monsters)

10.  Bright or light?

light bright? that was a fun toy. this is a weird question, but i assume it is referring to color.. as in light blue or bright blue.. light pink or bright pink. in that case, i’ll say bright. i was never a huge fan of pastels.

that was some mindless fun.. just what the doctor ordered!

i can’t sign off without saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my love, lindsay. she’s 30 years young.

oh, and the winner of the KIND giveaway is #203, maren! congrats, lady.

have a fabulous weekend!

Q~

how about you? what do you love more? answer any or all of the questions in the comments below.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 3, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I used to be a huge cardio lover, but I have been shown the light of the strength training. :-) Finding that it’s the way to go.

Caro August 3, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Peanut butter, wine and heels, and I’m a happy girl!

Alex @ therunwithin August 3, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I love this! So much more to learn about you!

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia August 3, 2012 at 6:14 pm

strength training. dinner. workout clothes. wine. almond butter all the way. flats. frosting. lover of all seasons too..but I’m a Canadian gal, so I definitely love me some summer love. real animals. bright. I had to reallllly think about a few of these lol :) p.s. I looooove that you love your dad so much, sooo sweet!! p.s.s. I read your previous post & costa rica sounds incredible!! I’ve never been anywhere overseas but would love to, someday..i wish upon stars in the meantime lol

Kim@hungryhealthygirl August 3, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Love all the mindless fun! I did a very similar post today. Have a great weekend!!

Lee August 3, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Flats! I always feel like I’m about to fall over in heels.

Jenny August 3, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Definitely strength training over cardio. Any day. Any time. I HATE cardio.

lindsay August 3, 2012 at 7:00 pm

oh yea for birthdays! papa and lindsay! what a good day! and i am a wine girl, you know that. Ice cream over cake and frosting, and real dogs. come on, no question.

P.S.
we need a getaway. Let’s go to NC!

Lauren August 3, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Wow, I feel like it has been ages since I’ve talked with you! Lady how the heck are you? You have been away and then I have been away…I miss you!! :)

Hope your summer is going so well and let’s definitely catch up soon! :)

Maria August 3, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Yes to the jean thing! And being a shorty on top of it, means extra frustration. Let’s just say I keep my tailor in business.

And Happy Birthday to your dad!

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal August 3, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I agree with you, I totally could eat breakfast for any meal of the day (and often do ;) haha! I also prefer strength training over cardio, any day. Unless it’s zumba or something else fun.

katie August 3, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Happy Birthday to your wonderful DAD! I hope he had a really good day!

YAY! So glad you did the fun survey and YAY for ice cream bowl loving! I do love that bowl, glad you do so much too! I do love ice cream so much so it’s ok to pick that!

Love you! <3 I miss you!

Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs August 3, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Oh man, so many of your answers are EXACTLY what I would say! Too funny. I don’t like frosting and I get so exited for French toast Thursdays at work it’s kind of embarrassing. Haha.

I’m trying to convince my boss that Lululemon is business casual, I mean, I pay more for that than I do for most of my work clothes so I think it works ;)

Yaara Leve August 3, 2012 at 10:32 pm

That’s so cool that your dad is a law school professor and an attorney. I actually just finished law school this past December–am in the process of studying for the bar. What kind of law does your dad teach?
Oh– and I’m also a flats kind of girl–I love the way heels look–so sexy but my feet were just not made for them. at all. Every time I wear them–by the end of the night I’m in so much pain hobbling around.
PS: Shorties unite!! I’m 4 ft. 11 in–so nice to find someone else who is short–I feel like so many of the bloggers for some reason are amazons–like 5 ft. 11 in.

Corrie Anne August 4, 2012 at 1:05 am

oo definitely frosting over cake! and heels over flats (except workout shoes, of course). fun! jeans are overrated. and lululemon SHOULD be business cas!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 4, 2012 at 5:16 am

Wine or beer? Much to my husband’s dismay, I’m a wine girl. I don’t like beer at all. Can’t stand it. On the other hand, I remind him that means he’ll never have to worry about someone drinking his beer before he’s had a chance. :)

Stephanie August 4, 2012 at 7:28 am

I answered question #1 in my most recent blog post and I didn’t even know you were asking questions. I just recently discovered all of the joy and benefits of strength training. It’s my new obsession.

Jessica August 4, 2012 at 8:12 am

haha I love that you said “light bright?” And I’m with you, I hate cardio and would way rather get it through a tough class or plyo.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail August 4, 2012 at 9:22 am

Yes, I’m with you on #3 all the way. I love your candidness with the beer bong! ha ha!

Debbie (Accidently Delish) August 4, 2012 at 10:00 am

i am with you on so many of those, but i LOVE seeing other girls as beer drinkers because I am totally a beer girl myself, and I was the same way before. it use to be only hard liquor, then i met my fiance and he introduced me to GOOD beer. now i am a total beer snob. i am all about the microbrews.

also i LOVE ice cream cake. i am not a huge cake person, but when it comes to ice cream cake i have a total weakness. i always request one for my birthday!

i also love my animals more than life. nothing beats the real thing.
oh and work out clothes. why can’t we live in them. no fair. haha.

have a good weekend girl!!

Tina @ Best Body Fitness August 4, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I would share some of my answers here now….but instead i’m going to do it for a post later this week. You knew that was coming from me didn’t ya? ;)

Lisa August 4, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Happy birthday to your dad!
I love these surveys, I have plans to do this one on Monday. Or my next post.

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables August 4, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I love these!! I could live in my workout clothes too! I can’t pick between pb or almond, and breakfast def is my favorite!!

Annette@FitnessPerks August 4, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I used to be a huge cardio lover, and now it’s totally shifted to weights!! Oh, and I love my job too: comfy clothes & workout clothes are my work clothes! WOOT.

Ice cream, baby. And happy birthday to your dad!

elaine c. August 5, 2012 at 10:31 am

Combo workouts? Breakfast, all day! Comfy clothes. Don’t tolerate alcohol well, but beer over wine. Wedges. Cake, minimal frosting. Fond of fall and spring. Can’t wait to have a real animal. Bright, but honestly, dark would be best :)
Happy Birthday to your dad!
And what does a conversation about butt cracks involve? Ha!

Janetha August 6, 2012 at 7:54 am

haha it was just the extent of what i wrote regarding jeans (above the photo).. that was about it.

Errign August 5, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Oh gosh, I do love a good survey. So excited to do this on my blog one of these days :)

Bears Still Suck August 5, 2012 at 4:37 pm

First Packer preseason game is this Thursday.

Janetha August 6, 2012 at 7:53 am

Yes! I am always stoked to see your Packers comments :)

julie August 5, 2012 at 6:25 pm

this is fun! i want to play! i’m having a battle with breakfast or dinner now! hmp!

Tiffany August 5, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Agreed, I would live in my workout and lounge clothes if I could. The first thing I do when I get home (and have no other plans) is change into yoga pants, tank and hoodie and then I’m in heaven. I think if I were able to wear those clothes to work I would be 10x as productive.

Neil August 5, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I never eat breakfast. Not very “fitness guy” of me. I always wanted to be someone who loved BK (like you). Tried it for a long time. Decided to stop forcing it. My oldest son doesn’t eat breakfast either.

Been wearing workout stuff for 17 years. I’m sick of it. Wore collared shirts for the last couple of months. Am sick of those now, too. Girls have WAY better workout clothes than guys do. Somebody needs to invent a cool line for men. If you are guy guy you basically have sports stuff, outdoors stuff or yoga stuff. I’m none of these. LuLu? NOPE!

Janetha August 6, 2012 at 7:52 am

maybe you should invent it :) you’re clever.

Khushboo August 6, 2012 at 2:15 am

Haha so true about bathing suit! For some reason, I used to call it a swimming costume and then after a group leader at sea camp insisted it wasn’t the right terminology, I can only call it a swimsuit!

Janetha August 6, 2012 at 7:49 am

costume! i like that. i may have to use it.

Katie August 6, 2012 at 7:39 am

Haha, I love your cake answer. I’ll eat your cake for you…you can eat all my ice cream. We’d make a good couple.

Janetha August 6, 2012 at 7:49 am

MFEO

Calee August 6, 2012 at 10:12 am

How about you eat my cake, I’ll eat your frosting? I’ve been a frosting gal even before going GF. The Himes side of the family has drop-down drag-out fights over who gets the frosting remnants on the side of the cake pan.

Sarah K August 6, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I think I’d have to agree with pretty much all of your answers. I love breakfast foods so much, I could definitely eat those types of foods all day

Lea @ Coffee and Greens August 8, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I love workout clothes but I can not get anything productive done in a pair of yoga pants. If I got work to do I’ve got to throw on some real pants or I will sit on my butt all day.

And real animals are so much better than stuffed, so much more cuddly. The only downside is that real animals poop and stuffed ones don’t, but I think I can overlook that.