what’s your #PROOF?

by Janetha on March 28, 2012

in BLEND,moves

as you may know, i am a fitfluential ambassador. fitfluential is a family of fitness enthusiasts that have come together to motivate, inspire, and help each other along in our individual journeys of getting and staying fit. if you haven’t yet, you really should join the club!

fitfluential recently rolled out a fun way to acknowledge the daily things we do to stay fit and healthy. not only is it fun, it also helps keep me accountable. the label for this acknowledgement is #PROOF, and here’s why:

For the uninitiated: when a runner crosses a race finish line a photographer snaps their picture, and that photo is provided for review with a watermark that reads PROOF.

To a photographer, that word refers to an unedited copy waiting for approval before printing, but we think it can mean more: PROOF of a challenge taken and conquered, PROOF of endurance and inner strength, PROOF that we came, we saw, we ran our own race.

Here at FitFluential we know that people are running their own races, accepting their own challenges, and taking steps for a healthy lifestyle every day. And we want to help you acknowledge and celebrate that. Every day.

source: fitfluential blog

this past week, i have been logging my own #PROOF on twitter and instagram:

Screen Shot 2012 03 28 at 9 12 06 PM

Screen Shot 2012 03 28 at 9 13 28 PM

i have also followed my fellow fit friends to see their #PROOF which has motivated me to push harder toward my own goals. i LOVE seeing their #PROOF!

jess’ #PROOF:

Screen Shot 2012 03 28 at 9 17 22 PM

bonnie’s #PROOF:

Screen Shot 2012 03 28 at 9 21 40 PM

scott’s #PROOF:

Screen Shot 2012 03 28 at 9 32 44 PM

and let’s not forget penny’s and randy’s #PROOF:

NewImageNewImage

they are the most motivating ones of the bunch!

so, if you see me rattling off #PROOF left and right, now you know why. join in the fun! i would love to see how you are getting and staying fit each day.

oh! several of you said you wanted to hear about my visit to fitmixer, so i will share that real quick.

i love fitmixer.. i always talk about their BCAAs since i use them daily–before, during, and after every workout. well, fitmixer happens to be a local utah company (and that is why a lot of you haven’t been able to find their BCAAs at your costco like i have) and they invited me for lunch today! i was thrilled to meet all the friendly faces behind this brand i have grown to love so much.

random story: i actually discovered the brand at costco since i wander the aisles each week to see if i can find any new finds. i blogged about them after trying and loving their product, and as it turns out one of their employees is married to someone who reads this little blog of mine (hi lindsay!) and she saw that i liked their stuff.. so they wrote me. small world, right? anyway, to make a long story a little less long, i have been chatting with a fitmixer rep for a couple months and they hopped on board as a blend retreat sponsor. super stoked!

i headed to their offices today and hung out for a couple hours, ate a tasty sandwich, and talked about anything and everything related to food, fitness, and blogging. it was great–i could talk about those things for days. (which you know, since you are currently reading my rambles this very second. if you think i ramble on the blog, you should see me in person.. i don’t shut up.) i don’t have much more to share right away, but i will be teaming up with them in the future for a bootcamp challenge to get in gear for the summer months. stay tuned, you all will be invited to join in the fun!

fitmixer didn’t let me leave their offices empty handed. they gave me some of my favorite stuff: the grape BCAAs, plus t a couple of their other products including a meal replacement powder called slim and their vanilla protein powder which has a whopping 32 grams of protein per serving.  they also gave me a handy shaker bottle. i can always use one of those.. despite marshall rolling his eyes every time i bring home a new bottle/cup/plate/bowl/mug for the kitchen. i think he secretly loves my dishes.

IMG 0068

thanks for the invite, fitmixer, i can’t wait to hang out at blend retreat this may!

speaking of the retreat.. you have until saturday night (11:59 EST) to snag the early bird $75 tickets. tickets will be $100 starting april 1st, so nab one before then to take advantage of the great rate! katie, lindsay, and i have been busily collecting all the swag for the bags.. here are just SOME of the companies providing awesome stuff for the blend attendees:

• chobani
  • mix1
  • dry soda
  • pangea
  • hanna’s herb shop
  • build a sign
  • zesty blog consulting

and the list is growing every day. it’s crazy. it’s pretty surreal that this retreat is only about a month away and that it’s coming together so fabulously. it started as just an idea of hanging out as blog friends–eating and exercising together–and now it is FOR REAL. i can’t wait to hang out with all of you in may! if you are still on the fence about coming, please hop on over to my side of the yard and join us at blend retreat.

well, that’s enough out of me. have a good one!

Q~

tell me: what is your latest #PROOF?

Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life March 28, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Kel’s #PROOF: My first ever sweaty post-running pic will be going up on my blog tomorrow. Corrie Anne of corrieanne.com motivated me to start running… and I’m 3 weeks in :) Woot Woot!! (If only I could look as cute as she does in HER post-running pics! Maybe someday….)

KymberlyFunFit March 28, 2012 at 10:39 pm

My proof is on Instagram and happens when I remember to ask someone to take a pic since my workouts are me teaching. So happy to hear your Blend Retreat is going so well! Have fun! http://funandfit.org/2012/03/ihrsa-2012-fitness-trade-show-fun-finds/

Lindsay March 28, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Hi Janetha-

I admit to being that Lindsay your speaking of above! Yes you met my husband today at Fitmixer. They were just as excited to have you there! I have been a silent blog stocker! Your blog is such a fun read and I am trying to be more motivated by your great habit of working out! Plus who couldn’t love your cute relationship with your “momma,” I as well relate to that type of relationship with my mom. We are quite lucky :) Keep all the good stuff coming!

Janetha March 29, 2012 at 1:26 pm

So awesome, Lindsay! Thank you for reading :)

Bonnie March 28, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Love this #FitFluential shout out! The #PROOF idea is so neat, and thanks for the little shout out for me too. ;) You got my proof for the day – a 3 mile run and a tough workout. Thanks for sharing your proof and keep it up, J.G!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva March 29, 2012 at 1:52 am

My #PROOF for this week is my upper body workout…short & sweet but oh so effective http://the-healthy-diva.com/2012/03/26/motivational-monday-upper-body-blast/ I’ve also been doing skipping intervals for cardio…but no picture. They really make me work up a sweat! I’ll be at the retreat in spirit…who knows maybe next year I can haul my butt over to the US and hang out!

Miz March 29, 2012 at 3:37 am

mine? GETTING UP AGAIN TODAY AND DOING IT ALL…AGAIN :)

Tara Burner March 29, 2012 at 4:40 am

I think I only got a few #PROOF pics on twitter this week been dealing with post-op dog on my lap since sunday! lol

jennifer March 29, 2012 at 4:45 am

I need to join this revolution, particularly since I’m a fellow FitFluential Ambassador! Thanks for sharing these amazing pics. I’ll start posting some soon.

lindsay March 29, 2012 at 5:03 am

i’m way to excited for this post, i mean yea, look at all those PROOF people.. FREAKIN awesome! and Look at all those sponsors for blend, AMAZING!!

oh and look at penny…. Thats my kind of PROOF!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning March 29, 2012 at 6:01 am

Thanks for sharing information about Fit Fluential (again- but I still need to actually sign up for it!) and Fit Mixer! I definitely have to check the Fit Mixer products out- I need a good pre-workout energizer.
My proof will be making it through my first week of balancing the extra FOUR (2 Bodypump, 2 Spinning) classes that I started teaching this week, in addition to the other two that I already had, while balancing a full-time job and LIFE, etc.
I need a nap.

Nicole March 29, 2012 at 6:04 am

My #PROOF: hobbling into golds gym on crutches to bike, and leaving soaked!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices March 29, 2012 at 6:06 am

my proof for yesterday was going to a workout class and doing some weights!

Biz March 29, 2012 at 6:36 am
Cait @ Cait Hates Cake March 29, 2012 at 6:40 am

One of my #fitfluential #PROOFs this week was a pic from the Shamrock Shuffle 8k I ran on Sunday. I like Penny & Randy’s #PROOF better!

Erica March 29, 2012 at 6:49 am

Heart the pups working it out :)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List March 29, 2012 at 6:58 am

This #proof campaign is certainly holding me accountable too! I really just like bragging about myself. ;)

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health March 29, 2012 at 7:04 am

Loving the new proof campaign :). I keep forgetting to tweet about it, so thank you for the reminder! My proof yesterday was powering through a HIIT workout on the treadmill even though I didn’t feel like it! I felt so much better afterward

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean March 29, 2012 at 7:18 am

bonnie is legit! i didn’t even know one armed planks were a thing! loved this post!

Bonnie March 29, 2012 at 7:22 am

Ha! That comment made my day! They.are.tough, especially when trying to really keep your body in the right position and not lean too much! I got them from Strong Like Susan (that’s her YouTube name – search her!) and SHE is legit! :D

betty March 29, 2012 at 7:29 am

you’re awesome. thanks for being such an inspiration. i seriously need to get out of my slump. i feel like a piece of crap. my life is so out of whack that i don’t know what to do. i need to find stress relief in exercising and clean eating rather than avoiding all exercise and carb loading. at least the house is clean, because when i get stressed, the only thing that calms me is cleaning.

wish i could come to blend, but i’m seriously trying to pinch every penny so that we can afford our new house and get the last few big furniture pieces we wants!

Tiffany March 29, 2012 at 7:39 am

People strive to look a certain way and they dont see the effect it takes on their faces.

Maren March 29, 2012 at 7:48 am

30 minutes of cardio this morning already! Poor Nate loses too much weight if he does a lot of cardio, so this week I decided to do a couple of the cardio sessions in the morning and then going to the gym with him for weights after work. We are in the 7th week of the Live Fit trainer! Can’t believe I have been SO religious about this training program…goes to show that having the workouts picked out for me is what it takes to stay motivated!

Have a great Thursday love!

Caitlin March 29, 2012 at 8:13 am

#PROOF is really so fun! love your doggies’ #PROOF haha, very fitfluential. and great to feature other FFA’s on the blog!

Christina March 29, 2012 at 8:18 am

I wish I could go to the Blend Retreat!! Next year I should be able to go, this year I have this little ole wedding to take care of first lol.

I’ve been trying to come up with a supplement regimen that I like. I really like drinking the BCAA/amino drink but I’m not sure when is best to drink it. Before my workout sometimes I drink a Amino Energy drink called Super Pump and then after I drink whey protein. Do you think it’ll be too much to drink the Amino before & during and then the whey after? I’m new to lifting so anyone’s suggestions would help!

Janetha March 29, 2012 at 1:27 pm

This is the regimen I prefer and I know a lot of others do, too. I think it sounds good!

Christina March 31, 2012 at 6:33 am

Yesterday I tried drinking my BCAA/Amino drink during and after my workout and I felt great! I’m going to test it out again today. I was sort of “full” from all the liquid so I didn’t drink my normal whey after but I’ll try to squeeze it in today :)

Madeline@Food, Fitness, and Family March 29, 2012 at 8:25 am

I am all over this!! It has been so amazing logging my #proof … when you talk the talk you need to walk the walk :) Also, I find it helping keep me accountable as well! LOVE it and tweeted :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen March 29, 2012 at 8:27 am

Love this post Janetha! My latest #PROOF is that I started the Livefit Trainer yesterday after stalking your posts about the program all afternoon ;) I’m going to attempt this from my home gym since I don’t belong to a gym. I was doing bodyrock workouts for the past 1.5 months and saw a huge difference in my strength (I might still throw 1 or 2 in a week) but I like this plan and want to see what comes of it!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed March 29, 2012 at 8:40 am

I look downright goofy in my #proof pictures, but I don’t care!!

clare @ fittingitallin March 29, 2012 at 8:40 am

UGH so sad about BLEND!! I’m excited to hang out in Austin with my mom, but you guys do cooler stuff like go on hikes and eat green things.

Jess March 29, 2012 at 8:53 am

I LOVE seeing everyone’s PROOF tweets, so motivating and fun to see everyone sweating it hardcore :)

the delicate place March 29, 2012 at 9:11 am

your endurance amazes me. i’m spent after 30mins lol. my proof is getting up and doing some yoga this morning even though it was 65 degrees in my house and i was cozy and shivering in my bed. (we have strange weather right now so we can’t turn on the heat or ac).

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish March 29, 2012 at 9:15 am

My current #proof is a gash on my knee!. :-p I was on a run and didn’t see the bumb in the sidewalk; before I knew it, I was on the ground. But I got back up and finished my run with blood on my leg. I felt pretty badass. :-D

I SO SO SO want to go to Blend! Gah, it’s killing me. Still hopeful that I’ll miraculously be able to figure something out. xoxo

Katie March 29, 2012 at 9:55 am

It IS crazy! I can’t believe all of the awesome companies that are involved. Can’t waaaait.

Heather (Heather's Dish) March 29, 2012 at 10:29 am

my latest #PROOF is the wear marks on the tires of my jogging stroller…there’s only been walking these days but it still counts!

Justine Duppong @ Life With Cheeseburgers March 29, 2012 at 10:47 am

Love this idea! On my way to go work out… ;)

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 29, 2012 at 11:10 am

LOVE this! I love #PROOF :) Mine comes daily in doses of teaching a bunch of fitness classes! Heh.

I want to try those BCAAs now!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail March 29, 2012 at 11:11 am

Thanks for the link love J! Randy and Penny are right there with Cooper, but at least they are up and moving! :)

I will be living vicariously through you, Lindsay and katie–I have discovered your blogs too late, but would love to attend Blend next year!

Mattie @ Comfy and Confident March 29, 2012 at 11:23 am

#proof is such a brilliant idea! Mine is getting up and working out every morning. Starting my day off on the right foot, make the rest of the day so much better

Rachel C March 29, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Question #1: I wanted to know if you have to be a blogger to attend the retreat?

Question #2: Are you still keeping a journal of the foods you eat, and how you feel after? I was just thinking about you, because i was eating a greek yogurt and now I feel bloated. :/

Thanks.

Janetha March 29, 2012 at 1:25 pm

#1: NO! Anyone can come! It’s not going to be focused on blogging at all.. just on food, fitness, and fun.

#2: Yes I keep a daily journal! Sorry you don’t feel well :(

Pure2raw twins March 29, 2012 at 12:57 pm

our #proof is using our new equalizer every day, and holding our plank everyday! :)

Lisa March 29, 2012 at 1:27 pm

What the one-arm planks! Awesome! I do not think my core is that strong, so bad ass! I’m going to try that out. I love the dogs workin’ it out, so cute. My proof is sweating my butt off at spin class this morning.

misszippy March 29, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Love seeing everyone’s #PROOF! You guys are rocking it. I have to get myself to remember pics after my workouts–did 10 miles this morning at 5:15–should’ve had a camera!

Errign March 29, 2012 at 4:05 pm

My proof is that I went skiing today in terrible conditions with nearly no snow and I smiled the whole damn time because skiing makes me so happy.

Tamara March 29, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I am LOVING the #proof tweets; following them daily and trying to remember to snap a pic of something or other at the end of my workouts!
Thanks for getting the word out!

Kristin @ STUFT Mama March 29, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Okay I just LOVE this post. My #PROOF is my classes I teach everyday and my attempt to still run with a darn heavy double stroller (oh and to ocassionally work out with Bob). He he. You are freaking AWESOME J! I want you to come to boot camp next time you’re in SD!!! :)

Anna March 29, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Darn! I hope fitmixer comes to the east coast costcos soon!

BroccoliHut March 29, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Love, love, LOVE this idea! As odd as it may sound, I feel so awesome and proud after finishing a tough workout and sometimes wish I had a way to share that feeling…definitely joining the #PROOF trend :)

LG March 29, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I have a group of friends that I’m on Fitocracy.com with…it’s fun to rack up points and compete with them. :0)

Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean March 30, 2012 at 10:04 am

LOVE your post on #proof – perfect explaination!!!!! I’ve had a lot of muscle building #proof lately! You rock Janetha!

elise April 1, 2012 at 10:26 am

insert blend jealousy here. stop it.