tahoegrammed.

by Janetha on July 19, 2011

in dogs,love and marriage,love life,travel

i have a lot on my plate.

metaphorically speaking, of course, since it’s not exactly mealtime right now.

between catching up at work, having my fabulous family in town from california and working on all the details for the great fundraising act, i have little time left to blog! i really want to recap my tahoe trip (mainly because the longer i wait, the greater the chances are that i forget everything) but i can’t squeeze a recap into my schedule quite yet.

what i can do is post my entire instagram feed from thursday to monday. for those who don’t know, instagram is an iPhone app that is strictly photos. and for those of you who already follow me on instagram.. well.. sorry, this will be nothing new. come back later!

thursday.

they had no idea what they were in for.IMG_1670 IMG_1680

grammar patrol!

potty break.

gassing up.

navigator.

happy to finally get to tahoe.

dinner at freshies, overlooking the lake.

holly’s place—the dog-friendly resort we stayed at.IMG_1717

friday.

didn’t forget our pills! IMG_1736

breakfast on the go.

biking>driving.

couples massage.

my new favorite cafe.

my favorite husband.

echo lake.

the dogs were allowed at the restaurant. i know.

sunday.

a few oldies instagrammed for our anniversary. IMG_1782 IMG_1783 IMG_1784

a loooong [and beautiful] drive around the lake.

so good we had to go back! anniversary dinner at the dog-friendly spot. IMG_1796

sunday.

need i say more?

happy travelers.

breakfast in reno.

long drive home!

navigator in place.

audiobook to pass the time.

snacks!

lunch! someone mail me one of these. no, ten of them. SO GOOD. IMG_1824

almost homeeeeeeeeee. IMG_1829

on the home stretch. everyone was anxious. IMG_1835

the end.

hopefully i will find some time to put up a more detailed recap. it was such a perfect trip and i can’t wait to ramble about it.

Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 19, 2011 at 10:40 am

Looks like a good trip.

cassie July 19, 2011 at 11:08 am

im from tahoe . thats where i live ! funny. i hate that drive tho…. tahoe to salt lake….. yuck. looks like a fun trip tho… love tahoe in the summer time

Emily July 19, 2011 at 11:38 am

You took the bikes! Awesome. Glad you’re home safe and sound. xoxo

Nicole C July 19, 2011 at 11:48 am

FUN times! Love the fact you can bring the pups! I have the perfect vehicle for all outdoor activities, bike rack included but Kronus is a maniac and won’t play nice. So sad. I need a vacation bad!

Donna @ Life of a Happy Blonde July 19, 2011 at 11:57 am

Looks like a great trip!!!
I love those iphone apps, i use hipstamatic all the time :)
I’ve never been to tahoe it looks lovely!!!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat July 19, 2011 at 11:58 am

There’s not a single thing that didn’t make me smile in the post… pictures of the pups (my fav!), your wedding (so beautiful!), popchips (delish!), and Hunger Games… addiciting right?! Glad you had a great time!

Erica July 19, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Whoop! Fun post :) The pups are so cute- love that they came on vaca. Ah! TJs…..ours opens July 29. Heck YAH! Now I want a massage!

Amy July 19, 2011 at 12:33 pm

how fun! i LOVE tahoe. it is such an awesome place. i love it bc you can go anytime of year and there is plenty to do!! glad u had fun!

lindsay July 19, 2011 at 12:34 pm

i think these photos say it all! and we love tahoe, there is something magical there.

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 19, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Ok I liked this recap! And I hope you enjoyed the Hunger Games — I just loved those books.

katie July 19, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I didn’t mind seeing them again! I can never get enough of the dog pics especially! I know you have a lot on your plate girl, and I want to say I think you are AMAZING for putting the auction all together, you really rock ; )

love you!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 19, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I freaking love instagram. That is all I have to say about that.

the delicate place July 19, 2011 at 1:57 pm

i followed every single shot on instagram :) it looked like an amazing trip and i bet you were so happy to get away to celebrate

Jane July 19, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I love Tahoe – this makes me miss it! Haven’t been in way too long! Glad you had an awesome trip!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) July 19, 2011 at 2:00 pm

ah i am loving instagram!!!! i take picture all of teh time and I love the quirky ways you can spice up the photos! so freakin cute!!!

Holly July 19, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I LOVE that picture ‘happy to finally make it…’- GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!
So glad you guys had such a nice time :) & I’m so glad you are back- you were missed!!! :)

MelissaNibbles July 19, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Glad you had a fun time away!

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 19, 2011 at 3:01 pm

ooooh fun way to recap! Love the photos, and can’t wait for, the, um, ‘er, rambles ;)

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) July 19, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Love the Instagram Love you and the family.

Tiffany @ Simply Shaka July 19, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Oh my, those randy and penny pics are killin me with their cuteness! I want to go on vaca with you all!

I am driving 18 hours this wk so I feel your pain. I bought my first audiobook though and can’t wait to try it out. I am just hoping it will make the time go by fast. Also, I’m trying not to speed home since it will be the first time I see my pup in a month. Totally going to cry when I see him.

zoe (and the beatles) July 19, 2011 at 3:32 pm

LOVE tahoe! LOVE freshies! LOVE sprouts! i kinda maybe sorta want to live there? ;) looks like an awesome trip :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun July 19, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Love all the pics. Instagram is really so cool! And I’m kind of in shock over that restroom’s sign. Really, people? Really!??!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 19, 2011 at 3:49 pm

What a fun trip! I love your grammar patrol pic. That would so be me! :)

The Healthy Engineer July 19, 2011 at 3:51 pm

You went to Lake Tahoe??

That is one of the best parts about Nevada/California (I can never remember which state it is in!)

Katherina @ Zephyr Runs July 19, 2011 at 5:09 pm

A more detailed recap?! This is perfect! Looks like such a great getaway :) :)

Stephanie @ extremebalance.net/blog July 19, 2011 at 5:12 pm

LOVE the grammar patrol. LOVE. And the lake.

Can you point me in the direction of posts about your supplements? Thanks!

Errign July 19, 2011 at 5:13 pm

So glad you had a great trip. I’m jealous of your Trader Joe’s goings & fun adventures :) I think I need to get on this Hunger Games train, especially since they’re filming the movies in the city I live in, um, right now, I think.

Lauren July 19, 2011 at 5:49 pm

You certainty do have a lot on your plate. I know what you mean, right now, my life is a bit chaotic too, but it’s all for such good things that it’s hard to complain about it. Looks like you had a wonderful trip! So happy you got a chance to get away and celebrate life and love. :)

cathy July 19, 2011 at 6:13 pm

welcome home!!!
a quick trip recap is just fine – the photos tell it all. looks like a wonderful getaway, and i’m glad you and marshall had such a lovely holiday.
the restroom photo – > i do that, too! i love snapping photos of grammar/spelling errors and signs that i find just plain funny. best one ever, in moab, utah: “parents, control your children.” :)

Susan July 19, 2011 at 6:28 pm

You don’t need a more detailed recap my dear! This covered things beautifully and it made me smile so much!

Also, good to know Marshall is your favorite husband. You know, out of all of them… ; )

Kimberley July 19, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Sweet!

Paige @ Running Around Normal July 19, 2011 at 7:19 pm

What an awesome weekend! Sounds/looks like one you’ll remember forever! :)

BroccoliHut July 19, 2011 at 7:39 pm

The grammar Nazi in me shudders at the sight of that restroom sign.

Lindsay @Lindsay's List July 19, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I love the iphone apps…Have you tried ScoutMob yet?
P.S. eating your protein frosty right now…no sugar! It’s pretty awesome.

Brittany July 19, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Happy anniversary to you and Mr. Marshall! I love the photo recap of tahoe.

Hope July 20, 2011 at 6:31 am

Looks like such a great anniversary trip! I love that you brought the dogs with you! They must have had a great time as well! :) Can’t wait to read all about it!

Pure2raw twins July 20, 2011 at 7:12 am

Love the pictures! We really need to get on that instagram app!! We will go and download it now ;)

Jessica July 20, 2011 at 9:25 am

Looks like you had fun!! I love that you were able to bring the pups too! :) I am going to Tahoe next week for a few days so if you have any recommendations of places to go to, please lemme know!

Biz July 20, 2011 at 9:46 am

Love the recap!! Lake Tahoe is one place I’ve wanted to visit – it looks so beautiful!

Happy belated 1st anniversary – didn’t that year go by fast??

I can only imagine how big this fundraiser has gotten – so great that you are doing this Janetha!

karin (allpointswhole) July 20, 2011 at 10:46 am

Looks like you had a blast..wow! And love how the pics look all old school like ..

Stephanie @cookinfanatic July 20, 2011 at 11:36 am

What a great trip!! I’ve never visited Lake Tahoe before but looks beautiful!

Alexa @ Simple Eats July 20, 2011 at 11:47 am

I want to go to Tahoe so badly! The pups are so adorable, and it’s awesome that you got to take them with you everywhere!

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather July 20, 2011 at 12:06 pm

It looks like fun! Totally wishing I had a cool phone to instagram it up.

Julia July 21, 2011 at 10:27 pm

What fun, Love the instagrammedness! How is Hunger Games? Tyler just bought them to read, but I’m trying to finish Harry Potter first (yes, I am a nerd).

Andrea@WellnessNotes July 24, 2011 at 4:44 am

Happy belated Anniversary! Looks like a great trip!

We always go to Sprouts when we are in Tahoe!