day dreaming.

by Janetha on April 3, 2011

in meals

i woke up to this:

sorry dogs, i ain’t taking you to the park.

oh, notice someone new there?

that’s griffy. my co-worker’s 13 year old pug. we are watching him for 10 days. he’s so old and cute and snorts a lot.

marshall is still asleep. i think he is trying to put off the fit test for insanity (we start today, and it starts with a fit test so we can monitor our progress.)

so, while i wait for the mister to pull himself out of bed, i am day dreaming of things i am looking forward to in the warmer months..when i don’t wake up to snow-covered branches.

the farmers market.

imageimage

camping.

and smores. (but never again having fake nails, what was i thinking?)

peaches being in season.

well, basically ALL fruit being in season.

hiking. (and eating while hiking..)

imageimage

going to palm springs to see deb.

the chobani bus at the arts festival.

my birthday.

spending summer evenings at the park.

running 5ks (the SLC one and the gay pride one).

imageimage

swimming.

my first wedding anniversary.

dining al fresco.

yep, ready for some sunshine, warm weather and flip flops.

but for now, i will just have to patiently wait for these four to get up and entertain me.

IMG_0306IMG_0310IMG_0308IMG_0309

1. what is something you are looking forward to at the moment?

2. what is your favorite season & why?

p.s. tomorrow is national chicken cordon bleu day. i have a feeling a new casserole recipe is going to be made up!

Laura April 3, 2011 at 7:40 pm

1. Our trip to Maui and Kauai this month!
2. Summer is undoubtedly my favorite season. I’m one of those people who is cold unless it is at least 75 degrees, so I freeze for the other 9 months of the year living in NY.

katshealthcorner April 3, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Oh my gosh, when I saw those puppy faces, my heart melted! :)

megan @ muncher cruncher April 3, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Ugh…seriously…this snow is the WORST. I had no idea it was going to snow and I was NOT pleased. Yesterday was such a tease too!! I love all your warm weather pics. I’m totally looking forward to swimming, running outside, being tan, riding my cruiser around, camping…i could go on.
How do you like insanity. It’s freaking tough!
xoxoxo Megs

snackgirlgoeshealthy April 3, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Such a cute lil pug! ahaha I love it! He’s a lil ole spenster of a dog! hehe.

I am looking forward to…
summer camp
going to equador
my birthday
couseling at summer camp
the smell of summer
fresh fruit
swimming
my 6 months

Megan@Dirty Dishes Daily April 3, 2011 at 9:58 pm

That little old pug is so cute. He blends in well with the wrinkles in the blanket. ;)

Julia April 3, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Aww such cute photos. Griffy is adorable – and he definitely looks like he would snort up a storm!
I’m most looking forward to camping and hiking this summer!

sophia April 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Aw, poor doggies. Hope they get a good sunny romp soon!

By the way, we should plan a bloggers’ retreat to Palm Springs…Eden actually suggested it, so I hope that will cheer her up too. What say you, dear Janetha?

Erica D April 3, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I’m looking forward to my mom & sister coming out to see me in Colorado; my mom hasn’t seen me at school for a year and a half, and my sister has never seen me in a college environment. Hehehehe, I’ll show them a good time.

For a long time, I went back and forth between spring and fall as my favorite seasons, but now I can’t deny that it’s SUMMER. summer summer summer. FOREVER. I like warmth, and I don’t ever want it to go away!

Juliette April 3, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I am looking forward to my boyfriends bday. We are going paragliding tomorrow if the weather cooperates. My favorite season?????? Tough one because I really like summer, winter, & fall for all different reasons. I guess spring is my least favorite, but I still think its great. Ya, boring… Blah.
PS The pics of your dogs are so cute. Lookin up all innocent. Totally jeal. Hope your start to ‘Insanity’ went great.

elise April 3, 2011 at 11:55 pm

those are some wonderful things to look forward to…i only wish a trip to santa monica were on the list ;)

Nicole @ Fresh & Fit April 4, 2011 at 4:15 am

I feel the same way about summer! I can’t wait, I wish it would just get here already!
Summer is by far my favorite season. I am ready for flip flops, shorts, t-shirts, driving with the windows down and Beach Sundays!

fittingbackin April 4, 2011 at 7:31 am

At the moment i’m looking forward to two beach trips this summer – woo!

I’d normally say winter – all day every day BUT i’m loving now because it’s getting warm. I think I don’t have a favorite season, I just like when they change! :)

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) April 4, 2011 at 7:37 am

What strange weather that is happening! We had a bit of snow here as well.

I am also looking forward to the warm weather- fresh veggies at the farmers market, especially! I am also excited about starting work in a few weeks… it’s been over a year!

Spring is my favorite season, hands down. Love it!

xo

enjoyingthechaos April 4, 2011 at 8:01 am

summer, summer, summer…for all those things you listed above..except maybe the camping thing…yikes

Nicole M. G. April 4, 2011 at 8:05 am

Definitely looking forward to warm weather and hopefully selling our house this summer (after trying for the last 3 years, I think this year might be it! Darn housing market!)

I love summer and fall! Spring is pretty but my allergies really work me over in the spring. Summer and fall are where it’s at! I love winter just until New Years is over…and then I am over it, completely!

Can’t wait to see what casserole you come up with for Chicken Cordon Bleu day! Yum!

todayilovemylife April 4, 2011 at 8:14 am

1. Mmmm…peaches. I want some!
2. Whatever/wherever you are eating in that al fresco picture looks delicious
3. Casserole?? Can’t wait!!

xoxo

Freckled Foodie April 4, 2011 at 8:30 am

i am reallllly looking forward to going to the beach in june!! <3

Graze With Me April 4, 2011 at 9:08 am

I am so with you about the weather. Saturday we had a taste of 85 degrees with plenty of summer fun and then *boom* it snowed on Sunday! ARG!

francesca @ oral hcg April 4, 2011 at 9:59 am

I always look forward to go to the beach! Just by thinking about it, it makes me feel realaxed. :) Your doggies are adorable! Griffy looks so cute. :)

Annette @EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 4, 2011 at 10:27 am

I am looking forward to running outside, swimming daily, wearing flip flops, and eating my body weight in watermelon!! Love this post –might have to borrow this idea soon :)

Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 4, 2011 at 10:43 am

I am looking forward to my best friend coming to visit from Nebraska. I’m going to take her to a classic NYC Brunch (and blog about it OF COURSE). I tried to explain to her that New Yorkers do brunch better than anyone but she doesn’t believe me :-)

Favorite season has always been fall. I just love the pleasant temps and the changing of the seasons. Nothing gets me going like a beautiful jog in Central Park during the fall.

PS – those dog pics are sooo cute!

Jen@jensdaily April 4, 2011 at 11:22 am

Good luck with Insanity! I started ChaLEAN Extreme this morning, just did the fit test, but i’m excited to see where i’ll be 90 days from now.

Caree @ Fit-Mama April 4, 2011 at 1:43 pm

ick, I would be pretty upset with waking up to snow too! I woke up to horrible storms and then my power going out, boo.

I LOVE insanity! awesome workout!

stuffedsillysarah April 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Oh my – I’m so jealous! I love dogs and you have 3 beauties : ) x x

glidingcalm April 4, 2011 at 2:43 pm

awww! i can’t wait either!! I am always cold and hate this dreary weather!! I love boats and being on boats in the sun too!!! one of my most FAVORITE parts of summer!!

all of these pics are amazing. esp. the puppy ones!!

and i agree! summer fruit! hiking! swimming!! eeeek im so excited!!

p.s. i have almost the same black and white striped dress that I wear at least once a week with leggings! :P

love you MAMA!

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 4, 2011 at 3:35 pm

We don’t really have seasons here- it just goes from warm / hot (spring) to way too hot (summer) to warm (fall) to cool (winter). Gotta love California :) I want to experience a true fall with the leaf changes and everything! I do love spring, though.

Lauren April 4, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I am looking forward to summer and the warmer weather in general! That being said, I love summer!! There was too much snow here in southern Alberta. We got approximately 10 – 20 cm the other day, on TOP of what was already here. So it’s gonna be flood season (spring), then too hot season (aka summer) then normal weather (fall), and frigging freezing weather (winter)

kissmybroccoli April 8, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Ok, bear with me here…catching up from the last week! Eek!

Cutest pup pics ever! The one with Griffy actually makes him look sorta camouflaged…he totally blends in with that blanket! Lol

I love summer! It gets pretty hot and humid here in TN, but I love the sun being up until almost 9pm, fresh fruit at the peak of the season, cook outs, and vacation time! Ohh, do I need the beach right about now!

PS, totally agree with you on the fake nails bit…worst decision EVER! Ouch!

Mandy A April 10, 2011 at 9:49 am

I would like your abs please :) Thank you!