baby shower!

by Janetha on June 22, 2014

in oh baby

hi! popping in this fine sunday afternoon to share the details about my baby shower, which was yesterday. you know me, if i don’t get details about an event posted soon after it happens, i will likely forget those details. and, no, that’s not a pregnancy symptom. that’s the downfall of being related to my mother. ;)

my BFF mands threw me the cutest baby shower yesterday, with some help from my mom and sisters. i have become quite the failure on the photography front, but i did get pics of the cute decor, most of the food, and only a few of the actual shower. whoops! but that’s okay.. it’s more important to have a good time than to take photos of the good time being had, i’ve learned.

i was so happy to see that it was bird themed–i love birds!

IMG 1429

every little detail was perfect–from the decor to the activities to the food. i was so thrilled with how it turned out!

IMG 1436

IMG 1432

IMG 1430

IMG 1431

IMG 1433

IMG 1443

IMG 1444

IMG 1445

IMG 1447

IMG 1435

there weren’t any organized games, but there were various activities going on the whole time. we played the clothespin game–everyone starts out with 5 clothespins and any time someone says “baby”, another can steal a pin from them. the person who ends up with the most pins at the end of the shower wins! i lost. real fast.

there was also an advice box (my favorite bit was “don’t leave your baby on top of your car”), a guess-the-due-date calendar, and a diaper raffle.

IMG 1470

it was so fun to see all the great gifts people brought for the little mister. he is already spoiled rotten!

IMG 1478

IMG 1473

IMG 1483

all of the gifts were fantastic, but this custom artwork my friend kristen did of penny & randy stole the show.

IMG 1457

i was literally crying when i opened it. it’s so perfect.. she is one talented mama!

NewImage

i also adore this necklace that mands got me..(the little man’s name starts with an F.)

NewImage

yep. pretty fantastic shower. i am a lucky lady and this baby is a lucky guy.

thank you, mands! i love you!

IMG 1505

and thanks, mom, for helping host and basically for being my mom!

IMG 1502

and thanks, jess, for being the best pregnant pal i could ever hope for. (she’s due in a few weeks! eep!!)

IMG 1495

and thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who came to celebrate this little boy in my belly! we failed to get a group shot, but i did manage to get one with everyone who stayed after the shower ended.. ha!

IMG 1494

and now i am thoroughly overwhelmed by all the baby stuff in my house… i have my work cut out for me! the first thing i am tackling is washing and hanging up/folding all his clothes. mands told me that folding baby clothes is “fun”.. haha.. fun, aye? i’ll be the judge of that…

NewImage

in related news, here is a progress shot of the little man. i usually just post these on instagram, but i thought i would post it here today, too!

NewImage

clearly i am getting more and more lax with my hair and makeup.. haha.. and look lots more worn out as weeks go by. but i actually feel great and have no complaints! well, aside from that whole having to fold a giant pile of baby laundry thing…. ;)

time to make dinner! and then who knows what we will do with ourselves now that game of thrones is over (boooo).  have a great week!

Heather (Where's the Beach) June 22, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Oh that picture of the pups – so so sweet. So happy for you lady!! You look fantastic and so happy.

Lauren June 22, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Awww, so fun! So glad you had such a wonderful shower. I can’t wait for your little guy to arrive. :)

jess t June 22, 2014 at 6:24 pm

glad you had a lovely shower! can’t wait to see how adorable he is. as soon as i read that his name starts with an “f” my brain said “franklin”.

Livi June 22, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Looks like a lovely shower!

Carbzilla June 22, 2014 at 6:34 pm

I’m guessing Fernando. It’s going to be quite a surprise since I can’t think of anything else.

momma b. June 22, 2014 at 7:05 pm

What a fun celebration! Mands outdid herself – she is a great party planner!! I missed seeing that darling necklace…..I still need some of those initials for my neck too! Yes, the painting of Penny and Randy really…..a show stopper and absolutely perfect for the little guy’s room!

You all are lucky people to be surrounded by so many who love you!!

I love you the most though – because i am your momma…. xoxo!! (I love you in spite of that little “remark” at the beginning of this post :-)…..)

Erica June 22, 2014 at 7:07 pm

AH! I’m so excited for you- I could seriously explode :) First off, you’re the cutest pregnant lady. And the shower looks perfect (pass over some of those desserts!). LOVE the puppers art work. Great gift- your friends rock <3 <3

valerie June 22, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Awww, bird themed? Cute! And the food looks incredible.

my advice is to just tackle the clothes from newborn to 3 mos. The rest can wait. You’ll be doing laundry on the daily anyway, so you can throw the rest in with it.

Ps. You look great – all belly is the way to go :)

Linz @ Itz Linz June 22, 2014 at 7:32 pm

cuuuute!!! and f? hmm i’ll need to start guessing on the names hehe!! i’m not a fan of folding any laundry.. the other day i had my grandma come over and help me organize william’s clothes as i was switching out his newborn stuff to 3 months (sad!) aka she refolded everything so nicely!!

Becky @ TheBexFactor June 22, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Looks like a great shower! That food looks AMAZING!

I think I probably spent an entire day taking tags off and washing clothes after my shower. That didn’t include folding and hanging. And you’d be surprised how fast they go through all those clothes before they outgrown them. The first year is nuts!

Mandy June 22, 2014 at 7:42 pm

So much fun celebrating with you! Love you mucho!! Can’t wait to hold and spoil the little F man!! Xoxo

Steph June 22, 2014 at 10:07 pm

You look so good! I’m totally guessing Finn for the name, although I’m probably way off.

Julie June 22, 2014 at 11:06 pm

This looks like such fun and of course, that picture of the pups is adorable!

Pua June 22, 2014 at 11:57 pm

I love that you and Jess are both are wearing similar dresses. You guys look great!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 23, 2014 at 6:43 am

oh man! wish i lived closer. :(
and that necklace is just perfect!

betty June 23, 2014 at 7:03 am

awww.. this is the cutest ever. i love the theme! cant wait to find out what the baby’s name is! i’m sure you’re ready to just have him out! love you!

Jessiker June 23, 2014 at 7:13 am

Yay! So much fun!! I loved it all. The “don’t leave your baby on your car” advice was from yours truly lol.

Janetha June 23, 2014 at 8:30 am

lol oh, i know! that’s what made it the best

the delicate place (@misathemeb) June 23, 2014 at 8:24 am

i love kristen’s gift to you, so perfect! please tell me your tiny human will be named felix (i love that name)! so i am secretly hoping i’m right :)

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life June 23, 2014 at 9:24 am

You’re looking so awesome! Looks like an adorable shower though! I love seeing how creative people can get when it comes to planning events. That is SO not a talent of mine!

Emily @ Fit as a Mother... June 23, 2014 at 9:52 am

Looks like a fun shower!

Jenn - Girl Heroes June 23, 2014 at 12:19 pm

You look amazing friend! Glad you and baby boy were showered with love!

Melissa June 23, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Your shower was adorable! I can’t believe you are so close! Seems like yesterday that you were announcing your pregnancy!

lindsay June 23, 2014 at 3:45 pm

why wasn’t i invited? jk! love the gifts. you have great friends, but you know that!

purelytwins June 23, 2014 at 3:57 pm

beautiful shower girl!! You look beautiful!!

Lori’s baby shower is this weekend, cannot wait :)

Annette@FitnessPerks June 23, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Mmmm yummy food!

What a lovely looking shower. I’m so glad you got showered with lots of presents for the little dude. I can’t wait to ‘meet’ him!!!

calee @ life + running June 24, 2014 at 11:17 am

OMG that image of Penny and Randy. The cutest! Happy baby shower!

Tamara June 24, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Love F’s “progress” pics.. and the pups! What a cute charm, too. Looks like an awesome shower! <3

PS: my guess (I know you didn't ask for any, but I saw the others and couldn't resist) is Frederick/Frederico. :D

Sarah June 25, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Love the necklace! Do you mind sharing where it is from?

Janetha June 25, 2014 at 1:06 pm

She got it at a local shop called Hip & Humble :)

lea @ healthy coconut June 26, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Hi Janetha, congratulations on your pregnancy, you look so cute in your pictures. It has been awhile since I’ve visited so I’m going to look around and see what you have been up to :)