meals & moves…the past 3 months.

by Janetha on February 20, 2014

in love life,meals,moves,oh baby

hey, there. i know i have been MIA from blogging for quite some time. and telling you about my meals & moves has fallen to the bottom of my priority list. but today i want to share some of the meals & moves i have been doing for quite some time now. i have been snapping pics on my phone here and there, and now it’s time to share!

lots of burgers & fries..

all the chips.. and all the guac..

chipotle & taco time like it’s my job..

childhood classics like grilled cheese & tomato soup and cocoa & toast..

less that stellar chicken choices.. like chicken salad from the store. (the store is called “the store” and it is the best EVER) and wendy’s chicken nuggets with honey mustard..

cereal.. alllllll the cereal..

ice cream in any form.. shakes, frozen custard, cold stone, frosties.. you name it.

utah scones & greasy diner food..

saltines in bed. randy always begging.

yeah.. so those have been my meals. a little out of the ordinary, you could say.

and then there are my moves. oh, my moves.

there has been a lot of this.

and this, too.

and, of course this.

and who could forget this.

so i guess i should say my lack of moves. i have been to the gym a whopping three times this year. and i had to leave halfway through the third workout so i wouldn’t lose my lunch.

i am sure you have figured out what’s going on here.. if you didn’t guess already (i know many of you have assumed!)

yep! i’m three months pregnant. we had an ultrasound today and we decided to spill the beans.

it’s been a pretty huge lifestyle change for me these past couple of months. i have been terribly sick since january 5th. luckily i hit 13 weeks tomorrow and word on the street is i should be turning the corner.. although some mommas are sick well into their second or even third trimesters, so i shouldn’t get too jazzed just yet.

my lack of healthy meals & workouts isn’t the reason i haven’t been blogging. sure, it would have been really hard to hide it from you guys because i am a terrible liar, but that’s not even it. i have had zero tank in the gas by the time i get done with work every day. exhaustion, nausea, and heartburn have been my BFFs and they have made blogging a laughable task.

i legit DO NOT KNOW how those of you who have been pregnant or are pregnant keep up with everything. blogging, working out, watching after toddlers, working, cleaning, cooking.. not sure how you do it all! my full time job is a requirement, so i get that handled, but anything additional is out of the question. haha, poor marshall. he is such a babe.. makes dinner every night, does all the cleaning, and takes care of whatever needs i may have. LOVE LOVE LOVE him.

i definitely want to tell you all more about my life these past couple of months (i have known about my pregnancy since december 19th.) i want to share how i found out, how i told marshall, friends, and family, and also what exactly has been going on with me behind the scenes. but i think this is already long enough! i will be back next time with more details.

ahh! i am so happy the cat is out of the bag! now you know why i am always MIA and why i am such a lazy slug. ;)

Annette@FitnessPerks February 21, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Congratulations!! I am SO excited for you :)

And yes, totally had a feeling you were, so I am super glad I was right! (I usually am, haha. It’s the weirdest thing–and kind of psychic. But I usually am wrong on the gender. haha).

Anyways, your food looks totally ‘normal’ for being a sick pregnant lady! I was sick until 16 weeks to the day, and then it magically disappeared and I felt great! So I promise it ends….eventually ;)

xoxo

suni February 21, 2014 at 2:00 pm

LOVE that the cat is finally out!! Yay! xoxo Love you!

YesLifeLove February 21, 2014 at 2:00 pm

I am SO, SO happy for you guys! I’m expecting my first in May, so I get a little weepy any time I hear about anyone else being pregnant, even bloggers that I don’t know in real life :)

Congratulations and I hope you feel better soon!!

Maryz February 21, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Congrats! So exciting!I hope you start feeling better!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves February 21, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Ahh!! That’s fantastic! Get all the rest and fuel you need, Janetha. We’ll be right here for ya :) Congratulations!

Katie February 21, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Yip, yip, yipee!! So glad the cat is out of the bag and so excited to meet this little guy/girl (I totally think it’s a boy).

emily (a nutritionist eats) February 21, 2014 at 3:24 pm

That is so exciting!!!! Congrats!

Brittany February 21, 2014 at 4:02 pm

1.) I am so incredibly excited for you and Marshall. I think you two are going to have the cutest little babe!

2.) Your announcement picture is adorable. <3 Love, love.

Nicole February 21, 2014 at 5:45 pm

WOOOHOOO!! Congrats!! I’m sure the next several months (years?) will be an adventure! We all love you and we’ll be here no matter how much time you need to find balance!! :)

Cheers!

Colleen February 21, 2014 at 6:14 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Sleep. All. You. Want. And then sleep some more.

I loved barre workout DVDs and yoga and walking when I was pregnant. I tried to do something for 20 minutes a day just so that I stayed in the routine of making time for physical activity, even if it was just foam rolling and stretching. Most of the time, I did it in the morning because I knew I would have no juice left in the evening.

Also, get a doula! And stay off baby center, it’s all trolls and stuff to scare you!

Colleen February 21, 2014 at 6:18 pm

And PS I hope you share some Momma B reactions, she’s going to be the coolest Grandmas ever!

Shayla B. February 21, 2014 at 6:41 pm

I can relate to this post on EVERY level!!! Congratulations!!! Such wonderful news!

Kelsey February 21, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Yay!! Congrats!!! Looking forward to all your future post! My son just turned 6 months!

Sara February 21, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Congrats! I knew you had said you were on Clomid in December… glad it worked out for ya :) I am on month #6 on praying for a miracle. Excited to learn more details about your pregnancy.

Lili February 22, 2014 at 1:19 am

So happy for u (; I’m 6months prego luckly I dint get sick much. I got nauseous that I would barely walk for 15 min sometimes . I tried to keep up w work outs. I still do 30 min walking and stairs 20-30 mi couple times a week.. Work, do chores ); it’s hard. Energy wise, hard. Hope it gets better for u. I eat like crazy, breads and sweets. I gained a bunch . Hope u ready to buy maternity clothes. I love old navy .. Cheaper and comfy ..

cath@1970kikiproject February 22, 2014 at 5:38 am

j, this is SUCH happy, wonderful news to read.
all the best to you and marshall as you enter this exciting life chapter!!!
xoxo!

Janetha February 23, 2014 at 5:05 pm

omg so great to hear from you! i miss you!

Laura (LunaChickRuns) February 22, 2014 at 6:37 am

Congratulations!! I know exactly what you mean about the huge lifestyle change…I am due 7/15 and went straight from training for an Ironman to struggling to run 10 miles a week. Can’t wait to follow along!! :)

Kawena February 22, 2014 at 9:59 am

I am so happy for you and Marshal! Congratulations!!!!

Jay February 22, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Congratulations! I have to say I’ve figured it out a while ago though, haha.

I remember you used to be pretty anti-babies. I hope you’ll touch this change of you in one of your future posts. :)

lorie February 22, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Awwwww…I knew it and was praying for you. So excited for you and I know you will be feeling good again soon. What a blessing and it is going to bring so much joy to your life.

Marie February 22, 2014 at 5:41 pm

So so happy for you and Marshall! I can’t wait to hear all the details and pray you feel better soon! Enjoy this time along with all the eating. ;)

Nikki February 23, 2014 at 7:25 am

I am due with a baby boy in early July and the morning sickness and exhaustion did not end at week 13. I threw up 5 of the last 6 days. But it will all be worth it at the end. You may not feel sick all the time as I never do but you won’t go one day without feeling pregnant.

Janetha February 23, 2014 at 5:04 pm

haha i believe you!!

Ashley Kittelsrud February 25, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I love reading your blog and am so excited for your little peanut!!

So…since you seem to know where the good food is at in Salt Lake, where can I get an awesome salad as well as a fantastic margarita?

Janetha February 26, 2014 at 1:13 pm

thank you! i am not huge on margaritas (i like beer), but i hear there is something called the death star at el chihuahua up on highland and it’s supposed to be amazing. not even sure if it’s a margarita, though. salads.. my favorite salad in town is the one at cannella’s. their house dressing is the best! it’s a blue cheese vinaigrette. the salad is full of stuff like beets, cheese, a couple kinds of beans.. mm, it’s good. aristo’s also has an aweeesome greek salad. blue lemon also has some good salads.

Maren February 26, 2014 at 8:36 am

YAY! So excited for you! This post seriously made me hungry. And it cracked me up seeing all of the ridiculous food you’ve been eating! Doritos and a shit-ton of ice cream! lol love ya!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) February 27, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Haha your blog exploded as predicted! Yay! Can’t wait- Love that pic of you and M <3 xoxoxox

Trisha March 5, 2014 at 8:28 pm

I know I commented on IG but I can’t recall if I ever officially congratulated you here. Regardless, I just found myself thinking about how happy I am for you and wanted to stop over say it again…CONGRATULATIONS! I am so super stoked for you and Marshall. I’ve always loved how honest you are about everything here, and even recall a blog post where you admitted that you might not ever want kids of your own. I love that you’ve grown so much as a person, and you and Marshall have grown so much as a couple, that you put forth so much effort to create this beautiful life together. I can’t wait to continue reading about your journey! :)

Janetha March 7, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Thank you! Yeah, I didn’t think we would have kids at all to be honest. Then one day we both decided we really DID want a family. I think it just took some growing up to realize it!

Chris March 11, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Ok. so you haven’t had too much time to do some blogging. Hey! the baby gets first crack at your love and attention. Congrats and great to see you both very happy! love your dogs and your chow too!

Janetha March 13, 2014 at 12:14 pm

haha the baby is going to take over our lives, and we couldn’t be more excited! our pups, however, may be a tad jealous. i think we will have enough love and attention to go around.

Marie March 14, 2014 at 4:19 pm

I loved this pregnancy announcement! Looks a lot like my diet and activity level during the first trimester. Congrats!