monday meals & moves!

by Janetha on October 7, 2013

in meals,moves

hi, guys! i did a good job of documenting today and thought i’d share it. i have lots of peeps in the holiday hustle asking what i am eating now that my challenge is over.. so i thought i’d share my full day today.

mondays are rough, i am to be at work an hour and a half earlier than usual. i have meetings back to back, so i don’t get to eat until several hours after i’ve been awake. i did have my spark (in lieu of coffee) and took my vitamins, thermoplus, and catalyst.

around 9:45 i was able to have breakfast.. a dark chocolate protein shake

…with a side of work ;)

NewImage

lunch came around 1:30 and i threw together a grain salad using these ingredients.

NewImage

the vegetable & grain salad from trader joe’s is AMAZING. one container is two servings. it’s lots of different grains and beans and veggies.. look how yummy!

NewImage

i served half of the grain salad mix over spinach and arugula then i added 4 oz of precooked chicken breast on top. i added some of this dressing.. personal fave..

NewImage

and, of course, mustard. my BFF.

NewImage

can’t wait to eat the second half of this lunch tomorrow! i loved it!

i got home around 4 and had a snack. i picked up this chili mustard at the farmer’s market and paired it with some precooked turkey breast.

NewImage

i wish you guys could all try this mustard! penny and randy wished they could try it, too.

NewImage

i will have to see about finding it online. it’s so good. they also have a balsamic mustard we picked up.

i had my pre workout supps.. arginine + spark.

NewImage

then headed to GPP for this fun workout!

NewImage

i thought about doing some cardio, too, but i was exhausted from the early morning, so i just headed home. i made shepherd’s pie for dinner.

NewImage

i had a big serving of it and then downed the final 32 oz of my daily gallon. love making this for dinner because we have lots of leftovers!

then i replied to emails while watching the shield with marshall. we finished season 3 and just started season 4.. we are such addicts! it’s nice that it’s on netflix so we don’t have to wait a year between seasons ;)

i will most likely have a protein cake before bed.. i simply mix a scoop of vanilla protein powder with an egg white, 1 TB applesauce, 1 TB cocoa powder 1/4 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract in a mug sprayed with cooking spray. microwave for 90 seconds and it’s done! i like to mix half a serving of plant fusion and half a serving of hemp force for my protein powder.. the combo makes the cake super M-word.

mmmkay.. that’s it! super speedy post for a super busy day. be back tomorrow with more ramblings!

1. what was your workout today (monday)?

2. what was the best thing you ate today (monday)?

kendrra thoms October 7, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Today I think the best thing I ate was these cauliflower cheesey bites from blogilates. DELISH. I enjoy replacing things with cauliflower now. :)
kendrrat

Stephanie @ Wholesome By Design October 7, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I love that you talk about Trader Joe’s stuff. Obsessed! That farmer’s market mustard looks good. TJ’s sells a mustard 4-pack for the holidays with fancy flavors. Probably not as good as the stuff you bought but still amazing.

p.s. Thanks for not using the M-word.

Casey O October 7, 2013 at 10:16 pm

My work out today was a 45 min walk with my mom and aunt it was about 3.2ish miles total. It was gorgeous out and the moon looked amazing.

Favorite thing I ate was definitely not my advocare fiber drink but probably my celery and peanut butter… they were just what I wanted

How do you like the watermelon spark??? I really enjoy the fruit punch spark but find myself not completely in love with the mandarin orange.. Watermelon sounds fantastic

Janetha October 8, 2013 at 8:06 am

I don’t love the orange, either. Watermelon is my fave. Tastes like a jolly rancher :)

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats October 7, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Best thing I ate today was a flaxseed mug cake for breakfast it was delicious and I had it with coconut yoghurt :)

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine October 7, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Today I went to my favorite Group Power class, awesome as usual!

Lisa October 7, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Oh man, your Monday’s sound crazy! At least it’s all over with now.
And keeps the day busy. I guess it’s better than those slow days at work!
All your eats look awesome for the day.
The best thing I ate was probably this roasted vegetable soup I made for Dinner. It was just amazing.

Corrie Anne October 7, 2013 at 11:42 pm

The lunch salad looks delicious and you have me thinking i should probably be eating more mustard. we did a barbell complex at cf today which I absolutely hated, but I guess that means I needed to work on it, so I’m glad I went! Now that it’s over. We had taco salads for the millionth time tonight, but they’re the best!

Erica October 8, 2013 at 12:57 am

Ow! Totally buying that TJs grain salad. How yummy. Tjs has the best products. The shepards pie looks so darn good. Workouts on Monday- taught Attack and Step. Best thing I ate Monday? I made a great Italian veggie dish

Linz @ Itz Linz October 8, 2013 at 4:41 am

i ate a baked potato for dinner and it was faaaaantastic! :)

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut October 8, 2013 at 4:54 am

That shepard’s pie looks delish!

The best thing I had yesterday was probably a breakfast burrito made at work! Refried beans, cheese, salsa and eggs!

betty (the sweaty betty) October 8, 2013 at 6:00 am

i made a ‘clean’ stroganoff for dinner last night and really enjoyed it. I also took scout for a walk since I’ve been feeling a cold coming on and I don’t have time for that, so i’m trying to get my rest. love Netflix! i’d rather watch everything together than wait every week!

purelytwins October 8, 2013 at 7:30 am

love watching shows on netflix, I will have to check out the shield

I do not workout yesterday, but got up this morning and did some pushups and kettlebell swings. I am traveling now so hard to get a workout in ;)

xoxo
M

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 8, 2013 at 8:10 am

I adore shepherd’s pie! I haven’t made it in ages, so thanks for the inspiration!
I took a 20-20-20 gym class yesterday – basically, lots of weights and plyo moves!

Rachel M. October 8, 2013 at 9:03 am

Monday I went a kick boxing class. I found a local martial arts gym recently and this was my third class. Even though it really kicks my butt, I love it!

This past weekend I marinated tofu in an homemade Asian sesame dressing which I mixed with wild rice. I the leftovers for lunch and it was delicious!

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life October 8, 2013 at 9:37 am

Totally appreciate you not using the M-word. Blech!! That shephards pie looks amazing though – sweet potatoes instead of regular white ones are such a great addition!

Annette@FitnessPerks October 8, 2013 at 9:45 am

Thanks for the recipe for the mug cake–in yesterdays comments & today! :) I think those are so fun to make.

Looks like you had a super busy day. And mmmmm to good mustard!!

Livi October 8, 2013 at 9:54 am

I only fit in a quick 45 min of cardio yesterday because I have a big test tomorrow- need to get some strength in today!

Marisa October 8, 2013 at 10:00 am

I did a Ballet Physique DVD Monday morning. The best thing I ate was a bowl of potato chowder with mini saltines.
That grain salad looks amazing! I have a long list of TJ’s stuff to buy next time I can make it to one.

Nicole V. October 8, 2013 at 11:15 am

My workout yesterday was 3.5 miles on the treadmill. Felt good to GO to the gym, especially after I had almost talked myself out of it.

Best thing I ate yesterday: Special K with Red Berries cereal. Kinda sad….

Maren October 8, 2013 at 12:25 pm

hahaha super m-word. Hate that word! I ended up having to sub for someone last night so I taught tabata! It was fun teaching it to a different group than my “regulars”. Then I came home and had 1/2 acorn squash topped with taco turkey meat, onions and salsa! And Nate had super cheesy stuffed peppers. Jealous.

:) I miss sugar.

Shari October 8, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I found the mustard online http://www.wilsonswicked.com.

Katy O October 8, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Mmm the grain salad looks yummy! I don’t have a TJ’s near me… What is in it? I want to recreate. It looks like cucumbers, chickpeas, red peppers, quinoa.

Jessie October 8, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Yum! I need to try that protein cake. :)

julie October 9, 2013 at 7:10 pm

monday sounds & looks delicious! I would have the same face as Penny & Randy when looking at that mustard jar!!