want it wednesday.

by Janetha on February 20, 2013

in BLEND,meals,moves,questions answered

YO! it’s one of those mindless nights.. marshall is working on an oil painting, i am browsing pinterest, and we are listening to an adam carolla podcast. you know what that means? a light little blog post is in order!

a little bit about my day.. let’s see.. i slept for nearly 11 hours, woke up late, and was late for work. whoops! my body is really trying to fight off any sickness, so i think the extra ZZZs were good for me.

i missed my sushi date last weekend and i’ve been craving it since. that called for takeout! we looked on yelp for a close-to-the-office sushi joint and discovered sushi groove.

IMG 5460IMG 5461

three of us ordered three rolls and an order of edamame to share.

IMG 5465IMG 5467IMG 5472

sushi groove was cheap, quick, close, and delicious. two thumbs up from me.. i will be going again! and, yes, i realize that eating out is becoming the norm lately… hmm… i will try to back off.

i worked late since i went in late, which made me go to the very last class at my gym tonight at 6:30. the workout was one of my favorites! i love anything with kettlebells.

IMG 5478

since it was our friend schmoop’s (aka amy) birthday and she turned 34, we upped the KB swings to 34 each round instead of 25. it was fun! i finished in 20:04.

IMG 5477IMG 5479

after the gym i debated going to walk on the treadmill to get my steps in (i was only at 4,000 for the day) but i opted to go home and eat gummy bears instead. hmmm.. sounds logical. it was already almost 8 o’clock, so we went with a quick & easy dinner.

IMG 6922

toast, bacon (x2 of this pic), and scrambled eggs with goat cheese. love breakfast for dinner!

so.. want it wednesday. let’s talk about it.

i used to have a big HUGE shopping addiction. i would buy clothes on impulse and then they’d sit in my closet with the tags on, never to be worn. after getting married, i really learned to tame my shopping habit because i had someone who would call me out on my unnecessary spending. even though i rarely shop these days, that doesn’t mean the itch has gone away. i just wanna scratch it! but, lucky for my bank account, sometimes just browsing the web is all i need to do to get my shopping fix.

here are a few items that have caught my eye lately. i want.

toms black harper cordones. love the pattern!

Screen Shot 2013 02 20 at 8 56 10 PM

logo board game. i would be so good at this!

NewImage

dolman sleeve sweater by gap. great for layering and for spring.

Screen Shot 2013 02 20 at 8 58 33 PM

rise n shine mug. the owl wakes up when you add a hot drink! awww.

Screen Shot 2013 02 20 at 9 04 18 PM

military jacket. to go with ALL these outfits from j’s post.

Screen Shot 2013 02 20 at 9 01 16 PM

polka dot skinnies.  i totally need these for work.. right…?

Screen Shot 2013 02 20 at 9 04 55 PM

ah! i love window shopping from the comfort of my own home. :)

image image

• blend retreat ticket prices increase this sunday! right now they are only $100, which is a screaming deal for what the ticket includes. we are recruiting new brands each day and there will be SO many cool companies in attendance and involved. plus, you will have a chance to hang out, eat, and exercise with tons of bloggers and blog readers. AND penny & randy! click here to register before sunday!
  • erica is running a color run for a good cause… in her WEDDING DRESS! how fun is that? to read more about this and to make a donation, check out her post!

and, because it made me laugh, here is this photo i took of the kids the other day. hahaha.. they both just look silly.

IMG 7042

check ya later!

Q~

what’s on your want list?

Kristina February 20, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Breakfast for dinner is my favorite! We’ve been plowing through eggs over here.

Current want: All things summer. I’m so ready for summer clothes!

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say Penelope had a long night :P

Lisa February 20, 2013 at 10:22 pm

That sushi place looks awesome! Yum
Oh my gosh, I’m dying over those owl mugs! Those are just the cutest things I’ve seen all day.
And I totally love those polka dot skinnies. Um, too cute!
I for sure need a pair, I’ll think of a reason to buy them I’m sure.
I think you definitely need them for work;) Seems like a good option.
I’ve had Breakfast for Dinner about 3 times this week already, oops. But, it’s just all I want when I feel sick!

Teri {a foodie stays fit} February 21, 2013 at 3:34 am

I want a new brown hobo bag in a bad way. Pinterest actually helps curb my shopping because I tell myself I can always find it on my board again and something about pinning is satisfying

Erica February 21, 2013 at 3:53 am

Those polka dot skinnies are awesome ! I want! I wish I was sleeping well. Josh has been on travel all week (comes back today) and I’ve been sleeping like poop. Randy! I’d pay $100 alone to see him ;). I wish I could come!

MizFit February 21, 2013 at 5:58 am

IM OBSESSING over the ADIDAS ARROW WEDGES.
want
covet.

Liz @ The Shrinking Owl February 21, 2013 at 6:05 am

There is some sort of free logo game app out there… I think it’s just called “Logos Quiz”.

On my want list… a new pair of athletic shoes. Oh God, I cannot believe I just said that. WHO IS THIS PERSON?

Amanda @ Romancing the Unusual February 21, 2013 at 6:50 am

I have had my eye on polka dot skinnies for awhile now! They are just too cute. My current want is sushi after reading this post! ;)

Mary February 21, 2013 at 7:27 am

i totally went and bought the owl mug on amazon haha bc who doesn’t need an owl mug where the eyes magically open???!! thank you for fueling my unneccessary shopping (as if i don’t already shop too much). sigh! :)

Momma b February 21, 2013 at 7:46 am

The kids photo totally silly!!!
You could do the polka dot skinnys for sure.
Loved the owl mug

purelytwins February 21, 2013 at 8:28 am

want sushi ;)
came across this coffee t-shirt off pinterest that we totally want!

Samantha Angela February 21, 2013 at 8:43 am

Love that jacket!
I’m loving the subtle return of the 90’s grunge/army style.

Nicole C February 21, 2013 at 9:15 am

The problem with my want list is that I got my tax return. SO they are becoming realities. I did make sure to use a big chuck of it on my credit card though, fear not. However, I have wanted a nice DSLR camera for YEARS now and although I have the money to buy one, I haven’t. I am too scared to get a basic one and want to upgrade, I need to do my research and find a screaming deal first.

Oh and I want a new microwave.

Lauren February 21, 2013 at 9:50 am

Oh wow, your BFD is making me regret the yogurt bowl I just had for breakfast. Now I’m thinking eggs for dinner sounds perfect though!
And I’ve been eating SO MUCH sushi lately. I’ve been on a kick, hard. :)
Glad to hear all of your updates hun!

Linz @ Itz Linz February 21, 2013 at 10:27 am

i want the whole lululemon store!

Annette@FitnessPerks February 21, 2013 at 11:00 am

I agree with Linz above–the whole Lulu store!! HAH.

I also want another massage. and a personal chef to come for a week. hahahahah :)

Roz@weightingfor50 February 21, 2013 at 12:12 pm

OMG…I laughed out loud. At the puppy pic, and the name “Schmoopy”.
I love blogs that make me smile. Have a great day Janetha.

Cat February 21, 2013 at 1:02 pm

lol you have want it Wednesdays, and I have want it everyday! I have a shopping addiction. Trying to turn that around now with an Ebay selling addiction. :D

sherice@foodieluvsfitness February 21, 2013 at 5:26 pm

HA.. Penny’s a butt sitter! Our dog Luka sits like that all the time and it totally cracks me up.. so we call him the butt sitter!

Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness February 21, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Ha Penny looks like a wanna be frog! I love the inside of the sushi place, fun and colorful!

betty February 22, 2013 at 8:17 am

what i want it those two dogs. hahah thats the cutest picture ever!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 23, 2013 at 12:40 am

WHAT?!?! I get to meet Penny and Randy in May?! EXCITED! :D

Love the polka dot skinny jeans. If you need them for work, I do too. ;)

Yana February 23, 2013 at 6:21 pm

After seeing it on your blog I ran to GAP today and got that sweater. And a bunch of other stuff, including two pairs of jeans that don’t fall off my butt. Those GPP workouts and the challenge left me almost without pants that fit – good thing. The sweater is made of win – so soft and comfy. Thank you for the lead!