tuesday’s entirety.

by Janetha on January 22, 2013

in meals,moves

it’s been a long time since i’ve done a whole day post! i thought today would be the perfect day to do just that. it’s been a long one, so grab a snack and let’s get started.

i was initially supposed to get up and meet kerryne and amanda at the gym for a circuit workout this morning at 6 AM… but we all decided it was too cold, we were too tired, and our beds were too cozy. hah! it happens. instead of getting up and hitting the gym, i hit my pillow for another hour before getting up for work.

i quickly got ready and blended up my breakfast. i didn’t have to pack a lunch because i planned to eat out, so i just grabbed my shake and headed out the door. as i was backing out of the garage, marshall flagged me down. he was having problems starting his truck (due to the bitter, bitter, bitter cold) so he tried to jump it using my car.

Tuesday 001

no such luck.. sadly.. but he did eventually get it started. i hit the road and was stopped dead in my tracks by a freakin’ train.

Tuesday 002

every. single. day. of. my. life. i waste so much time sitting at train crossings.. it’s stupid. at least i had my breakfast to keep me cold company. i polished off my protein shake whilst waiting for the big, bad train.

Tuesday 003

my shake this morning had a cup of almond milk, 1 scoop of plant fusion chocolate raspberry protein (new to me!), half of a banana, 2 TB ground flaxseed with blueberries (from trader joe’s), 1 TB dark cocoa powder, and a whole bunch of ice. it clocked in at 305 calories, 26g protein, 26g carbs, 13g fat, and 8g fiber. perfectly balanced!

we have been hit with a really bad case of inversion and salt lake city looks freaking gross, guys. i miss the sun!

Tuesday 005

yuck. inversion and pollution and grossness. which brings me to my next item of business…

when i got to my office, marshall called me with some alarming information. he told me that the radio said the drinking water in our town had been tainted by dry cleaning chemicals! um, excuse me? i googled it and, sure enough, tainted agua. shit.

i called our water filtration service (superior water & air for those locals who are curious) and asked them if our water was safe. they said it probably was, but to play it safe and buy bottled water. i called the city to see what the deal was, and they told me that the tainted water was all in wells that are not currently in use… so… i guess we are fine. still, it makes me worried! geeeez.

after a couple hours of working, i took a break for a small snack and some tea.

i love this bread from julian bakery! it does have a slight amount of whey in it, but luckily doesn’t bug my guts. it must be a very trivial amount.

my boss came in and i typically make him breakfast every day.. but it was already noon. so, instead, i made him a breakfast sandwich for lunch. it was a multigrain english muffin, a slice of cheddar, one egg, and two turkey sausage patties.

Tuesday 160

yes, if you work with me, i WILL cook your meals for you.

after that i darted to my lunch date at whole foods. i was pretty hungry and inhaled my salad before remembering to take a photo. whoops! it was $9 worth of greens, veggies, hard boiled egg, chicken, tempeh, and balsamic dressing. yum.

i needed something sweet afterward, so i went with a vegan peanut butter cookie and a piping hot bhakti chai almond milk latte<—so addicted to the bhakti chai. it’s spicy-sweet and stupendous!

Tuesday 161

after lunch i hit up lululemon since it’s just next door. i had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket since christmas! i also had 3 pair of wunder unders that had been in for hemming and were ready to pick up. so i bought some crops and picked up my pants. it all worked out nicely!

i headed back to my office for a couple more hours of work before calling it a day. i have a lot of random things to do in order to leave the country for a week, so i am definitely keeping busy at work. all the extra effort will definitely pay off when i am laying on the beach next week!

i headed home and changed for my workout. i was super sad to be out of my shroom tech sport pre-workout pills. ugh. we ordered more last night, so my stash should be replenished soon! instead i tried a sample of some random pre-workout powder and had a serving of grapes. my optimal health challenge nutrition assignment this week is to eat five raw fruit servings and five raw veggie servings each day. i fell short today on the fruit, but i am working on it…

IMG 4634IMG 4642

my workout today was a typical tuesday—we focus on strength and achieving personal bests! today was rowing and front squats.

IMG 4639IMG 4637IMG 4640

i am happy to say i beat my personal bests on both–i did ten consecutive front squats at 110# (previous record was 80#) and i rowed a 500m in 2:01 (previous record was 2:06.) i finished off my workout with 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill with candice. i had to get my 10,000 steps for the day!

by the time i got home it was already 8 o’clock and i couldn’t wait for dinner, so i ate a few strips of turkey and some more grapes.

IMG 4641

while snackin’ on turkey and grapes, i made dinner. it was pizza night! i started with a ball of whole foods multigrain dough then topped it with pizza sauce, baby heirloom tomatoes, roasted red bell peppers, prosciutto, and a balsamic glaze drizzle. i put cheese on marshall’s 2/3 of the pie.

pre-cooked:

IMG 4645

hot out of the oven:

IMG 4646

mmmm. it was super good! i ate three slices. it does suck to not be able to eat cheese, but this pizza was seriously awesome without it.

oh, forgot to mention that i also had CLA, ALA, an adora calcium disc, and some gummy vitamins today. yep, i am an eight year old.

it’s now past 9 PM. i am probably going to have some hot apple cider from the keurig before i hit the sack. i promised my friend, melissa, that i would go to GPP at 5:45 AM.. so i better hit the sack soon.

and that, my friends, was my whole day.

1. do you use any pre-workout supplements? which ones?

2. what goes on your dream pizza?

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy January 22, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Dang, I love that blue tank! I don’t use any pre workout supplements, but always make sure I have some protein afterward. And typically don’t workout without having eaten at least a snack in the last 90 min to 2 hrs.

Michelle January 23, 2013 at 12:02 am

Ok, how do I get a job with you? Seriously. I’m a SLC girl. Not only would it be crazy fun to work with you and the other girls there, but the food too? Dream job!

Janetha January 23, 2013 at 9:15 am

Haha it is not a bad gig! I will let you know if we are ever hiring :) Right now we are only hiring installers.. pretty sure that’s no fun haha

Julie January 23, 2013 at 12:25 am

I want what your boss had!

Erica January 23, 2013 at 2:49 am

That inversion stuff looks NUTS! Glad the water is ok after all- something similar happened here and it scared me. Um your back? Amazing. That pizza? Needs to get in my belly. Now I want to go buy more workout clothes. Happy day

Janetha January 23, 2013 at 9:14 am

<3 you

Laura @ RunningJunkie123 January 23, 2013 at 5:07 am

I don’t use any supplements. I just try to have a carb snack before hand )(banana, Odwalla Bar, etc.) and something with protein afterwards, which is usually easy because it’s lunch time! I am trying to stay away from processed/packaged things but I always crave salty, crunchy carbs after a workout. Today I have Kashi Roasted Veggie Crackers to dip in my hummus:-)

Your back muscles are legit.

Janetha January 23, 2013 at 9:14 am

Thank you!

MizFit January 23, 2013 at 5:22 am

salmon on my dream pizza and YOU AND ME hitting up lulu in my DREAMS :-)

Madison January 23, 2013 at 5:54 am

Good Tuesday, right? :) I don’t take any supplements but am considering it. As far as dream pizza: italian sausage and pepperoni, lots of cheese (including goat cheese), with thick crust and texas pete for me to dip it in. For me, it isn’t pizza without my texas pete!

Janetha January 23, 2013 at 9:14 am

That is how us Utahns are with ranch dressing. Pizza and ranch go together like PB and jelly!

Nicole January 23, 2013 at 6:06 am

Don’t worry, your not the only adult who loves gummy vitamins (I just had one myself). funny you mention pizza, we had it sunday night. and because of you, we tried (for our first time) making a cauliflower crust pizza. It was delish! We put chicken, spinach, sundried tomatoes, and sundried peppers on it!

betty January 23, 2013 at 6:31 am

guess what? i LOVE the onnit supplements! i’m almost out of new mood because its barbara and i taking it and i only got a 30 ct supply. i got 90ct of the alpha brain so i’m still good on that! when i (remember to) take them i can def tell a difference. i need someone following behind me, reminding me to take my pills :/

my dream pizza is grilled (thanks to you) with bbq, chicken, mozz, and LOTS of pineapple. i looooooove pineapple on pizza. and i actually perfer my pizza cold to hot, so i love when there are leftovers for the next day :)

Janetha January 23, 2013 at 9:13 am

YAY i am so glad you love them. they really are those type of supplements that you have to take to see how amazing they really are. and then you never go back.. haha

kendra January 23, 2013 at 6:49 am

It’s bitter cold up here in BC too, yesterday our air compressors were freezing and the wind was howling, the whole crew (me and 4 other guys)were fighting over lifting beams and pounding sledge hammers to stay warm.

I use to take BCAA’s before and during work outs now I just drink strong coffee.

sara @ fitcupcaker January 23, 2013 at 7:03 am

right now I use “white flood” preworkout but I am almost out, I need to try something new! White flood was awesome though!

Amanda E. January 23, 2013 at 7:32 am

D: Do you have a link to the article about the water? I’m not finding anything and I want to make sure we’re not effected. :/

Janetha January 23, 2013 at 9:12 am
Lauren January 23, 2013 at 8:05 am

I’ve never really done the pre-workout supplements, only because I like to stick with natural forms of energy as much as I can. But I can see why others would. I think it’s just important to do your research on whatever you take before or after a workout.
Dream pizza + goat cheese, beets, and portobello mushrooms.

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 23, 2013 at 8:06 am

Trains do suck, I agree! And seriously, this inversion?! I’m SO sick of it. Your pizza looks absolutely delicious. My dream pizza would be pizza sauce, bacon, sausage, peppers, onion, mushrooms, black olives, and lots of cheeeeese. I also love white pizzas with alfredo, all sorts of different kinds of cheese, and possibly chicken. And now I’m craving pizza…

Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 23, 2013 at 8:34 am

That pizza looks fantastic! I’ve been on the hunt for a good gluten-free pizza dough at the supermarket, but haven’t found one yet so I just make tortilla pizzas now. I’ve been wanting to try a balsamic glaze on top for awhile now, looks so good!

Maren January 23, 2013 at 9:24 am

I knew I’d forget to send you that book! When do you leave? I am going to put it in the mail today! Promise!! haha I am also going to buy those shroomTECH pre-workout supps NOW. Hope they don’t give me the shakes!

Janetha January 23, 2013 at 11:52 am

DUDE.. no worries on the book.. what was it again? I will buy it for my iPad. And, you are in luck, the cool part about the shrooms is there are ZERO side effects. No jitters, shakes, nada, zilch. Pretty rad. If you do order, click through my link on my page and use “ROGAN” to get 10% off :)

Maren January 23, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I already sent it before I read this! ha. but I’m not even sure it will get there before you leave! dangit. Anyway, I tried ordering the shrooms and it would not let me make a login! It was weird, so I gave up and spent the $25 donating to Susan instead! But I’m glad I didn’t since you have a discount code. And even more glad they aren’t going to give me the shakes!

Janetha January 23, 2013 at 12:52 pm

You are the bees knees. Love you.

Annette@FitnessPerks January 23, 2013 at 10:13 am

We had pizza the other night–I LOVE that stuff. I think I could eat it every day?? I make it with my homemade w.w. crust recipe (so easy), and with cheese, bell peppers, turkey sausage, spinach, tomato sauce, spices, and more cheese. And that is what I would always want on a pizza! Chicken/pesto is pretty great combo too.

NICE job on the PRs!! You’re strong, girl.

And I use fitmixer aminos for pre-workout. Works like a charm!

Tori January 23, 2013 at 10:18 am

I just started rowing at my gym and man.. I was not expecting such a good workout! I’m impressed you can do 500m in 2 minutes! go girl:)

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige January 23, 2013 at 10:32 am

Can I come work with you? will work for breakfast :-P
Pre workout for me is just aminos, if anything.

Stacey January 23, 2013 at 11:21 am

We were in SLC Thurs-Mon for skiing. The inversion sucked in town, but up in the mountains it didn’t seem to matter! Sun all day with no wind at Solitude, Alta, etc. Beautiful weather!
We also ate at a few places you posted on here – We always eat local while traveling and I trust your suggestions. They were great as always!

Emily @ www.main-eats.com January 23, 2013 at 11:39 am

SCARY about your water! Your pizza looks so incredibly amazing!!! I don’t know how you do it…

Cassie @RedLetterDaye January 23, 2013 at 12:47 pm

All of your eats look amazing! There’s a slew of pizza shops in my area called, “I Love NY,’ that are like Ray’s in NYC, where there’s one “real” one, or so I like to think. The best one is in Troy, NY, and they serve a Shrimp Alfredo pizza that is to die for. That, or any homemade grilled pizza I’ve had are above and beyond what pizza should be.

Janetha January 23, 2013 at 12:52 pm

mmmm sounds amaze!

Nicole {spinsushi} January 23, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Your pizza looks so yummy! I love balsamic glaze:) I used no-explode before my workout.

Janetha January 23, 2013 at 1:13 pm

I used to use that but found that the creatine gave me back-ne :( I do love the pump it gives you, tho!

Lindsay January 23, 2013 at 1:08 pm

That pizza looked dreamy :) I load mine with veggies – anything that’s not spicy!

momma b. January 23, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I just love reading all about your life! Even talking to you daily I still learn things here on this ever lovin blog!!

I’m waiting or my schrooms to arrive can’t wait to try them, it’s good to get good references from reliable folks :-)

Your back looks INCREDIBLE!!!

I love you!
xo

Nicole C January 23, 2013 at 2:14 pm

No supplements for this girl, I can’t even get eating correctly down so I try not to mix things up ;)

Pizza, I am so boring but I like cheese. Lots of cheese. If I didn’t have anything for the top that would be a okay with me. I’m an eating failure haha!

Linz @ Itz Linz January 23, 2013 at 4:26 pm

i love pizza loaded with veggies. mushrooms are a must. occasionally pineapple (my hubs turned me on to it). and i literally just ordered some of that plant fusion chocolate raspberry – that’s one of my favorite flavor combos so i’m really excited to try it! thanks to amazon for making it so dang easy to order online! haha

sherice@foodieluvsfitness January 23, 2013 at 5:14 pm

OH I need to try some Balsamic glaze on my pizza! GENIUS!!

sherice@foodieluvsfitness January 23, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I tried the Plant Fusion Vanilla and it tasted like chalk. I had to return it. Is the Choc/Rasp any good?

Janetha January 23, 2013 at 7:27 pm

ohhh bummer. i don’t think it tastes chalky at all! but if you don’t like the texture of the vanilla, you wouldn’t like the other flavors, either.

broccolihut January 23, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Balsamic drizzle on pizza sounds fantastic!!!

Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 23, 2013 at 10:18 pm

whoaaa contaminated water is something that we definitely don’t hear much about in the states huh?! Glad that you found out early on, at least to keep yourself out of harm’s way for now~And is the raspberry plant fusion really good? How would you compare it to the vanilla one? :) And I gotta try that chai latte, it sounds really interesting!

marisa January 23, 2013 at 11:25 pm

You do realize that if you visit me, we could go to the actual Julian Bakery?? I was up in Julian last Friday! I think the store is in La Jolla now. Get those pups and Marshall in a car and escape the inversion and we will go to dog beach and eat bread. Let me know when you are on your way. Love you!

Janetha January 24, 2013 at 11:12 am

OH that would be so fun!!