last chance survey & the breakfast club.

by Janetha on November 2, 2012

in meals,questions answered

happy friday!

two things on this post’s agenda: a survey and a recap of this week’s breakfasts we made at the office. enjoy!

stole it from ashley!

1. Last food you ate?

i had a bowl of cereal with a protein shake for the milk. yep, that was dinner. the shake was 1 cup almond milk, 1 scoop plant fusion vanilla bean protein powder, 1/2 scoop hemp force chocolate protein powder, and 2 TB almond butter blended with some ice. easy.

IMG 2669

yep, my counter is messy. and, for the record, cascadian farm purely Os have NO added sugar! goes right along with my turkey day challenge.

2. Last beverage you drank?

not counting that cereal “milk”? hmmm.. that would have been water. although i am about to go have a trilogy kombucha. love that stuff.

NewImage

3. Last workout?

i just did “sketch” at GPP. not counting the warm up, it only took me 8:57… i feel like that is WAY too short for a workout, right? but i don’t question the programming.. i just show up and do the workout. and if it takes less than ten minutes, so be it.  it was a fun workout. i love deadlifts.

4. Last thing you pinned?

well, let’s go see!

Screen Shot 2012 11 02 at 8 03 08 PM

looks like it was brittany’s pancake recipe from today!

5. Last text message you sent?

haha.. yeah.. my friends and i have a 6-way text chat going on at all times. nikki took a photo of her cookie dough she was eating, and i sent back a shot of my cereal.

IMG 2670

yeah, that says “ficking”. it’s a word around here.

6. Last blog you visited?

hmmm had to think hard about that one. i haven’t done a lot of blog reading today. or lately. in fact, my google reader is up over 600 right now. yikes!

but i believe the last blog i visited was jess’s, truly.into.fitness.  love her!!

Screen Shot 2012 11 02 at 8 10 40 PM

7. Last tweet you sent?

i don’t tweet a lot. here it is, along with the convo it was in reply to.

Screen Shot 2012 11 02 at 8 12 01 PM

YES, i am notorious for hating folding laundry..hahaha.

8. Last place you visited?

i went to GPP and then to smith’s (grocery store) on my way home to get the following: cheddar cheese, cereal, apples, kale, red cabbage, and bananas. random.. but marshall wanted a grilled cheese for dinner and i wanted cereal. we also needed some veggies and fruit for our juice tomorrow morning!

9. Last time you did ab work?

OH MY GOSH, you guys. my obliques are SO sore from wednesday’s ab workout. killing me. the “A” in the BAT medley. yikes.

10. Last show you watched?

the jazz game is on right now.. is that a show? no? well then it would have been the family feud last night. my evening ritual.. we love the family feud in our house. it was with steve harvey.. he is funny, but not as amazingly dreamy as the OG richard dawson!

NewImage

11. Last thing you baked?

mini banana muffins! no sugar added and they were SO flipping good. i used a recipe from kerryne with a couple changes:

• 1.5 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 c applesauce
  • 1 egg
  • 2 TB agave
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 mashed bananas
combine dry ingredients first, then add wet ingredients. fold in bananas. bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. makes 3 dozen mini muffins!

12. What is the last thing you Instagrammed?

these two goons:

Screen Shot 2012 11 02 at 8 22 44 PM

13. Last item on your to-do list today?

to do list.. it’s friday! i don’t have one! haha. but i suppose it would be to wash my face using the oil cleansing method and then hitting the hay. but first, i will be going to meet my friend michelle’s new puppy! that is where i am heading in a minute!

this week’s breakfasts were an even balance of sweet and savory. excuse the iPhone pics again.. i need to start bringing my camera to work.

monday: raspberry cream cheese stuffed french toast.

IMG 2596

probably my favorite one all week!

IMG 2597

tuesday: individual egg crust pizzas.

yes.. that is right. pizza with an egg crust. i had leftover pizza sauce and toppings, so i made it into a breakfast thang. we simply whisked two eggs (for each person) and cooked them in a frying pan so they resembled a pizza crust. then we topped them with pizza sauce, pepperoni, peppers, and onions. they were finished off with some cheese (a mix of mozzarella, smoked mozzarella, and feta) then popped it under the broiler until melty. so random, but SO good!

IMG 2605

wednesday: halloween luncheon so we took the day off (i just had an almond chocolate protein shake.)

thursday: eggs on toast with creamy spinach mushroom sauce. with an unattractive dollop of spicy avocado hummus.

IMG 2655

friday: protein pancakes.

IMG 2666

we made the pancakes using protein powder and kodiak cakes boxed pancake mix. easy peasy.

i am loving these group breakfasts! can’t wait to make more delicious food next week.

1. last thing you baked?

2. last blog you visited, before mine?

3. breakfast time! sweet or savory—what’s your pick?

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 2, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I can’t even remember the last thing I baked…cupcakes for Thanksgiving? Almost a month ago? Definitely need to fix that.

I always want a sweet breakfast – so good!

Jamie November 2, 2012 at 10:17 pm

The stuffed French Toast looks so fun! I love your site. It’s cute and adorable and fun–like you!

Kerryne November 2, 2012 at 10:19 pm

What in the heck am I supposed to do about breakfast all weekend?

Seriously, love, LOVE our breakfast club.

I think the stuffed French toast was my fav too, yum!

Erica November 3, 2012 at 4:55 am

Those individual egg pizzas sound great! I need to try that. And cereal with a protein shake was my dinner earlier this week ;). Sometimes when I teach late and get home and am trying to entertain/feed/get baby ready for bed…cooking does not happen.

1. last thing you baked? Butternut squash muffins last night!

2. last blog you visited, before mine?Mile 26 and More

3. breakfast time! sweet or savory—what’s your pick? owwww I alternate. I can’t pick

kim@hungryhealthygirl November 3, 2012 at 5:18 am

I love this survey! I was just about to post mine! Your blog is the first I’ve visited today, but last night; the last one that I visited was Detoxinista. That egg pizza looks so good and what a great idea! I say that, but I’d actually choose a sweet breakfast over savory anyday.

Khushboo November 3, 2012 at 5:27 am

I wanna come work in your office- Breakfast Club looks so fun & yum! I am sweet for breakfast but savory for brinner (breakfast fo dinner)!

Emily @ www.main-eats.com November 3, 2012 at 6:29 am

Ha ha cute survey! I was just on Chocolate Covered Katie’s blog and I LOVE sweets for breakfast….

Kendra November 3, 2012 at 7:21 am

1) Vegan peach pie for my boyfriend

2) Discerning Brute

3) I use to be savory but the banana in my oatmeal is defiantly sweet

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 3, 2012 at 7:53 am

Wow, that raspberry cream cheese french toast looks SO good! I haven’t baked in awhile… That may need to change today. ;) Last blog I visited was The Hungry Runner Girl. And I’m all about more of a sweet breakfast!

Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear November 3, 2012 at 10:18 am

oh my god. I’m totally going to start using “ficking”. How did I not think of this before?!?!!? genius.

Meggi November 3, 2012 at 11:57 am

This post made me hungry!

Last baked item: avocado fries with garlic aioli … Thank you Pinterest :)

Last blog: my friend Tyler’s over at arkansassyblog.com

And savory! Always :)

Lisa November 3, 2012 at 2:03 pm

That french toast looks SO good! I haven’t had any in far too long! I baked some pumpkin bars, which were pretty dang good. Last blog I visited was Paige’s. I’m definitely a sweet breakfast eater, I can’t even remember the last time I had a savory breakfast.

Cheri Z November 3, 2012 at 2:28 pm

1. Last thing I baked was cornbread.
2. Last blog I visited was Danica’s Daily.
3. Breakfast – totally savory! I can’t face sweet before 11 am!

The dogs were totally cute. We tried dressing our American Eskimo puppy up for a contest at Petco back in the day. The daughter was SO excited, until he barfed all over her. That was the day we discovered he was a stress barfer, and it was the end of his budding career as a pup about town.

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva November 3, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Last thing I baked was these sweet potato brownies http://the-healthy-diva.com/2012/10/25/sweet-potato-cinnamon-brownies-gluten-dairy-free/

They really rocked my socks! Hopefully more baking adventures soon.
Last blog I visited before yours was Averie Cooks :)
And breakfast choice is a tough one….I like both sweet and savoury! I tend to alternate between the two. Favourite savoury option is spinach omelette, and favourite sweet option is protein oatmeal with chopped nuts.
All your breakfast club eats look so good though…I would take any one of them…but I have to say the ‘pizza’ looks particularly delicious!

Maren November 3, 2012 at 5:02 pm

okay I did the BAT medley last night and OH MY GOSH

Maren November 3, 2012 at 5:03 pm

okay I did the BAT medley last night and OH MY GOSH I can’t even straighten my arms by biceps are so sore! haha my abs aren’t too bad…maybe they will be worse tomorrow? Anyway, that was a killer workout! Have a great weekend! xo

Lauren November 3, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I am sort of in love with the idea of a breakfast club. :)
Happy weekend love!

julie November 3, 2012 at 7:55 pm

i always love your halloween shinanigans they’re so much fun – especially your costumed workout! hah also those pancakes are probably my breakfast tomorrow – except i don’t have blueberries WAHHHH

RainStorm November 4, 2012 at 2:13 pm

1) Fairy cakes! Both vanilla and chocked flavour. And my OH iced then expertly :)

2) Rock’n’roll Bride – I’m not weddin planning, but I’ve followed this blog ever since my sister got married. My blog reader has nearly 200 unread posts on it, but I can’t quite face tackling them…

3) Any! Normally I have porridge (unsweetened) with added sultanas and/or tinned fruit. But I also like lots of other breakfasts!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 4, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I like this survey (seeing it EVERYWHERE and about to steal it from you, girlfriend), and that french toast. HI, HELLO, YUM.

get it.