easter 2012.

by Janetha on April 8, 2012

in family time

IMG 0445IMG 0450IMG 0451IMG 0425IMG 0426IMG 0440IMG 0452IMG 0458IMG 0446IMG 0453IMG 0464IMG 0468IMG 0473IMG 0470IMG 0480IMG 0483IMG 0476IMG 0498IMG 0506IMG 0507IMG 0503IMG 0427IMG 0434IMG 0439IMG 0527IMG 0522IMG 0563IMG 0575IMG 0539IMG 0534IMG 0547IMG 0549

hope yours was just as sweet as ours!

Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl April 8, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I definitely enjoyed the downtime w family this weekend. And i founf the perfect babycakes donut maker recipe.

Your cake looks great. Looks like a great time. I see you got some great weather, too!

Sierra April 9, 2012 at 1:27 am

Where is the plate licking? I thought that was the new tradition?

Fox Peterson April 9, 2012 at 3:45 am

Wow, that cake looks great!

Cecilia April 9, 2012 at 4:25 am

Aw! I loved this! You have such a beautiful family!

Asuma April 9, 2012 at 4:33 am

I can’t remember his name, but I just realised that the boy in the orange polo shirt with white stripes looks a lot like you, Janetha! Sorry if it’s a comment you get from lots of others :P Especially in the photo where he’s sort of looking down at the orange egg in his hand, with a blue basket :D

Lauren April 9, 2012 at 4:49 am

Looks like the perfect Easter! Carrot cake and all! :)

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 9, 2012 at 5:24 am

It looks like you had a great time with your family! :) That carrot cake looks amazing!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices April 9, 2012 at 5:33 am

Happy Easter! all the food looks amazing!

Gillian April 9, 2012 at 6:06 am

You look beautiful as always Janetha, happy Easter to you and your family! xo

Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl April 9, 2012 at 6:33 am

Looks like you had an amazing time with the fam! Love all the pics! <3

Emily N April 9, 2012 at 6:35 am

Wow! Looks like you had a wonderful easter! I hope everything was as great as it looks.

Jess @ Truly.Into.Fitness April 9, 2012 at 7:04 am

Don’t know why but you post made me hungry all of a sudden;) looks like a BEAUTIFUL family!

Jennie April 9, 2012 at 7:39 am

Did you mom make those rolls? I want the recipe. They’re huge! :)

Stacey April 9, 2012 at 8:11 am

You have no idea how jealous I am of your family eating such great yummy, clean food with you! My family is better about it and most of them will happily eat up my recipes, but my husband’s family is more old school. This past weekend we had mashed potatoes with tons of half/half and multiple sticks of butter AND they didn’t even taste good (hello, seasoning). None of the additions were necessary and they didn’t even do the potatoes one bit of good. Frustrating! Oh well, I just keep telling myself one meal a few times a year will not kill me… I just hate feeling so heavy and unsatisfied afterwards!

Denise April 9, 2012 at 8:27 am

I followed your link from the other day and made the same carrot cake. Into cupcakes. OMG! I was the queen of easter with that dessert!!!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile April 9, 2012 at 8:27 am

Everything looks amazing and all your pictures are gorgeous! Hope you had a wonderful Easter :D

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats April 9, 2012 at 9:04 am

Looks like a perfect day! :) Hope it was!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning April 9, 2012 at 9:07 am

Love the photos! And homemade peanut butter eggs!

Alaina April 9, 2012 at 9:08 am

I love the Three Stooges!! :-)

Looks like you had a fantastic holiday weekend!

Ashley @ Freckles & Spice April 9, 2012 at 9:10 am

I surprisingly did not have any candy yesterday! I am a little bit sad about this. First year without a basket :(
I love those plastic eggs with the hearts on them. And did you make that carrot cake?? It is one of my all time favorites! Definitely says spring/easter.

Nicole April 9, 2012 at 11:00 am

Too cute and too much fun for words….maybe that’s why you didn’t write any. I LOVED this post!! :)

Abbey April 9, 2012 at 11:00 am

Everything looks delicious! Are those chocolate covered Katie’s Reese’s recipe?! They look so good!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List April 9, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I want to come over!

Meg April 9, 2012 at 12:53 pm

cutest salt and pepper shakers ever! Oh my goodness! :) Totally made my day!

Love u girl

Deb April 9, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Love the whole photo recap. Luv u guys!

Lisa April 9, 2012 at 1:07 pm

You look gorgeous! That carrot cake looks so good! All you food looks amazing, hope you and your family had an amazing Easter!

meggi April 9, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I love the photo recap! :) Looks like a wonderful Easter!

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 9, 2012 at 2:08 pm

you are just so beautiful my sweet friend :)

Melissa April 9, 2012 at 2:50 pm

YUM!

Wow, i’m a little embarrassed how my plate looks compared to yours, lol! I will say though, that under my mass was salad and mine was mostly grilled veggies. So maybe I am not quite the pig my plate looks like!

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola April 9, 2012 at 2:53 pm

These pictures all look amazing!! Sounds like you had such a wonderful Easter with your family!! How fun that you have so many little kids in the family too- they always make holidays even more fun! And that carrot cake looks FANTASTIC!

glidingcalm April 9, 2012 at 2:59 pm

this looks like the perfect day!! your family is so sweet! and that carrot cake! HOLY MOLY. send me a leftover piece! (ALL OF the carrot cakes on your blog have always looked phenomenal!)

have a great week, J!
hugs,
GC

Laura @ Joyful Shimmy April 9, 2012 at 3:39 pm

The cake, the food, the sweets they all look so delicious! My mouth is watering. OH and the easter basket- I miss having those…

I ended up filming a cooking video yesterday for easter which I am excited once its up next month. Its for this cool website that goes to NY homes and film one minute cooking recipes http://www.cookingminute.com It was so much fun!

Kaitlyn April 9, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Looks like you had a fabulous Easter with the fam. Don’t kids just bring a whole new fresh perspective to holidays! My 2 year old niece loved the egg hunt. Your carrot cake looks delicious.

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva April 9, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Love seeing all your pics! Mine was just as splendid. Had a nice quiet one with the family and made super yummy dinner then shared an array of desserts including some fabulous snicker-doodles I made that afternoon!

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy April 9, 2012 at 4:33 pm

you are so lucky I’m not close by because I can pretty much guarantee that I would try and steal those chick salt & pepper shakers.

Karen April 9, 2012 at 6:55 pm

It looks like you had a great day! Happy Easter!

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition April 9, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I miss having children in my family! The youngest is 21 now……my generation need to get on it lol : )

xo

Momma b April 10, 2012 at 8:05 am

It was a perfect day!! Just missing the Bills and Dougie.
Your cake was the best part of the meal…hands down :)

xo

Brandi April 10, 2012 at 9:50 am

What a great Easter! Love the reese’s easter eggs….Oh my goodness!

jessiker April 10, 2012 at 11:49 am

I love this! How many families do you think have ham and cheesy potatoes on Easter? I had it 3 times on Sunday. No complaints.
Love the homemade treats. I’m still eating Easter candy. Curses. Oh well, such as life. Still diabetes free.
Um, homemade carrot cake? Can we have that soon together?

Alysa (InspiredRD) April 10, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Love your Easter pics! What are the chocolate covered peanut butter things? YUMMMMMMM

elise April 11, 2012 at 12:20 pm

2 Qs:
playboy golf balls???
cake induced coma/sugar detox?

Janetha April 11, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Haha no just regular golf balls.. and I was smart and only ate a little bit of cake. GOOD FOR ME.