happy new year.

by Janetha on January 1, 2012

in fun with friends

hello and welcome to 2012.

last night was fun!

we went to josh & geri’s place for a party. they were great hosts!

IMG 8934

this was my first time visiting their house, and i was really excited to finally meet their cats. they have three gorgeous hairless cats.. two sphinx, peach and rocky. (peach was camera shy.)

IMG 8924

and one new five month old sphinx mix (can’t remember what he’s mixed with) named wicket.

IMG 8982

i have never seen a cat that will sit on command for a reward of lunch meat. it was awesome!

IMG 8932IMG 8933

they also have two sweet dogs-oscar and kubrick. kubrick was camera shy.

IMG 8936

not a lot to say about the evening.. so i will let the photos do the talking.

stevie + nick.

wide mouth bass mug.

IMG 8947

animal obsessed.

IMG 8953

IMG 9007IMG 8928

IMG 8942IMG 8946

a different kind of shotgun.. full of tequila.

IMG 8937

really, really gross tequila.

IMG 9005

IMG 9006

IMG 9000

thanks to josh & geri for having us! we had a great time.

my first meal of 2012 was an open-faced breakfast sandwich and black coffee.

IMG 9017

it was a slice of toast, a slice of ham, melted colby jack cheese, and an over easy egg. i am slowly but surely perfecting my over easy skills.

IMG 9019

now we are watching the packers game and having a mellow january 1st. i’ve got pork in the crock pot for carnitas tacos later tonight and we are thinking about seeing a movie since we have the day off tomorrow. geez, it’s going to be hard to get back into the swing of a regular work schedule now that the holidays are over!

hope you all had a great time ringing in the new year!

Katie January 1, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Friends, and puppies, and kitties! It doesn’t get much better than that. Happy New Year, my love!

lynn @ the actor's diet January 1, 2012 at 1:10 pm

i swear, your party pix always look like so much fun! happy new year!

Erica January 1, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Looks like a great night girl! Love your hair curly (how many times can I say this ;)). Hairless cats feel SO cool!

Meg January 1, 2012 at 1:25 pm

What’s your recipe for pork carnitas? I’ve been trying to find a good one for so long!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon January 1, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Champagne flip cup. Love it. Really adds some class to the game!!

Dusty January 1, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Looks like y’all had a great time. Happy New Year!!

Abby January 1, 2012 at 1:42 pm

1) I would rather drink rancid almond milk than Tequila.
2) That cat is a wee bit scary, but totally Mr. Bigglesoworth-ish, so I am charmed.
3) I am also watching the game, but with my mom and a nun. The nun keeps calling the Packers “The Cheese Factory” and asking why the “Silver Pants” don’t try and catch the ball.
Exactly.

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 1, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Happy New year!! :)

Sana January 1, 2012 at 2:09 pm

:) I kinda like hairless cats, they are quirky.

The Delicate Place January 1, 2012 at 2:12 pm

those cats are crazy! i’ve been a lazy piece o’ for pretty much the whole day so far ha. i’m really milking the last bits of holiday before we go back to the grind! i have to pop into work tomorrow to feed some nerve cells but then can leave right after since my company has a holiday. bonus because i get to take tuesday as my holiday wheee! told you i’m milking this holiday thing out for all it’s worth! i’m in such a good mood, i’m watching star wars marathon with nate. what a good wife i am! i’m coming over…carnitas are one of my faves!

dana @ my little celebration January 1, 2012 at 2:14 pm

You guys have the best friends! AND you go to the most awesome parties. Slightly jealous.

Last year John and I stayed in, drank wine and ate sushi, and then rang in the new year with a virtual toast with our friends Jamin and Lisa who live 2 hours away from us. It was kind of a blast!

Emily January 1, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Champagne flip cup? Intense. Sounds like there are definitely potential headaches resulting from that game! :) Looks like you guys had a great evening!

Betty January 1, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Happy new year!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 1, 2012 at 2:23 pm

i love your coffee mug you used this morning!! i can relate all too well with it. ;) happy new year!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List January 1, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Looks like a fun time with lots of tattoed people (I’m thinking I need one)!! Here’s to an awesome 2012, friend!

meg January 1, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Looks like a great end to 2011! I love hairless cats but alas, I have a major allergy to them! Glad yall had fun! Happy New Years!

glidingcalm January 1, 2012 at 2:57 pm

happy new year, Janetha!! that party look so fun! and what cool petS!

Susan January 1, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Happy new year, Janetha!

Kathy January 1, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Looks like you all had a good time. I don’t like Tequila either. Happy New Year Everyone!

alex January 1, 2012 at 4:46 pm

happy new year! will you be posting your carnitas recipe? pretty please!

kelsey January 1, 2012 at 4:53 pm

did the hairless cats have dog personalities?

Janetha January 1, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Heather (Where's the Beach) January 1, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Spending NYE with family and friends is perfect. I hope you have a wonderful year!

Emma @ The Hearty Heart January 1, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Hairless cats? I think I have suddenly found cats to be cool. LOl. Fun post!

Barbara January 1, 2012 at 5:40 pm

That first picture of your best friend (Kristen) holding the cat is beautiful. She looks so pretty; I LOVE her eye makeup in it! Any idea what eyeshadow she’s wearing? Great post! Looks like you all had a fantastic time! HAPPY 2012 Janetha!
Barbara

Janetha January 1, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I will ask her!

Pure2raw twins January 1, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Happy New Year!! Looked like a blast :) wishing you all the best in 2012

stephanie January 1, 2012 at 6:55 pm

glad you had fun! we almost played champagne pong last night

marie January 1, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Happy New Year, and thanks for sharing those awesome pix!!

Could Wicket maybe be part American Curl? His ears certainly make it seem possible. He and the other pets are cuties!

Also, I’ve been meaning to comment about Randy’s recent, um, high spirits vis-a-vis getting into/eating things. FWIW, I’ve noticed that my kittehs become more defiant as they get older. It’s as if they realize that I’m not really going to do anything bad to them if they break the rules. For example, I can yell at my 15-year-old cat to get off the counter ’til I’m blue in the face, but he won’t move ’til I’m within swatting distance. Even then, he seems to have an attitude of “I’m doing this because I want to, not because you’re telling me to.” My friend reports similar behavior from her geriatric collie, who knows how to operate the bottled water dispenser. Could a similar attitude explain Randy’s recent hijinks?

Janetha January 4, 2012 at 2:21 pm

YES. that is what he was half of! His mom.

Eden January 1, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Sounds like fun! I sat at home and watched some old steven speilberg movie. I’m SO exciting!!!!!!

And I was just telling my dad that I want to borrow his crock pot. Great minds think alike.

Love you!
PS got your card the other day! I farted in it too!

melissanibbles January 2, 2012 at 5:54 am

That looks like such a fun party. Your friends seem very similar to mine. I want that cat!

Jeralyn January 2, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I think you would look hot in the blue!

Christin@purplebirdblog January 2, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Alex and I rolled in the new year like 80 year olds on the couch with the pups… I loved every boring second, especially since I had cramps like a mother@#$%^&. Those cats rock. And seriously… I am dragging mega ass at work today after three day weekend awesomeness two weeks in a row. Happy new year, sweet Janetha! xo

Cassy January 3, 2012 at 2:18 pm

that mug is perfect.
my life is covered in dog fur.