thanksgiving plans.

by Janetha on November 23, 2011

in eating out,random rambles

yo.

thanks for all the well wishes on my lumpy boob. i went to the hospital this morning to have it checked out. they said that it’s nothing to worry about. i will keep getting weird lumps in my left boob, i will keep getting them checked, and they will keep saying it’s nothing. thank goodness for insurance!

i had a fasting lipid panel taken immediately after my radiology appointment. apparently i have a fatty liver, so my GI wants to check my lipids and, umm, go from there? to be honest, i am not sure why i have a fatty liver nor what is done about it.. but that’s why i pay a doctor to help me out.

because i had to fast before my bloodwork and i went straight to work from the hospital, i grabbed some breakfast on my way into the office.

photo

i had starbucks oatmeal and an americano with steamed soy.

guess what? i don’t like starbucks. it’s so overrated! i will go when it’s convenient (like at the airport) or if it is the only option.. but honestly, i really just don’t like starbucks. i hate their drip coffee (it’s bitter to me) and always have to order an americano because their espresso is tolerable when paired with an inch of steamed soy milk. side note: today is national espresso day!

i would much rather brew my own coffee at home—it’s cheaper and tastier (and i have almond milk in my fridge.) if i am buying a cup of coffee, i will most definitely not buy it from starbucks. however, i had a gift card and there is a starbucks on my way to work (let’s face it—there is a starbucks on the way to everywhere!) so i stopped there. a girl needs her coffee and a girl needs to eat.

this was the second time i had starbucks “perfect” oatmeal. i will tell you.. it is far from perfect. i sprinkled in some of the brown sugar and the dried fruit that comes with it. i kept thinking “meh” the whole time i ate it. it just didn’t do it for me. that’s another thing i would rather make at home. oatmeal. i can make it cheaper and tastier. (and packed with protein.)

i should have just taken marshall’s advice this morning…

photo

…jamba juice has the most delicious steel cut oatmeal! too bad there wasn’t a jamba on my way to work.

and that, my friends, was the longest, most meaningless ramble ever! sorry for taking those 2 minutes from your life. you will never get them back. tough luck.

moving on…

so, uh, thanksgiving is tomorrow. tomorrow! how did that happen? where did november go? or october, for that matter. heck, this whole year seems to be a blur now that i think about it.

you may have noticed that i haven’t been posting about thanksgiving at all this year. usually i blog about unique recipes i want to try out or ideas of how to use leftovers.. but this year? nada. there is a reason for that.

we are going to marshall’s stepmom’s parents’ house for thanksgiving this year. (did you follow that?) i am excited to celebrate the holiday with them and to eat a new-to-me thanksgiving meal.  we really don’t spend enough time with marshall’s side of the family.. mainly because we are too lazy to drive out to their house. i know, it’s a poor excuse, but at least i am honest!

i got to thinking about it, and aside from the year i lived in london when i was 19, i have eaten thanksgiving dinner with my parents every single year!  when i told momma b that we wouldn’t be joining them for thanksgiving this year, i think i may have broken her sweet little heart just a bit.. but she also definitely understood and thinks it’s fantastic that we are going to hang with marshall’s fam.  i made her a promise that i’d head up to her casa tomorrow night for leftovers—namely stuffing (my favorite)–and a few rousing rounds of boggle (our favorite.)

so, tomorrow our plans are to sleep in (hell yes, four day weekend!) and then i am going to try my hand at huevos rancheros. marshall specifically requested this as our thanksgiving morning meal.

photo

dangit. he never wants waffles. lucky for him, i love huevos rancheros and have always wanted to try making an authentic version.. so tomorrow that’s what will go down.

after breakfast (or while we eat breakfast.. assuming we sleep ‘til 10) we are going to watch the packers play the lions.

oh, i mean we are going to watch the packers beat the lions. yep.

and then it is off to herriman around 2 o’clock for thanksgiving dinner!

doesn’t it seem like most people have their thanksgiving dinners around 2 o’clock? why don’t they call it thanksgiving lunch?

this post is ridiculous. i am surprised if you are still reading.

anyway, i’m not making anything for thanksgiving lunch dinner, but my MIL did ask me to bring a dessert… so obviously i immediately turned to jessica’s blog. she is my GO TO for dessert recipes. tonight i am going to make her pumpkin pie fudge brownie bars and her bourbon pecan pie brownies.. because who can decide between the two?! and who should have to??

not me. so i am making both.

and i am about to head out and brave the grocery store on the evening before thanksgiving. crazy me.

i am also going to head to the gym to work my chest for the first time in over two weeks! i’m excited. i will be doing day 45 of the live fit trainer.

like i said, i have a four day weekend… so you can bet i will be back later with more equally as entertaining rambles and for sure a gift spotlight and giveaway. get excited.

again.. sorry for stealing these minutes from your life with this random rambling post.

i love you all.

happy thanksgiving!

1. where will you be celebrating thanksgiving this year? (sorry non-USA people.)

2. what’s your favorite thanksgiving dish? i freaking love stuffing. and no, i have never called it “dressing”.. dressing is something you put on your salad.

bonus Q because i am curious: what time are you eating thanksgiving “dinner”?

Meagan November 23, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Fatty liver is most commonly from alcohol but can also be due to many many other things. People with metabolic syndrome (diabetes, hypertension & obesity) get it. There’s also viruses, medications, and random genetic disorders that can cause it. More recent research has shown that high fructose corn syrup causes it as well – hence why lots of kids have it nowadays. Good news is that it’s usually completely reversible. Hope you figure it out soon!

Janetha November 23, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Yeah.. we speculated a few things at my appointment but really it’s hard to tell without more info.. hopefully the tests I had today will help solve it!

Shanti Mattie November 25, 2011 at 8:34 am

A Starbucks tip;
Always have them prepare your Oatmeal with (soy?)milk steamed extra hot(175-180 degrees) rather than water. Make sure that they put enough in so that it’s not too thick or too dry. Also, make sure that they stir it, not just swirl the bowl. Let it “cook” in the bowl for at least two minutes before opening and adding your toppings.
It should be much less “meh” that way.

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy November 23, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I just tweeted my confusion about the word “dressing” last night. Wtf is that? I assume it’s like how some Italians call spaghetti sauce “gravy”. Either way, stuffing is f-ing delicious. And Starbucks is wack. Dunkin Donuts coffee all the way.

Amy Ramos November 23, 2011 at 4:41 pm

OMG!! I think we had the same moment today. Our coffeemaker broke and I had no choice but go to Starbucks. Meh. Their tall nonfat latte blows. I love making coffee at home b/c I can add what I want (like my almond milk and some sucant)
and no wonder the oatmeal sux…I always thought Starbucks had steel cut. I was wrong. Way wrong.
Any whoo-
I am sorry but I hope the Packers lose b/c The niners (my team!) need to be #1. They happen to be playing tomorrow afternoon. However, I love watching football (thanks dad for teaching me the love of sports!) so it is going to be a good game regardless. ! YAY for all day football.
1. where will you be celebrating thanksgiving this year? we are hosting in our new home!!

2. what’s your favorite thanksgiving dish? Uh, everything?? I have to say stuffing too!

We are having dinner at 1 pm to accommodate said football game later in the day.
Happy Gobble Gobble Day!

momma b. November 23, 2011 at 4:44 pm

I for one LOVE this post – you had me laughing and crying!! You guys will be missed tomorrow more than you may ever know :)

There will be left overs and I will start warming up the boggle game – I must be nuts!

1. I will be here at my humble home eating my stellar Thanksgiving feast with only 2 others………

2. Stuffing, stuffing and MORE stuffing……the turkey is just a vehicle for making scrumptious stuffing haha! (well I do like turkey sandwiches smothered in best foods mayo, baby banquet dill pickles and bread – that would be a close second)

Bonus question: we’ll be eating our “dinner” at 1:00 pm ish…….great point – never in my entire life have I eaten it any later than maybe 3-4 when we were waiting on you and/or Doug to get home from snowboarding!

Love you just too much xoxo!!!

Justine November 23, 2011 at 4:44 pm

I like the ‘all the time’ food my family would serve at Thanksgiving – mashed potatos, mac and cheese, ROLLS…This year I am being a displaced orphan and staying 500 miles away from anyone I’m related to, so the plan is to make enchiladas around lunchtime tomorrow and serve them for the three or so meals that follow.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 23, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Girl you have had the worst luck lately!!

The lazy intestines and the whole colonscopy stuff you went thru.
The lumpy boob
There was something else right around the time of the GI stuff, about 4-6 weeks ago too that I cant recall.
And now you have this liver stuff.

Yes “thank goodness for insurance!” <– you have no idea what I'd give to have it. Thank god you do!!!

And I wish you nothing but the best with getting to the bottom of it all. If I had a crystal ball, I always wonder if my health stuff, or anyone's, if there are connections…like if there is one magic thing that would unlock so many mysteries. Who knows. I just hope you get some relief and to the bottom of it all!!!

momma b. November 23, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Holy groupon miracle!!!!!! You certainly helped this one – I can’t wait to see what I have let expire and go redeem my initial purchase – you are simply a genius!!!!
(and to think I gave birth to you – that makes me part genius too!)
xoxo

Tiffany @ Snack Snark Bark November 23, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Maybe it’s just me and my undiagnosed ADD but I love the random thought post that wasn’t meant to be random.

I was just having the same conversation about Starbucks coffee at the chiropractors office an hour ago. I used to drink their drip coffee but now will get their Americano since it’s fresher and doesn’t taste burnt. All in all, I prefer local coffee places but have a gold card at Starbucks and you can’t beat the convenience of the stores.

I think we’re doing “dinner” at four. At least hats what I have planned and I’m cooking so yeah…..

I’m not a big thanksgiving person and if you gave me a plate full of stuffing and cranberry sauce, I would be a happy girl.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 23, 2011 at 4:58 pm

ha! I learn not to ask the Husband what he wants and just make what I want most of the time!! :) Live and learn!

Happy Thanksgiving dearest!

Olivia @ PeanutButterNerd November 23, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Thanksgiving/Christmas/any holiday dinner is always some times between 1 and 4 pm at any of my houses – except for Christmas Eve dinner at my mom’s house (which is served around 8 or so, and is our traditional get together there).

Love all the traditions!

Carbzilla November 23, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I hear you on the Starbucks. If you have to add that much crap to taste good, it’s not good coffee. It is, however, some amazing marketing because I went by two of them today (they’re on every corner in Seattle), and they were packed!

I have FL too! Hugs to my fatty liver twin!

Glad your lumpy boobie is ok. Your attitude is everything.

(wonder if your Momma would notice if I snuck into her Thanksgiving…)

Hugs!

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 23, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Ugh I HATE when people call stuffing dressing! I will never call it that. Why confuse people with 2 dressing words?

Have a great thanksgiving! We’re celebrating with Jacob’s fam tomorrow then mine Friday. I’ll double up on everything :). My favorite thing involves whatever my aunt makes with sweet potatoes. It’s never too sweet and never includes marshmallows- bonus.

Christin@purplebirdblog November 23, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Alex and I are totally doing Thanksgiving lunch with each other since he has to work from 3-11, and then I am going to hit up at least one other friend’s Thanksgiving shindig for stealing leftovers… I mean, socializing and eating dinner… yeah. :)

eef November 23, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Starbucks coffee tastes burned to me. =\

1. where will you be celebrating thanksgiving this year?
My parent’s house!

2. what’s your favorite thanksgiving dish?
Mashed potatoes… and cheesecake. my mom makes better cheesecake than you can get ANYWHERE.

bonus Q because i am curious: what time are you eating thanksgiving “dinner”?
We are eating on FRIDAY at about 4pm. We always celebrate a day late so that family/friends can join us after Thanksgiving with their families. This year we are having about 14-16 people!

Juliette November 23, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Celebrating HERE with my mom’s side of the family. Everyone else is in a different state. BOO.
Favorite thanksgiving food is the stuffing as well – but my grans homemade stuffing – not the boxed stuff. And I thought dressing is what you put on salad?.
We are stuffing our faces around 1pm. It’s early, but that way there is time for a nice long walk after:) Happy holidays.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes November 23, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Anything with sweet potato is my fave for Thanksgiving! Have a great one :)

Jen at luckandfunny November 23, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I feel so vindicated! I thought I was the only one who didn’t like Starbucks. Coffee emergency — yes. Only then.

We are eating at four — most of us are doing a 60 mile bike ride in the morning!

Clare @ Fitting It All In November 23, 2011 at 5:50 pm

1. I love Starbucks Americanos, but don’t like their oatmeal either. Their egg white and feta wrap is better for bfast.

2. I’m by myself for Thanksgiving this year since I have to open my store early on Black Friday and can’t go home.

3. My favorite Thanksgiving food is the STUFFING! That’s the only thing I’ll miss considering I eat pumpkin and sweet potatoes pretty much every day anyway.

Have a great day!

Lauren November 23, 2011 at 6:15 pm

So glad to hear everything turned out okay with the lump. How scary. Sounds like you guys will have a great Thanksgiving! I have to say, I’m so impressed by the Packers this year that I think they’ve become my next team of choice. God knows the Eagles are pretty much useless this year. ;) Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving darling.

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 23, 2011 at 6:17 pm

So sorry to hear about all that. I hope you get everything figured out! Glad that lump was nothing. Such a relief. Sounds like an awesome Thanksgiving! :D
I’m just celebrating at home with my mom and brother.
My favorite is dessert. Haha.
I think around 4 pm. I’m not really sure!

Kerryne November 23, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Ha ha, you crack me up! We are eating at my sisters house this year, we have really only had Thanksgiving with our Utah family like twice in the (nearly) 12 years we have been married. Crazy right? Anyway, to my sisters house tomorrow and in laws on Sunday. “Dinner” will be at 1!

I am SOOOO not a stuffing person. I find it to be… disgusting ;) My favorite dish? PIE. Is that a dish? Does that count? I guess if I had to choose anything else it would be…. pie. Yep that’s it!

Chels November 23, 2011 at 6:53 pm

My Mom makes the best broccoli casserole with water chestnuts and topped with cracker crumbs melted in butter…I swear 3/4s of the plate is filled with this. We are having Thanksgiving right at noon, perfect!

Erica November 23, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Sooooo glad everythings ok- heart you! I saw an owl necklace yesterday and thought of you! It wasnt very cute or i would have picked it up for you! I loveeeee starbucks mistos. But the bitter coffee is something you either love or hate! Have a fantastic tgiving! I am most lOoking forward to cranberry sauce! I think we are eating at 6

BroccoliHut November 23, 2011 at 7:17 pm

YUM! Now I want cranberry waffles tomorrow.
I’ll be eating Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow at my parents’ house here in Alabama–so nice to be home!
I look forward to cranberry sauce every year.
We’re eating in the evening around 5 or 6–whenever my sister and her new baby get here!

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio November 23, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I love me some stuffing! I think we’re eating at 4:30. The plan is to run a 5 mile turkey trot race, start cooking, play games and then eat dinner. Happy thanksgiving eve!

Carrie@shrinkingcarrie November 23, 2011 at 7:30 pm

When I asked my hub’s who was playing football on Thanksgiving he told me it was the Packers vs. The Lions, I thought of you and your hub’s! Have a great Thanksgiving!

The Delicate Place November 23, 2011 at 7:41 pm

totally agree about sbux. i always get the americano! there are 3 other local shops near me that care about serious coffee and i frequent those instead :) !!! that’s nate’s fave breakfast! i make it all the time for him, you will rock it! i am a total slut for eggs so it’s a given it’s in our repertoire. thanksgiving will be with nate’s fam near hershey (mmmm chocolate land!). my fave dish is the actual turkey itself believe it or not! however, we made these really great lemony-dill green beans with stone ground mustard that are rocking my world too. can’t wait to scarf em down tomorrow with a hearty helping of bird! we are eating dinner at 7 since we have a 4 hour drive ahead of us tomorrow morning!

lindsay November 23, 2011 at 7:46 pm

youre never stealing minutes from us. GOod to hear things went well this morning, besides the starbucks. Heck, I worked at starbucks and never drank their coffee, just their espresso shots. haha.

Mary Legare Whaley November 23, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Awesome news about your boob lump! Good for you, being responsible and getting things checked. I have lymph nodes everywhere that love to get big and crazy. It always turns out fine, but I’m the awkward, hopefully entertaining, patient who comes in like: “Hey guys, check this out!” They poke around at my ginormous node, and then give me the OK. But as long as we’ve got the coverage—I say, let’s be safe. And Starbucks? I agree with you. But I do think it’s good coffee, but the prices make me do a long sigh…I do love my grande non-fat latte with a packet of Splenda, but it’s only magical when someone else is paying (i’m looking forward to mom treating me on Friday morning =) yay!). My grandparents always grab me a bag of S.Bucks French roast whole bean from Costco. I’ll take it if I don’t have to pay, but I’m not sure it’s any better than Harris Teeter Trader’s coffee. I’ll be racing in a 5K in Charleston tomorrow a.m. then heading to the Yacht Club (thanks grand parents) for dinner at 1:00 (following cocktails at noon). Afterwards, I go deer hunting with my brother. If I shoot something, I will certainly document my kill (along with a beautiful recipe featuring venison). My favorite dish? My mom’s cornbread dressing. She uses Jiffy cornbread, videlea onions, celery, and chicken broth. It’s perfect. And sweet potato casserole…

Lori November 23, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Starbies is no bueno, but sometimes the only place open at night for us in our small area. We love making our own lattes at home, they really are better!

Stuffing is awesome. Our latest favorite is Alton Brown’s Corn Bread Pudding. We don’t put it in the bird – it is done in a cast iron skillet and oh-so-good!

Happy Tday!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 23, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I’m SO excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow. :) My husband and I are in AZ visiting family, so we’ll be going to THREE different dinners. Gotta ration my eats throughout the day! My favorite Thanksgiving dish is definitely sweet potato casserole – yummmm. We’ll be eating at 3 o’clock, 4 o’clock, and dessert around 6 o’clock at the last family’s feast. ;)

Laura November 23, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I’m going to have to get up soooo early to get my run in and get over to my folk’s house in order to watch the Packers beat the Lions. Worth it!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon November 23, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I will be at my Aunt’s house this year and I am looking forward to my other Aunt’s pumpkin soup the most! It’s always SO good!

Heather (Heather's Dish) November 23, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Can I just vent and say that I am kinda sad that we aren’t having green bean casserole this year? Our friends are making green beans and cashews instead…do weird to me!

Heather (Heather's Dish) November 23, 2011 at 8:46 pm

That’s supposed to say “sounds weird to me!” stupid iPhone :)

penny November 23, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Sounds like a good weekend. REMINDER: send out some thank you cards!”…you said to keep you accountable! :-).
Just do a few a day or like 10 a week and it will be over before you know it!

esmemerrie November 23, 2011 at 9:34 pm

ahaha yep it was a random post! however your apologies and “I’m surprised you’re still reading” comment interspersed throughout made it adorable ;)

Betty November 23, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Ive done a liver shrinking diet before! Haha random but Barbara’s mom underwent bariatric (sp?) surgery and I did it with her for a week.

Thanksgiving with my Fam as always.. One day me and Barbara will spend it together..

Stuffing all the way.. I could fill my plate with that and be happy. I get yelled at for picking before its done

We eat at 1 on the dot every year!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Jessica Corbin November 23, 2011 at 11:37 pm

1. where will you be celebrating thanksgiving this year? with my Grandma, Uncles and Aunts!!! Cannot wait!! Widbey Island baby!

2. what’s your favorite thanksgiving dish? I love my “Granjans” yam recipe, I will have two servings. Yes. Yes I will.

bonus Q because i am curious: what time are you eating thanksgiving “dinner”? About 3pm…I know what you mean about the naming LOL!!! Oh well! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Jessica November 24, 2011 at 12:17 am

I agree with you about Starbucks! When I lived in Seattle, they were on almost every.single.corner. I recently moved to Southern CA and they have Coffee Bean here and I think it beats Starbucks hands down.
Anyway, because of the recent move, I will be away from my family on Thanksgiving for the first time, and I am planning on cooking a (scaled down) Thanksgiving dinner for the first time!
To be honest, I don’t love any of the traditional Thanksgiving foods, but I guess my favorite NON dessert dish is green bean casserole. Definitley not anything gourmet, but it reminds me of childhood Thanksgivings.
Also, my family has always eaten early, around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, but I always wished we ate later, at actual dinner time.
This year, I am planning on having everything ready around 7.
Happy Thanksgiving!

cathy@1970kikiproject November 24, 2011 at 4:18 am

stuffing!
happy thanksgiving weekend, j! hope you have a happy celebration with marshall’s family then with your own tomorrow (thumbs up on boggle as a family-bonding game!!).
starbucks coffee is soooo bitter although i did like their via instant coffee pacs when i was into coffee….
rambles are fun to read – don’t apologize for sharing your train of thought!

Katy Widrick November 24, 2011 at 4:54 am

Hey — selfishly, I’m glad to have a lumpy-boob-sister. I just got my first mammogram and breast ultrasound last week, and will be getting many more in the future!

I wanted to stop by and say Happy Thanksgiving this morning, since I won’t be able to consider you a friend between 12:30 and 4:30. Lions, baby. LIONS!

Lisa Broadley November 24, 2011 at 7:38 am

I celebrated Thanksgiving twice this year…once with my parents and once with my in-laws. Both were in October and both were around the 2pm time. I like that time because then you’re not going home to late or eating a dinner so late in the day!. It’s hard to say what my favourite dish is….cabbage rolls, stuffing, veggies. BTW I hate Starbucks too…plus they charge extra for non-dairy milks :( Enjoy your day!!

Courtney November 24, 2011 at 8:19 am

Happy Gobble Gobble Day! Good thing those lumps aint no thang. ;)

Joy November 24, 2011 at 9:40 am

I will try really hard to forgive the Starbucks knocking (even though it’s my Mecca)
1. My friend Beth’s house
2. Cranberry sauce (Canned)

4:00

Krissie J November 24, 2011 at 10:36 am

I’m not a Starbucks fan either. They switched over to it at work (we have our own coffee shop) and I haven’t been back since. Icky.

We’re celebrating Thanksgiving at my mom’s house this year. I had my 10 year reunion last night so Scott is spending it with us (usually we go to our own fam’s). My favorite dish is my mom’s stuffing. It’s the simplest recipe, but it beats out any other kind I have ever had. I believe we’ll be eating around 3ish.

Katheryn November 24, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I don’t like Starbucks either. Definitely overrated. We are living in New Zealand this year, so it’s a bit sad not to be with family. I invited a few other Americans we know over, so I hosted Thanksgiving for 12 people.

Kimberly November 25, 2011 at 10:34 am

I hope you had a wonderful Turkey Day, Janeetha! :) And the Packers totally whooped on the Lions yesterday! It was pretty awesome – not to mention the Lions played pretty crappy and dirty if you ask me – what happened to good sportsmanship? Oh well 11-0, GO PACK GO!! ;)

meg November 28, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Oh my goodness! This whole post is just hilarious! Found you through LisaOkie but I also live in SLC. I totally agree with you about Starbucks. I usually only go there for work meetings when necessary but for some reason lately I have been craving it like a mofo! So bizarre!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) November 29, 2011 at 10:39 am

Hello lover! Not only did I read the whole post and loved it, but I’ve sped-read everything I missed up til now. I stilll have a little ways to go (yay, look at me Evelyn Wood {google it})…GLAD the boob i just lumpy- makes for extra grab-bage for the mister haha.

Stuffing is by far the best thing. Why is it so hard to make it the rest of the year? I went to my BIL’s in the UK and they sell super-easy stuffing in a box there in a zillion flavors, so they have it all the time- we bought multiple boxes in all the flavors to bring home (it was soo delish) and never made it except once :-/ grrr.

DRUNCH is the best time for TG and every meal for me now, but sadly on TG we had to wait for a table on the ship til very late- like 7 even though we had hoped to eat by about 6. It was weird not having leftovers, but we were with friends that are nearly as close as family so that was a plus :-)

now I’m rambling. Love you. PS you don’t need to catch me up now on all your news- unless there’s something juicy you left off the blog :-)

Shannon November 29, 2011 at 11:54 am

We spend Thanksgiving in Carmel/Monterey pretty much every year. It’s just a tradition we’ve been blessed with, but it looks like this may be our last year doing it for a while. It’s just too expensive.
My favorite Thanksgiving dish is stuffing too! I LOVE stuffing! And cranberry sauce is a close second!
We had reservations for dinner at 6:30 this year, so we ate around 7ish. And yes, we had a Turkey dinner and it was really good!

Oh! And I HATE Starbucks! We have Starbucks coffee at work and I will only drink it if it’s an absolute emergency. I love Peet’s, but I just don’t have the time in the morning to get some on my way to work.