auction results!

by Janetha on July 25, 2011

in love life

it’s over!

after sleeping for 3 hours, waking up at 5:30 AM and sitting at a computer for 16 hours straight, i am basically dead to the world.. but i want to put this out there for all to see.

final winning bids total $23,210.

paypal cash donations as of tonight $3,222.

COMBINED AMOUNT RAISED = $26,432.

you guys kick some major cancer butt.

thank you.

a HUGE thank you to momma b for sitting here with me ALL DAY helping me update the whole time. also, danica & deb were working ALL DAY behind the scenes as well.

a HUGE thank you to all those who donated. holy crap—TWENTY SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS? what the.

i am so happy. thrilled. over the mooooooooon.

because i cannot properly function at the moment (can you tell? i am typing in sentence fragments), i am gonna go.

BUT! i know the winning bidders probably wonder “what do i do?”

so.. i wanted to let all winning bidders know they will get an email within the next 24 hours with details on how to pay for their items.

patience :)

some cool things to keep you busy…

also.. lots of people still have items they wanted to donate but didn’t get in in time. information about how you can purchase these items, “after the act”, will be available soon.

for now, i am going to go home to my mister and my pups. and chances are, i will eat some ice cream.

thank you. thank you. thank you.

times twenty six thousand, four hundred thirty two.

p.s. if you want to donate via paypal, here is the new link: click!

claire July 26, 2011 at 12:27 pm

THIS IS SO INCREDIBLE!!!! I’m so happy to be a part of this incredible blogging community!!

Christa July 26, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Janetha – you have given us the opportunity to actually do something in a tangible way to help a fabulous blogger. for those of us not in the blogging community, this is amazing to be a part of, and to see results that are astounding is even better! THANK YOU for your hard work, I wish I had the words to express what’s in my heart… (that would be why I am NOT a blogger! LOL)

Susan, I tear up every time I think of what you said about your mother not having to cash in her RRSPs, and your grandmother not having to use her savings. All of these amazing people have a part of that, incredible. I know you are absolutely going to kick cancer’s @$$!

Amanda July 26, 2011 at 12:49 pm

This is the best! Makes my heart feel 10x bigger.

Janetha, you have such a big heart and so much love for your friends. It makes me glad to know you! Hopefully I will see you soon!

Jennie @ Designed to be Fit July 26, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I am so amazed at what you guys were able to accomplish. I knew this would be big, but that is incredible. After reading that her mom doesn’t have to drain her retirement made my heart melt.

emily (a nutritionist eats) July 26, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Thank YOU!

Anne P July 26, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Amazing. Thank you so much for organizing this and for all your hard week!

Jess July 26, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I’m still in total and utter awe – in you for spearheading something so incredibly amazing. And in this amazing blogging community that banded together like this. Incredible and so touching. I was able to donate..even though it wasn’t much, I’m glad I could at least do SOMETHING to help and support Susan. What you did for her is priceless. Truly.

Anneliesz July 26, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Woo hoo!!!

Sarahj July 26, 2011 at 2:40 pm

This is truly a fabulous endeavor. Thank you for all of your efforts!

Alexa @ Simple Eats July 26, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Seriously awesome. One of the most heartfelt and touching things I’ve seen in a long time.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) July 26, 2011 at 2:51 pm

you are amazing for organizing this whole auction…what a wonderful person you are Janetha :)

amy July 26, 2011 at 3:07 pm

You are such an amazing, thoughtful, caring person to do this for Susan. Seeing how much money was raised brought tears to my eyes. I really wish I could have bid on something since there were so many wonderful products, but I am a broke post college student who just started paying my student loans and couldn’t outbid any of these wonderful people. SO! I will just have to donate what I can through PayPal instead =)

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers July 26, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Wow – that’s increadible. I’m so impressed!

Christina July 26, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Holy smokes!! Love this amazing community!

dana @ my little celebration July 26, 2011 at 7:03 pm

So awesome! I was so happy to see the fantastic results! How great for Susan. It will be a tremendous blessing to her.

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 26, 2011 at 7:27 pm

WOW! This is truly amazing!!

Errign July 26, 2011 at 8:06 pm

you.are.a.rockstar.

PBJenny July 26, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Janetha – you are a freaking rockstar! Seriously, I can only imagine how incredible this world would be if there were more people like you. Promise me one thing — you will go to bed tonight and sleep peacefully knowing that you have changed so many peoples lives! Susan’s, naturally, but I think all of us readers and participants have been extremely inspired as well. I know I have.

oh my god I just love you so much!!

Kaitlin With Honey July 26, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Janetha, you’re amazing. You are proof that there is so much good in the world.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 26, 2011 at 9:11 pm

JGB, I finally got to a wi-fi spot to check in for the results. WOW.WOW.WOW. Thank you for putting this together, for all your hard work, for your heart, and for loving your friends the way you do. I am so happy to call you a friend and to be a part of such an amazing community.
Love you.
-Heabie :)

Brittany July 26, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I’m so impressed with the kindness of the blogging community.

Thanks for all your hard work Janetha.

Susan will beat this!!

Kimberley July 26, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Thank you for your hard work!!!

RoseRunner July 26, 2011 at 9:59 pm

wow. amazing. you are an angel.

Do you mind sharing what your goal was? And how much of Susans bills this will cover? Just curious if she will now be “comfortably” able to cover everything, or if we may expect more fundraisers…which would be totally worth it

Jessy July 27, 2011 at 9:19 am

I didn’t participate in the auction, because I’m European and I couldn’t donate any bake goods, but now I realize I could have offered online services of graphic design, such as blog header! :( I’m glad you raised so much, though!

Theodora July 27, 2011 at 9:23 am

Thanks so much for all of your hard work! The blogging community is truly lucky to have someone like you and everyone else who made this a success.

Alta July 27, 2011 at 10:34 am

This was an awesome feat, Janetha. You should be PROUD!

Jocelyn July 28, 2011 at 6:39 am

hey Janetha..just wanted to say..I saw the auction stuff on my news channel this morning..and I saw you talking to susan via face chat..haha..they showed glo bars and how much you guys raised for treatments…that is sooo awesome :D Congratz!

Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza July 28, 2011 at 7:03 am

Great job with all of this, you worked so hard! Thank you for all that you do! :)

Cameo July 31, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Wow! You did a fantastic job. I am so happy it was a success!