funny email friday.

by Janetha on June 24, 2011

in meals,random rambles

thank you for all the kind comments on yesterday’s post. it’s awesome that susan has so many people out there rooting for her recovery!

well.. it’s friday! i think i get more excited for the weekends during the summer than during any other season because it’s so NICE outside!  utah has been having odd seasons lately, but i think it is safe to say that summer has officially arrived.  i sit in an office for 40+ hours a week. my office has NO windows. by the time i leave my office, work out, make dinner and eat dinner.. it’s dark. it’s depressing, really. that’s why i LIVE for the weekends. i can’t wait to spend the whole weekend outdoors, and that’s just what i intend to do.

today was another busy one at work. i will give you a rundown.

this morning i blended my breakfast protein shake—the fifth one this week! i am addicted.

it had 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 a banana, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/4 cup blueberry POM juice, 14 cubes of ice and a scoop of vanilla pea protein powder.

i was running late for work because i didn’t set my alarm early enough (woops) so i had zero time to make coffee and zero time to buy coffee. yes, that’s right, i had NO COFFEE this morning. at first i didn’t think skipping coffee would make a difference, but i was yawning my face off all morning.

when i am tired, i seem to get hungry. i ate lunch about 45 minutes earlier than usual today.

i have been having variations of cottage cheese mixtures with a couple mini pitas on the side almost every day this week. yesterday i had cottage cheese mixed with black beans and salsa. today i kept it simple and just mixed the cottage cheese with ranch seasoning.

these mini whole wheat pitas are so tasty, especially when you warm them in the microwave for 15 seconds. i purchase them at sunflower market (they come 8 to a pack and a serving size is 2 pitas for around 125 calories).

i was horrible with my water intake at work today. i had only downed two bottles (48 oz) by the time snack time rolled around. actually, i wanted to have snack time an hour earlier than i typically would. i always get hungrier if i am not hydrated.

so far, i have told you that i get hungry if i am tired or if i am thirsty. if you invite me over, make sure you give me a nap and a water bottle or i just may eat all the food in your house.

anyway, this was my snack:

a lemon coconut simply bar topped with mighty maple peanut butter. try it! it’s good.

funny email friday!

every once in awhile, my friend sabrina sends me emails that i deem “worth sharing.” and i put them into a folder until a rainy day comes around and i need something to post. okay—so it’s not a rainy day—we just went over how it’s actually a sunny day. but i need something to post. plus, “funny email friday” just rolls so nicely off the tip of my tongue.

because i am a new yoga addict (okay, that is an exaggeration) and a retired drunk (not an exaggeration), i thought it would be fun to share this email sabrina sent awhile back.

Research confirms that drinking gives you the same benefits yoga does!!!

Savasana

Position of total relaxation.
clip_image001

Balasana
Position that brings the sensation of peace and calm.
clip_image002

Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
This position calms the brain and heals tired legs.
clip_image003

Marjayasana
Position stimulates the midriff area and the spinal column.
clip_image004

Halasana
Excellent for back pain and insomnia.
clip_image005

Dolphin
Excellent for the shoulder area, thorax, legs, and arms.
clip_image006

Salambhasana
Great exercise to stimulate the lumbar area, legs, and arms.
clip_image007

Ananda Balasana
This position is great for massaging the hip area.
clip_image008

Malasana
This position, for ankles and back muscles.
clip_image009

hmm. maybe i should rethink that bikram membership and just cash in at the liquor store…

well, i gotta jet! marshall and i are going to hit the gym for some lower body action and then we have a family BBQ tonight for my step-brother-in-law’s birthday. that’s a mouthful!

enjoy your weekend and GO OUTSIDE!

1. how much water do you drink each day?

2. weekend plans?

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 24, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Okay that email was HILARIOUS!!! I loved it!

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy June 24, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Haha – wow drinking and yoga really do seem to share a lot of benefits! I can’t believe those people are literally passed out in those positions! Ouch!

Allison @ Food for Healing June 24, 2011 at 5:11 pm

i’ve never thought of adding ranch dressing into cottage cheese, i will have to do that next time!
i like funny emails like that!
I try and drink at least 64oz of water daily, especially while doing Insanity.
Weekend plans.. hm i think my bf has a work get-together bbq type thing tomorrow, so probably that. and i’m not sure what else, Hopefully enjoy some sunshine, if the rain stays away!

Courtney @ girl in the pink June 26, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Allison- I have been incorporating Insanity into my workout routine as well! I was skeptical about workout DVDs but Insanity really does kick my butt! I’m thinking about getting insanity: the asylum!

dana @ my little celebration June 24, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I don’t drink enough water – probably only a few glasses. You’re an inspiration to me in that department.

Weekend plans: Saturday morning workout, eating the best tacos in the world with friends followed by froyo, and then proably relaxing and reading my Real Simple that just got here. Yipee!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) June 24, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Go outside? Go outside??? It’s 112! But it’s gorgeous!

Weekend plans- more film festival!! Derek got here last night and Eden leaves tomorrow (*boo!)…

Are we gonna count down months, weeks or days?

Janetha June 28, 2011 at 1:24 pm

seconds. 8663724.

Erica June 24, 2011 at 5:44 pm

HAHAHHAHAH that is an awesome email. I just showed your post to Josh and he is laughing while he reads it :) mmm smoothie- such a yummy bfast. Almond milk makes all the difference (IMO). Have a great weekend OUTSIDE! I used to drink 3-4 or my 28-oz-er a day, now that I’m pregnant I can’t get enough water. This weekend=teaching at the gym, spending time with family & hopefully getting more sleep

Nicole @ sugarcoatedsisters June 24, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I probably drink at least 16 servings of water a day… so I guess at least 128 oz.

I love water… and I always drink sparkling water, hot tea, snapple, hot cocoa… all that water adds up!

Weekend plans include kicking back, spending time with friends, and hopefully spending the majority of time in the beautiful California sunshine

Nicole @ sugarcoatedsisters June 24, 2011 at 5:45 pm

oh and that e-mail is hilarious! “Ananana Balasana” is my favorite :)

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate June 24, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I drink so much water it’s ridiculous! I also sweat enough that it’s ridiculous ;)

Susan June 24, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Omigosh! I tried the Simply Bar you sent to me today! So good! Why don’t they use the lemon/coconut combo in more things? It’s kind of genius.

Janetha June 28, 2011 at 1:24 pm

i know!! i wish there was lemon coconut everything.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga June 24, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I drink tons of water. I dont measure it, but always just make sure I am really well hydrated. It keeps everything better…from digestion to skin to mood.

Love that yoga section…Ive seen that before. Thanks for the reminder and the good laugh :)

Daniella @ Runneratheart June 24, 2011 at 6:45 pm

That analogy is hysterical l. I usually drink at least 4-5 liters of water a day since I don’t drink anything else except usually a coffee in the morning.

Andrea @ Onion in My Hair June 24, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Oh my gosh…that made my night!

Thank you so much for sharing! I’m surprised I’ve seen that one before!

vanessa June 24, 2011 at 6:55 pm

homeless people are hilaaaarious!

actually, not really…

cathyd June 24, 2011 at 7:02 pm

thanks for the friday laughs, j! and actually, your written part was pretty funny, too – your personality really shone thru!
i drink probably 1-2 litres of water per day – plus coffee. regular in the a.m. but decaf any time after 11 a.m. or i’ll be up at night – seriously.
i’m working this weekend, but also socializing – nice balance!
enjoy the bbq!

Kristina @ spabettie June 24, 2011 at 7:06 pm

haa – the yoga poses. every time I see that photo with the chair back gone I just cringe. owie.

I can usually tell when I’m not drinking enough, but I try not to feel that. I always have a bottle with me, and drink a lot. especially when it’s warmer!

weekend plans, it’s Jason’s birthday today! taking him to dinner tonight, tomorrow going out with friends, and Sunday *SQUEE* looking at a house we want to buy *crosses fingers* :)

BroccoliHut June 24, 2011 at 7:09 pm

That smoothie sounds phenom!! I really must try blueberry POM one of these days…

Karen June 24, 2011 at 7:14 pm

That e-mail is hilarious!! I drink lots of water each day! I probably average about 128 ounces per day. I love a glass of cold water – so refreshing. I can’t wait to enjoy the weekend – we have no big plans so that means lots of family time outside!

Kasia June 24, 2011 at 7:54 pm

hahahahahaha! Thankyou for sharing!!! I am doing a bikram challenge and on day 25!!! I loooooove it!!!!!

Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) June 24, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I, too, have been skimping on water, and BOY do I feel it!

Tomorrow I have 3 parties to attend (oy) and then EARLY Sunday I’m hitting the road for a 14hr drive to North Carolina! :)

Mama Pea June 24, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Two things I totally love about this post:

1. I am exhausted…and starving. You are so right about the tired/hunger ratio.

2. I just did yoga to relax. It made me feel drunk. And I was eating while I was doing yoga.

Love you!

Tamizn June 25, 2011 at 1:49 am

I try to drink 2 litres but sometimes fail………

Weekend plans, well I have the weekend off so I’m off out dancing tonight with a few cocktails being thrown into the mix! Have a fun weekend pretty lady x x

PBJenny June 25, 2011 at 7:01 am

I’m dying. literally, dying. oh my god – this is hysterical!

p.s. so amused at the fact that you actually counted out 14 ice cubes for your smoothie. You really do love numbers, huh?!

Kacy June 25, 2011 at 8:24 am

I try to drink at least 8 glasses at work throughout the day and then more when I get home. But, sometimes I slack off. I need to get better about it!

Paige @ Running Around Normal June 25, 2011 at 8:58 am

bahhahaha – those pictures are pretty funny! I was trying to motivate myself to do some yoga this morning. Perhaps I’ll just whip up a margarita or three ;)

Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health June 25, 2011 at 9:53 am

Oh my gosh that is hilarious! I try to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, but that doesn’t always happen…whoops haha.

Lisa June 25, 2011 at 10:42 am

Putting peanut butter on my bars is my favorite way to eat them. Good to know I’m not the only one who does it. :)

sofia June 25, 2011 at 12:08 pm

love this! i always knew drinking and yoga went hand in hand…

Marissa June 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Heheh… thanks for the laugh. :]

I refill my 24 oz bottle about 6 or 7 times a day… I drink a lot of water. I find I get dehydrated extremely easily. I’m almost constantly thirsty (and as a result of this, I must use the bathroom at least once every hour, lol…)

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 25, 2011 at 12:51 pm

HAHA.

Love the idea of a nutbutter onTOP of a granola bar. YUMM

Alyssa June 25, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Thank you for the laugh!!!! I have to forward that email to a few friends.
Have a great weekend!

Katie June 25, 2011 at 2:33 pm

oooh, I forgot how good your cottage cheese with ranch seasoning combo is. Thanks for the reminder.

My father in law sent me this yoga/boozy email and it’s just as funny as I remembered.

I’ve been terrible about drinking water lately! When I was teaching, I talked all day (dry mouth), and looked at my waterbottle a lot so I drank 3-4 big watterbottles a day, but now I forget to drink it…as a result, awful headaches. I need to get back on the water train.

tea-bag June 25, 2011 at 4:37 pm

i’ve been doing yoga for years and had no idea! haha

Niki (Life's a Payne) June 25, 2011 at 6:40 pm

So cute! That gave me quite the chuckle!

MelissaNibbles June 26, 2011 at 4:25 am

Yes! How dare they photograph my boyfriend without his permission. He’s the guy in halasana. Also a favorite sex position of ours!

Sarah@The Flying ONION June 26, 2011 at 5:22 am

Haha…love this post. Too fun! :mrgreen:

Errign June 26, 2011 at 9:38 am

I don’t drink nearly enough water & I think of that everytime I come to your blog, Janetha. Off to grab a glass now! Hope you are having an awesome weekend :) Thanks for sharing the email!

SJ June 26, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Lol… hold on a minute while I stop myself… Ahem, better now :) I have been researching veganism and now realised that I am going to miss cottage cheese for the next month or so; wonder what mashed up tofu tastes like :/

Nat June 26, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Bahahahaha!! That’s hilarious.

Heather June 26, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Hahaha – hilarious! I love random emails like that!
Hope you had a great weekend!

Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle) June 26, 2011 at 11:01 pm

hahhaha I love that email you got! So glad you shared it! I need to try that pea protein, where do you get it?

holly June 27, 2011 at 9:40 am

haha…i was sent that email awhile ago. i enjoyed it.

and i can never thank you enough for bringing cottage cheese + ranch seasoning into my life. thank you.

Janetha June 28, 2011 at 1:26 pm

you are very welcome, m’lady