awesome things.

by Janetha on June 17, 2011

in random rambles

hey guys! i am in a real good mood today. if you knew what i have been through at my day job this week, you would actually be really surprised to hear that i am in a good mood.  but i am! i am not going to let work drama get me down. i can’t control it.. but i can control the way i react to it.

because i am so obnoxiously chipper today, i thought i would make a list of things that are awesome.

[nataliedee.com]

making lists is something i love to do, and it is what i am obligated to do as a blogger. melissa and eden told me so.

enjoy!

it’s friday!

that’s awesome. i don’t care what you say.

[nataliedee.com]

i have been selected to be a fitfluential ambassador!

yeah, ok.. so this is a little bit on the braggy side. so what?

[nataliedee.com]

image image

fitfluential is a community of bloggers that are passionate about fitness.  fitfluential was founded by one of my favorite bloggers and social media superstar, kelly olexa.  here is a bit about the fitfluential:

We are creating a network of the best of the best when it comes to fitness bloggers and influencers. People with a passion. People with a voice. People like yourself!

Our goal is to work with both digital influencers and brands to cultivate mutually beneficial relationships. We don’t want you to just work with any brand, we want you to work with the right brand; one whose mission and goals align with your own.

The best part? We plan on taking these relationships offline – conference style. And we assure you that we know how to have a good time.

Ready to have a good time while making money, working with brands and doing what you love? Join us.

i would love for you all to join in the fitfluential fun! just click here to join. you can expect to hear more about fitfluential in the future.

i get to take a summer vacation!

it is hard to get time off at my job.  there are only a few of us, and if we leave.. there is not another person to cover for us.. so the work just piles up and has to be done when returning to the office.

WELL.. i finagled some time off! i am so excited. we are taking a road trip!

and the best part? we are taking the kids!!

they were so excited when i told them the news!

one of my very favorite people in the whole wide world started a blog!

i love it when my real world and my blog world collide.  usually it happens when i meet blog friends in real life. well, this time, my real life friend has turned into a blogger!

let’s take a second to talk about jessica and how awesome she is. how about a list within a list? holy crud, i can think of nothing better!!!!!

• she loves puppies, ice cream, snowboarding and coffee.
  • she thought of the most awesome blog name.. because she hates pickles! and once, when we lived together, i shattered a whole pickle jar on the kitchen floor. she almost lost her cookies.
  • no matter how much time goes by between seeing or talking to her.. she is always the exact same. she is always kind, genuine and amazing.  there are few people in this world that are as lovely as jessica.
  • she is one of the few “real life” friends that comments on my blog and that makes my heart happy.
  • she is passionate about her beliefs and values (and the fact that she hates pickles) and sticks to them.
  • she posts natalie dee webcomics to my facebook page. actually, she posted this one to me just today:

[nataliedee.com]

SHE’S PSYCHIC!

i could go on. really, i could. i am so excited to read hold the pickles.

i am done with insanity!

i haven’t done the final fit test yet.. but i am done with the workouts. i mentioned this previously.. but it deserves to go in my awesome post. i am so flipping happy to be done. i was getting really sick of it.

i have a LOT to say about the program.. hopefully i will have time to type up a review this weekend.

[nataliedee.com]

let’s see… what else?

we are grilling pizza tonight! i have never grilled pizza and i have always wanted to. i will be sure to report back since you are all on the edge of your seats wondering how that is going to go.

also, my friend kristen is running in the wasatch back ragnar relay race RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE! it started this morning and it is a 192 mile race. it takes over a whole day! yikes. we are going to park city tomorrow to meet her at the finish line.

i also have bikram, father’s day fun and some bicycle riding on my weekend agenda.

okay, i am done talking about awesome things in my life.

here’s an equation for you:

rambling about awesome things > complaining about shitty things

it’s true! try it. you’ll like it.

1. what is something that’s awesome in your life right now?

2. any fun trips planned? where ya goin?

Maura June 17, 2011 at 5:36 pm

I am going to Miami in September for the big dirty 30. Yes it is 3 months, and yes it’s all I can think about. 6 gals, a beach, and tequila. If that ain’t awesome, I don’t know what is.

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health June 17, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Something that is awesome right now is that I just started a blog! I’m loving it (even though I’m pretty sure just family and friends are reading it haha). As for this summer, I’m going to Boca Raton, FL with my boyfriend for a few days! Congrats on being a fitfluential ambassador!

The Delicate Place June 17, 2011 at 5:44 pm

1. i make lists on a daily basis. i love them.
2. congrats on being a fit ambassador! and also for using natalie dee, she is hilarious and inappropriate. my kind of humor!
3. enjoy tahoe! it looks so beautiful.
something awesome in my life right now, getting self hosted. my brother is proposing tomorrow night to his gf (shhhhhh!) and i get to see my parents on sunday for father’s day it’s been a few months!
trips planned: hls in august and going to the beach at the beginning of sept!

marie June 17, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I LOVE your equation and couldn’t agree more!

If you don’t mind, I think I’ll jump on the list bandwagon, too, even though I have no blog. Here are a few things that I think are AWESOME:

1. Dulce de leche ice cream
2. The Black Keys
3. Samuel L. Jackson reading “Go the F*** to Sleep” on You Tube
4. Caitlin’s Giggles post (http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/2011/06/go-ahead-and-giggle.html)
5. I’m about to start the last stage of the lifting program in New Rules of Lifting for Women!
6. This morning I did a total of 20 pullups (4 sets, 5 reps each) and 100 decline pushups (4 sets, 25 reps each, w/feet on step w/ 1 riser, ~ 18 inches tall) as part of my workout. I feel STRONG!!!
7. It’s FRIDAY!!!!
8. July 4th (i.e., 3-day weekend) is coming up!!

cathyd June 17, 2011 at 5:49 pm

gosh, which one of your totally awesome moments of awesomeness is the highlight?! i’m going to say the vacation! that’s great news! i’d love to visit tahoe some day (great running country from what i hear).
can’t wait to hear about insanity – what fitness goal will you tackle next?
thanks for sharing all the fun things in your day, j!
i am in love with our sun + heat this week! it’s like being on vacation!

alex June 17, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I’m in the same place as you right now. Work is kind of sucky but I am absolutely relishing the little awesome things in life right now:

1. farm fresh eggs, hikes and I just started a blog!
2. My husband and I are going to Portland and we have a small weekend trip to Las Vegas/Laughlin in July. SO excited.

Congratulations on finishing Insanity! What are you starting next?!

Christin@purplebirdblog June 17, 2011 at 5:52 pm

I love your rambles the bestest. We are moving next Tueday to an awesome house with awesome neighbors who own chickens (free eggs!) and I couldn’t be more stoked to get the eff out of my crappy current neighborhood. Life is going to rule substantially more as of next Tuesday! :)

Niki (Life's a Payne) June 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I am a math person (I know right?) so I LOVE equations… and that was a great one :)!

Kristina @ spabettie June 17, 2011 at 5:54 pm

you will grill pizza forever after this… we started grilling pizza two summers ago and It Is The Best. ooooh, YUM. :)

I’m off to read Hold the Pickles now…

have a great weekend!!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) June 17, 2011 at 5:58 pm

You are deliciously awesome in every way. And you’ll LOVE Tahoe- gorgeous!! Off to check out your bud’s blog now :-)

Anna June 17, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Loved your awesome post :-D

Awesome things right now in my life:
1. Fresh picked strawberries!
2. I got a job!!! (which means I have to search for someplace to live which means I should have my own kitchen again!)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 17, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Youa re just BURSTING with excitement today! I love this.

Christin June 17, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Things to do in Tahoe:

Say hi to my family.
Gamble.
Hike/bike the Tahoe Rim Trail.
Shakespeare festival.
MS Dixie “cruise” dinner on the lake.
Beach…the water is always freezing but kayaking is fun and gorgeous! We like Zephy Cove rthe best.
You also must eat at the Chart House.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Have fun, I spent all my high school summers on the beach rock jumping and freezing my butt off in the water! You will love it!!

Janetha June 17, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Thank you so much! I appreciate the feedback and feel free to keep any tid bits coming! I especially appreciate the restaurant recommendation because it’s all about the food, right?

Christin June 17, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I meant zephyr cove! Stupid phone.

Chels June 17, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Your post just puts me in a great mood!! I am going to Costa Rica in about three weeks, super pumped..I have never been out of the country before. I am hoping to that Craig might use this vaca as a place to purpose he he he.
Something that is awesome right now…I have 14 followers on my blog, it is starting to grow. I am summer vacation, a break from school and I just ended a horrible lease and finally bought my car out and now I have a lower monthly payment.

Christin June 17, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Sorry for bogging your comments down…I thought of something else. Most of the bigger, nicer beaches are NOT dog friendly. Just a heads up. I am pretty sure the nude beach is dog friendly if you’re into that kinda thing ;)

Errign June 17, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Awesome in my life: I had WF hot bar for dinner & I am thinking about a brownie for dessert.

Fun Trips: Well, living in Asheville is sort of a fun trip, really, but I hope to have some more adventures to Charleston and Raleigh :)

emily June 17, 2011 at 6:54 pm

What’s awesome in my life is the fun trip I have planned for this weekend! My husband and I have one week to tool around Charlottesville VA / Washington DC / Baltimore MD before he is a stupid busy almost doctor.

Every Mile a Memory June 17, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I have had tons of time to train this week! That is pretty awesome :) I find out Monday if I get ot go to Lollapallooza in Chicago totally crossing fingers! I love your positive outlook and congrats on the fitfluential gig!

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 17, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Awesome stuff going on for you!!

We were going to go boating today, but we’re going tomorrow instead. Yippeee!!
We are taking a trip in August! I got another part-time job teaching Fitness Classes. WOot! Life is good :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga June 17, 2011 at 7:08 pm

“i can’t control it.. but i can control the way i react to it.”–
GREAT ATTITUDE!!!!

Congrats on your Tahoe trip. I LOVE tahoe and it’s sooo beautiful up there this time of year and the summer. Well all year actually. God’s Country. It’s just magical.

1. what is something that’s awesome in your life right now?
I just bought something that I really wanted.

2. any fun trips planned? where ya goin?
Yes. Secret. But I think I told you privately on email. SO EXCITED!

Jenn June 17, 2011 at 7:16 pm

My boyfriend and I are adopting the sweetest puppy girl tomorrow! She is SO adorable and came from a high kill shelter in Mississippi so we are glad to save her. That’s pretty awesome, right?!

Teri [a foodie stays fit] June 17, 2011 at 7:28 pm

1. something awesome in my life: I just found out today that I passed my Les Mills RPM video assessment! fully certified baby!

2. My next fun trip is a girl’s beach weekend in July. Can’t wait!!

Eden June 17, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Very awesome indeed!
My new blog header photoshoot left me feeling all hot and gorgeous!

If you would excuse me, I need to make out with myself….

BroccoliHut June 17, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Major congrats, girl!!
Awesome things in my life: new patio furniture (dorky? perhaps).
Travel plans: we’re going to Massachusetts for a wedding on the 4th of July–I love New England in the summertime!

Tiffany @ Simply Shaka June 17, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Congrats on the ambassadorship!

I love the Natalie Dee comics, I will just go onto her website and hit random search just to see what comes up.

Something awesome-I have less than two wks in Charlotte and I still dont know where I’m going next.

As for trips, I’m rolling to the beach for July 4th, DC, possibly Boston and wait for it……Italy in August/September!!!!

Kristie June 17, 2011 at 8:41 pm

There is so much awesome going on here… AWESOME.
I saw that little fitfluential gain of yours on the main site today… congrats! Totally deserving.

You know what’s awesome, especially when you’re feeling bummy? 1000awesomethings.com. It always makes me feel better :)

I’m going away in August up north for a big family wedding/reunion which should be pretty much epic and by far the highlight of my summer.

So glad you’re able to get away for a bit. No better way to celebrate than a roooooad trip! Have an awesome time!

Ashley @ Will Run for Food June 17, 2011 at 8:50 pm

We just had grilled pizza the other night…so good! No trips planned yet but I need to change that ASAP.

lindsay June 17, 2011 at 9:19 pm

thats a lot of awesomeness in one day! share the love! no really, congrats on your fit fluential. Very cool! soak up more awesomeness tomorrow for me, k?
<3!
LC

tea-bag June 17, 2011 at 9:36 pm

i have a one-way ticket to funky town, thanks to a set up by my friend. of course, i may get lost in transit and end up in awkward-ville. we shall see! :)

Shannon June 17, 2011 at 10:34 pm

One awesome thing is that I found a book club in my town that just started up and I’m hoping that I’ll meet some great people and develop some friendships.
I just got back from Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, and my family and I are going to Lake Tahoe at the end of July, less than a week after my 28th birthday. Yikes!

Jessiker June 18, 2011 at 12:08 am

Wow, this is an awesome post! Thanks for the shout out. I almost teared up!! I love that you are taking a vacation. This is awesome. Posting all these natalie dee comics makes me love you more. You are amazing. Thanks for the love. I love you the most!

Sarah June 18, 2011 at 2:13 am

I’m so looking forward to hearing about your Insanity experiences. And I’m looking forward to lots of detail! :)

Awesome in my life right now… I’m about to start my final nursing placement/rotation before becoming a registered nurse, woo woo!

No holidays plans though.

Hope you have a great weekend x

MelissaNibbles June 18, 2011 at 4:17 am

Sorry work has been rough. Just remember all of these great things when you’re feeling down about it. Work problems stay at work young lady! Congratulations on everything! You deserve it girl!

The Teenage Taste June 18, 2011 at 5:18 am

I love your “rambling” posts, Janetha! So random and so much fun!
Congrats on being picked to be a Fitfluential Ambassador! How exciting!
Also, I’m going to check out Jessica’s blog right now. Sounds like a good one!
Have a great weekend! :-D

Lee June 18, 2011 at 6:49 am

I’m going to Mexico on Tuesday which counts as both awesome and a fun trip.

Brittany Meenach June 18, 2011 at 8:08 am

Hey Lady! I too can relate to work drama, as I work for a small yet wonderfully busy heating and air company. It’s a family company and when family and work combine, you know drama will follow :) It’s been crazy being 100 degrees here, but I smile through the frustration and at the end of the day, I feel accomplished, in the fact that I didn’t partake in the craziness. Remember you got the cutest kids in town to make you smile, and a wonderful hubby too! This is getting long so… I love your blog and your amazing!

Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza June 18, 2011 at 8:13 am

Lovin’ the energy in here! I’m glad you are feeling GOOD! :)

Congrats on Fitfluential! What a great opportunity!

Something awesome in my life…I’m just livin’ the dream and I can’t complain about anything! I’m having fun, loving everyone around me..I know, I sound like a 60’s hippy, but it’s true :)

momma b. June 18, 2011 at 9:43 am

Wahoo jessica has a blog! Another great one to add to my favorites!
Super post sort of like when you smile the world smiles back! I tried it on my trip guess what…..everyone smiled back… now that’s awesome :)
xo

elise June 18, 2011 at 11:06 am

soooo, im not sure if you remembered this but kyle HATES pickles (and all things vinegar, dill, zucchini, cucumber, etc.). its a childhood trauma that he will probably never recover from. so when i just told him about your friends blog, his response was “YESSSS! now thats a blog i can get behind” – hahaha.

the difference between them, though, is kyle would NEVER let pickles enter our apartment. and we would have to move if i dropped them on the floor. and he’d probably puke when he saw the spilled pickles. oy. i used to like pickles too! i dont think ive had one in 7 years…

Karen June 18, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Congrats on being selected a FitFluential Ambassador!! What a great opportunity! Love all the Natalie Dee cartoons!

Pure2raw twins June 18, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Congrats on FitFluential! They contacted us a few weeks ago, and we totally forgot and where unsure of what it exactly was, but now seeing you describe it a little more…we will join :) thanks! xoxo

Lenna June 20, 2011 at 6:20 am

Congrats on being the ambassador!! They chose the right girl:)

April June 23, 2011 at 4:23 am

Penny and Randy are awesome. I love them and they aren’t even mine.

I wish I wasn’t so busy so I could be involved in FitFluential :(