vegetable beef stew.
crock pots have to be one of the greatest inventions ever. seriously. they make dinner so easy!
this is my mom’s special stew recipe. it is really simple. you could easily make it vegan by omitting the beef (and make sure to use a vegan worcestershire sauce and omit the mccormick seasoning packet). you may want to add some beans for protein, or just keep it as a vegetable stew.
into the pot:
- 1 lb grass fed lean beef cut into chunks for stew (i buy mine precut)
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can low sodium all natural chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can of water (fill up one of the above cans)
- 5-7 stalks of celery, diced
- 15-20 baby carrots, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 4 small (fist size) russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 packet mccormick slow cooker beef stew seasoning
- 3 TB worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 TB dried basil
- a few dashes of franks red hot sauce (optional, to taste)
- salt & black pepper, to taste
put it all in the pot, stir it up and set it to low for 8 hours.
dish up and devour with peanut butter toast.
this recipe makes 6 big servings, you can freeze them for another day!
here is the nutrition info based on one serving:
xo. janetha g.