recipe adapted from the eating for life cookbook.
- 20 ounces lean ground turkey breast
- 1 (14.5 oz) can roasted garlic & onion diced tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 1 (10 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 TB fresh basil
- egg white noodles
1. spray a pan with pam and saute minced garlic & diced onion in a medium pan until the onions begin to get translucent.
2. add diced red bell pepper, saute until peppers become soft.
3. add diced squash & zucchini, saute until all veggies are soft.
4. removed veggies from pan, add ground turkey and cook until brown.
5. add veggies back into pan with browned turkey.
6. add chopped basil, canned tomatoes and tomato sauce. mix well.
7. serve over egg noodles (or other noodle of choice). mixture is also good by itself or in a wrap.
nutrition information (without noodles) per serving: 181 calories, 6g fat, 12g carbohydrates, 22g protein