spinach turkey muffins.
- 20 oz lean ground turkey breast
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 egg whites
- 1 package knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- cumin, thyme, salt & pepper to taste (eyeballed it all)
mix ingredients together with your hand.. classy ;)
once it is mixed:
plop 1/12 of the mixture into each one of my silicone baking cups. LOVE this muffin tray. no cooking spray necessary. i highly recommend silicone mats/baking cups/etc!
baked at 350 degrees [f] for 45 minutes.
each muffin works out to be about 90 calories, 12g protein, 4g carbs and 3.5g fat. not bad!