i must say, it is hard to replicate some baked goods and make them vegan. but these brownies are by far the best ones i have made as far as vegan brownies go! plus they were super quick and i had all the ingredients on hand already. love that!
i got the recipe from vegweb.com.
- 1/2 cup + 1 1/2 cups flour (i used all purpose, but you can use whole wheat or a mix of both)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- combine 1/2 cup flour and water in saucepan, bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly
- when mixture turns into a liquidy paste, remove from heat and set aside to let cool
- combine sugars, vanilla, salt, cocoa and oil. mix well.
- add flour paste mixture. mix well.
- add remaining 1 1/2 cup flour, baking powder and chocolate chips.
- pour into 8” x 12” greased baking pan.
- bake at 350 degrees [f] for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.