i adapted this lasagna from rachael ray’s recipe that can be found here. her recipe is on the fattening side and so i just used her tomatillo recipe and made the rest up on my own.
- 1.25 lb ground turkey
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups corn, frozen
- 1 can diced green chiles
- cumin to taste
- coriander to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10-14 tomatillos
- 4 avocados
- juice of 1-2 limes
- large handful cilantro
- drizzle of honey
- jalapeno, diced, to taste
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 package whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 lb colby jack cheese, shredded
- put onion and green pepper in skillet, let cook until they soften a bit.
- add ground turkey to skillet, let brown.
- add corn and green chiles to skillet, stir together and warm through.
- meanwhile, in another skillet, place olive oil over medium high heat and add 1/2 red onion and jalapeno.
- place tomatillos and cilantro in food processor, mix well
- add mixture to onion & jalapeno, replace food processor canister
- place avocado, lime juice and honey in food processor, mix well
- add avocado mixture to tomatillo sauce, mix well
- in a 13×9 baking dish, layer one layer of tortillas
- add layer of turkey mixture
- add layer of tomatillo sauce
- add layer of cheese
- repeat this process one more time so you have 2 complete layers
- bake at 400 degrees [f] for about 10 minutes, until dish is warm through and cheese is melted
- garnish with sour cream, olives and lettuce
- delicious served alongside spanish pilaf! this one was made using a box of spanish rice, a can of diced fire smoked tomatoes and a can of black beans. very simple!