this dessert is a great change from your run of the mill chocolate treats.. a fruity kick of lemon combined with the sweetness of sugar make these bars ultra addicting!
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups butter (3 sticks)
- optional: chopped almonds or walnuts (i opted out)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 eggs
- 10 Tb fresh lemon juice
- powdered sugar for dusting
- cream crust ingredients together.
- press dough onto 11″ x 17″ ungreased baking sheet.
- bake at 350 degrees (fahrenheit) for 15 minutes.
- edges will be light brown, set aside to cool.
- mix sugar & flour together, then add eggs & lemon juice.
- pour mixture onto cooled crust
- bake at 350 degrees (fahernheit) for 18 to 20 minutes. it will not look done but any longer and it will be too hard.
- remove from oven and let cool.
- dust with powdered sugar.
- cut into squares and enjoy!