fettuccine alfredo with veggies & chicken meatballs.
- 4 chicken, spinach & fontina meatballs (i buy them at costco. alternatively, find another meatball that has about 110 calories/15g protein per 4 balls)
- 3/4 cup steamed vegetables (i used the normandy blend at costco)
- 1 cup (dry) carba nada fettuccine noodles (the can be purchased here if you can’t find them locally)
- 2 laughing cow light cheese wedges
- 1/8 cup of milk (any type, i used almond milk)
- cornstarch+water mixture to thicken
- italian spices, salt & pepper
- a fork!
i finally found some carba nada pasta locally! for all you utahns, i found it at “the store”. you know, the grocery store that is called “the store”. it is on 62nd south and highland drive.
boil your noodles and set them aside, then get to work on your “alfredo”~
for the “alfredo”, i simply mixed 2 laughing cow wedges + 1/8 cup silk almond milk in a saucepan with salt, pepper and dried italian spices.
make sure to heat the sauce on low so the milk doesn’t scorch! i did add a little cornstarch (mixed with water) to thicken the sauce.
steam your veggies and then throw it all together!
top it with 4 spinach & fontina chicken meatballs for some added protein. voilà!
total dish = 315 calories, 10g fat, 25g carbs & 29g protein.
healthy? YEP. who knew?!