easy italian pasta salad.
this is something you can throw together in a matter of 15 minutes and take to a party. super simple and delicious!
- 2 cans black olives
- 1 large cucumber, peeled & diced
- about 20 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced into halfl moons
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 24 ounces of pasta (i used tricolor)
- 1 bottle of your favorite italian dressing (creamy style is best!)
- 1-2 cups grated parmesan cheese
first i combined black olives, grape tomatoes and diced cucumber.
next i blanched some carrots, zucchini and yellow squash.
meanwhile, i had some tricolor pasta boiling. i drained the pasta and cooled it off with some cold water.
then i mixed it all together with some italian dressing that was bottled locally at granato’s, a delicious deli here in town.
and last, but certainly not least.. i added copious amounts of parmigiano-reggiano cheese!
marshall ended up eating a few bowlfuls of this before we even left to the party! it was definitely a winner of a pasta salad.