- 15 oz can garbanzo beans (peeled if you have the patience)
- reserved liquid from the can of beans (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 TB lemon juice
- 1 TB tahini
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil, divided
- smoked paprika, for dusting
1. combine beans, lemon juice tahini, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a food processor.
2. add 1/2 TB olive oil along with enough reserved liquid to make it the consistency you desire.
3. place hummus in a bowl, top with remaining 1/2 TB of oil and dust with paprika.
4. eat immediately with pita chips, veggies, your finger… or place in fridge until you are ready to eat.