chicken & white bean salsa soup.
this recipe is simple and healthy.. and maybe the best part: you make it in your slow cooker! i have become obsessed with throwing a slew of ingredients into my crock pot before work and coming home to a hot, delicious meal~without the fuss.
this entire recipe cost me $8. it serves 4 to 6 people, depending on your appetite~that is only $1.50 to $2 per serving! gotta love a thrifty meal.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- one 14 oz can low sodium chicken broth
- 12 oz frozen corn
- one 15 oz can white beans
- one 16 oz jar thick & chunky salsa
- one onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1.5 TB cumin
- salt & pepper
- throw everything into the slow cooker.
- stir it all up.
- cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- come home from work & the gym and eat!
nutrition information per serving (based on 6 servings): 219 calories, 24g protein, 22g carbohydrates, 4g fat a protein/carb/fat ratio of 43/40/17