delicious and nutritious. just how i like it.
- 1 lb organic boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 oz whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, chopped
season your chicken with salt and pepper.
roll your chicken in the egg wash and then the bread crumbs and place on a baking sheet that is sprayed with nonstick oil.
bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. just before you remove the chicken from the oven, sprinkle it with the cheese and put it back in for a few moments so it melts.
for the sauce..
chop your onion.
throw the onion into a pan with your tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
season with salt and pepper.
let simmer for awhile.. until the onions are tender.
when everything is done cooking, assemble it! this recipe makes four servings.. so just take a fourth of everything and put it on your plate. make some broccoli for good measure.
here are the stats per serving:
xo. janetha g.