whew! what a whirlwind of a week it has been. between it being our busiest season at work, caring for fox, dialing in all the paperwork and negotiations for buying a home and selling ours, packing to move, starting a boot camp, and a couple birthday celebrations.. i have been one busy bee.
but, i decided i’m going to take five and give you a list of five.. because we all could use a break every once in awhile! then it will be back to busy business as usual.
so! a list of five random things, in no particular order, because organizing and getting things in order has been my main focus lately, and i am ready to let that go. also, that was the longest run on sentence.
1. we went to proper to celebrate amber’s birthday. it was fun and delicious. i had my very first order of chicken and waffles last night! can’t believe i went 32+ years without trying it. i loved it! i am into the whole sweet and savory thing, so this hit the spot.
2. like i said above, i started a boot camp. i am doing paige’s online boot camp, and i am four days in. after three workouts in a row (haven’t made it to today’s).. i am beat! haha. i actually slept through fox crying the other night. good thing that kid has two parents. so far, i’ve done an upper body workout, a lower body workout, and HIIT. guys, i can’t even move! in a good way.
i love that the majority of the workouts can be done at home with the few kettlebells and dumbbells i have. i did go to the gym for HIIT on the treadmill, simply because i went after fox’s bedtime, and running outside in the dark sounded miserable. but the upper and lower body workouts i did at home! all while fox watched. :)
and then he wandered off at the end of one of the workouts.. and i found him putting dirt from the potted house plant into his car. it needs a detail!
3. when i did go to the gym, i FINALLY had the chance to wear my soybu outfit! they were a sponsor at blend this year, and they reached out to see if i wanted to try their gear and give some away. yes! absolutely! except i wasn’t working out.. at all.. haha. but now that i am back in the saddle, i immediately tried it. super impressed with the fit and quality of the items! i will be doing a review and giveaway here in the next millennium. ;)
4. marshall and i had a date night this past weekend. we saw sicario (such a good movie! but very intense!) and went to mellow mushroom for dinner. we love mellow mushroom already, but we were invited to try their newest menu item: burgers!
the burgers (one beef, one veggie) are on the menu temporarily, but i am REALLY hoping they stay on the menu. it was such a delicious burger, the garlic aioli really made it shine.
marshall and i are big burger people, we have our few places we go, and often rate each burger against the other. the mellow mushroom carnie burger is definitely in the top three, and that’s saying a lot! thanks to mellow mushroom for having us.
5. saved the best for last! fox got his first haircut!!
his hair was out of control, all different lengths and super shaggy. the back was like a brillo pad, he had rubbed it ragged and it needed to go. my lovely hair stylist, whit, gave him a sweet new ‘do.
so handsome, and grown up!
love that little bug.
well, five is all i have! i need to get packing, we move next week and i am very, very, very underprepared.
i will be back again when i can, and more consistently when the dust settles!
1. have you had/do you like chicken & waffles?
2. do you work out at home, the gym, outside, a mix of something?
xo. janetha g.