hey, hi, hello!

by Janetha on July 17, 2015

in love life

man, oh, man. i have been a busy bee. how do people with full time jobs and kids manage to blog? or exercise? or shower? it’s beyond me.

another week has flown by! how is july already more than halfway over?!

today is a special day! it’s my fifth wedding anniversary! here are a few fun wedding photos, i love taking a trip down memory lane.

Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah fun fact: today is also national peach ice cream day, so we served vanilla bean ice cream (my favorite dessert) with fresh peaches (my favorite fruit) at the wedding!

looking back, it seems like i have been married forever.. but, at the same time, these five years have flown. SO much has changed in the past half-decade. first of all.. how different do we look now compared to those photos?! marshall’s hair is like 237 feet longer, now. marshall and i have learned and grown a lot. our relationship is happy and healthy and awesome. and, well, the most obvious change.. our little dude!

it’s safe to say this is the best anniversary yet. we usually go on a trip for our anniversary, but not this year. we are sticking close to home and will celebrate with dinner out tomorrow.

speaking of dinner out, i tried a new salt lake city restaurant the other night! we were out celebrating mands’ 21st birthday. ;)

current fish & oyster is an upscale restaurant located in the heart of downtown salt lake city, on broadway and third.

we started with tasty crab cakes. i loved the asparagus salad and the lemon aioli.

i had a salmon burger for my entree, mainly because i wanted french fries. i am sad to say that the burger was on the salty side, but the fries were excellent.

we also shared some oyster shooters, which i really loved!

happy birthday to my mands! love you.

some other fun i had this week was yesterday with jess & stevie! we headed to liberty park’s little stream & pond area to splash around.

let me tell you, this was WAY better than going to the pool! for lots of reasons. for one, the area is super shaded. so much cooler to be in the shade rather than the scorching sun. second, we didn’t have to go to the trouble of getting our suits on.. just the babies did. then we could stand in the pools and watch them while they played. and third, it’s free.. so that’s always nice!

after splashing around, we played in the grass. it was such a nice day!

other happenings of the week include this salad, almost every day…

romaine, cucumbers, goat cheese, garbanzo beans (do you call them chickpeas? i never do!), grilled chicken, and a hard boiled egg. drizzles with creamy balsamic dressing. so good!

i got my lashes filled.. the best. if you need eyelash extensions, go to jackee at the beauty bar!

side note.. i really want to get my tattoo removed. it needs to happen.

hmm.. what else?

i got these fun, breezy pants that have snakes on them. they are rebel8 brand. i love that they are dressy-ish, but feel like pajamas. i am also wearing them in the dinner photo above.

speaking of clothes.. i scheduled 1 year photos for fox (and we will get some family pics, as well) and i just ordered him this cute outfit from h&m for the photos!

here are the links for the shirt, shorts, and shoes. hoping the shoes fit on his chubby feet! i am not sure if it’s a little too preppy or matchy matchy, haha, but i think it’s cute and he will obviously make it look good. ;) now to figure out what marshall and i will wear. family photos aren’t my favorite thing to plan!

i am also working on planning fox’s first birthday. WHAT?! how is that already upon us?? crazy, crazy. i have decided to not follow any theme or anything.. just get some decorations, balloons, and yummy food. those pinterest-inspired birthday parties are sooo cute, but a little too much for this mama. i don’t have time for that.

i also don’t have time for the gym, apparently, because i haven’t been once this week. actually, i have been a total of two times in july. i am failing miserably at my fitness. i get off work and i just want to hang with my kid! i don’t know how to do it all. but i think we will go for a family hike tomorrow to celebrate our anniversary, since that’s something we can do all together. it should be fun.

that’s all the updates i have for today! i hope your weekend is super awesome. chat soon.. or later.. who knows, with me!

1. do you call them garbanzo beans or chickpeas?

2. weekend plans?

jess July 17, 2015 at 8:50 pm

chickpeas! I kind of hate the name garbanzo beans. so chickpeas it is.

Alyssa @ Sweetly Tattered July 17, 2015 at 9:23 pm

I think I go back and forth but I usually call them chickpeas. :)

Momma b July 17, 2015 at 10:17 pm

Love your breezy pants!
Love Marshall’s 423 feet of hair!
Love Fox!
Love you!
Garbanzo beans….chickpeas?!?
Play, work a little and play some more with all of my kids!!

Lindsay July 17, 2015 at 10:35 pm

Ok so I need to know why you want to get your tattoo removed….i’m getting one there soon and I need to know why. I worry too much, lol!

Janetha July 30, 2015 at 9:32 am

I have never been a big fan of tattoos, this one I got in the heat of the moment after my dog died. Now it just seems so silly. Sure, I loved that dog, but to have her name tattooed on me is just kinda dumb (in my opinion!) I just wish I had never gotten it. To each their own, I just advise you to REALLY want it before you get it! Things might change and you will be like.. crap.. that’s permanent.

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine July 18, 2015 at 5:37 am

Chickpeas! So much better, easier, and cuter ;)

lindsay July 18, 2015 at 6:09 am

happy 5 years to you two! you should see us way back when. um 7 1/2 years ago. We were babies. well like 25. haha.

p.s I barely have time to shower and i don’t have kids. So you get major props

Love you! and LOVE FOX

Janetha July 30, 2015 at 9:31 am

Thank you! Love you! Hope your bday was fab xoxo

Stephanie @ Wholesome Paradise July 18, 2015 at 10:53 am

Oh. My. Gosh! Little kid clothes are so darn cute! Why can’t adult clothes be that adorable? And a very happy anniversary to you and Marshall.

Janetha July 30, 2015 at 9:30 am

Thank you! I know, I totally agree.. also, kid clothes just always fit! I wish I could just order stuff online knowing it would look cute on me, haha.

RainStorm July 18, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Happy anniversary!

Have never heard of garbanzo beans! Here they are just chickpeas :)

I’m enjoying a three day weekend:
Fri – relaxing, incl lazy lunch and afternoon snooze
Sat – work on firework show
Sun – go for a fly in friend’s light aircraft

I do love being busy!

Sara @ Oats & Rows July 19, 2015 at 8:36 am

Chickpeas for sure!

This weekend, I took a little staycation with my mama. Nothing a little shopping and wine can’t fix!

Happy anniversary!!

betty July 20, 2015 at 9:59 am

eeek that picture outfit! i cannot wait to dress a little human!! you hate your tattoo that much?! and those pants! i need them!

Janetha July 30, 2015 at 9:30 am

Yeah I mean I dunno.. it’s like.. my dog, who I loved, but I hate tattoos.. and to have one of the dog I shared with my ex is just kinda dumb to me. It was a heat of the moment kind of thing, and now that I have a human child.. I’m like.. duh. lol.

Dottie (@crazyfitmommy) July 21, 2015 at 9:15 am

Definitely chickpeas!
I’m taking the hubby and some friends to a little cabin for the weekend to celebrate hubby’s birthday, so I’m hoping for a super relaxing weekend. :)

Megan (Braise The Roof) July 21, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Happy anniversary! Time really does fly. Of course you haven’t made it to the gym much – you are a busy lady and you are just prioritizing! If you were making it to the gym a ton I would wonder if you had invented a time machine and weren’t telling us. ;) The outfit you picked out for Fox is adorable. I don’t think it’s too matchy at all!

Janetha July 30, 2015 at 9:29 am

Aww thank you! xoxo

Alyssa July 21, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Happy anniversary! I love wedding pictures. Yours are beautiful! We just celebrated our 7 year – crazy! And my sister just made my little man a ONE onesie for his bday in sept…noooooo! Time needs to SLOW DOWN for real.

Janetha July 30, 2015 at 9:29 am

7 years! Congrats!

Jamie July 22, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I can’t believe you’ve been married for 5 years and that I remember reading your blog when you got married! Congrats! Also, Fox is such a cutie :). (PS I had a short-lived blog called beauty and the beef, in case that rings a bell!)

Janetha July 30, 2015 at 9:26 am

Of course it does! Thanks for commenting, Jamie! xoxo

Martin McAlister July 23, 2015 at 6:33 am

You are a great mom ! All the best wishes !