midweek rambles.

by Janetha on May 27, 2015

in meals,moves,random rambles

hey! already wednesday, don’t you just love short work weeks?!

while i had the best intentions to post sooner than this, life got the best of me.. nothing wrong with that! i thought i would pop in and say hey before too much more time snuck by. (and, i promise, i have lots of clueless-first-time-mom-series posts “in the works” right now.. just not ready to publish! including breastfeeding, sleep coaching, postpartum exercising, and gear we loved 6-9 months!)

this work week has been rather uneventful so far.. if i showed you my meals they would all look like this morning’s breakfast.. eaten at my desk out of paper bowls/plates with a side of coffee and work. i am such a bad food blogger now days!

there was a time when i thought about food and food blogging all the time! i even announced the national food holiday on my facebook page daily. now i couldn’t tell you what national food holiday it is if you paid me. but i can tell you that yesterday was national paper airplane day! haha.. marshall informed me and also sent me this cute photo of fox celebrating.

he’s cute.

although.. yesterday’s lunch was pretty fancy! so, i should share it, even though it was on a paper plate.

that’s sizzlefish coho salmon marinated in mrs. dash garlic & herb marinade, roasted asparagus, and this yummy brown rice & quinoa (microwavable) blend that i found at costco. pretty awesome for a work lunch! i am glad we have a full kitchen there.

so.. how about i ramble about this past weekend? it was so nice to have a little down time since it was a three day weekend.

we were able to take a walk along bountiful boulevard on monday afternoon. we walked by the cemetery and took some time to reflect on what memorial day is really about. hopefully you all had a chance to do the same!

we hung around the house for most of the weekend, stayed in our PJs, cuddled up, and played in the driveway while there was a little bit of sunshine. most of the weekend was pretty rainy!

but we did get out of the house for a couple get togethers on sunday and monday. fox has a pretty small wakeful window still, so we didn’t stay too long.. but it was nice to see our friends and hang out! we ate delicious food, but, like i said up there, i fail at food blogging these days.. so here are more photos of my baby.

at one of said get togethers, fox fell in love with this car thing and now i am convinced he needs one! he had so much fun “driving”.

something else i did over the weekend was sign up for a gym membership again!

i had let my gold’s membership expire because i never went. i still have a GPP membership and i prefer GPP workouts.. but, unfortunately, their class times have been impossible for me to get to with how my schedule is. sad.

i have been noticing my fitness level getting worse and worse.. so i decided it was time to finally do something about it! i got a vasa membership because it’s close to my house and their hours are 4am-midnight, so i can’t really use time as an excuse not to go. since my membership lapsed, gold’s turned into vasa and it is actually a lot nicer now. they got a bunch of new equipment including medicine balls, battle ropes, lots of kettlebells and these new treadmills with BUILT IN FANS!

those fans seriously make running so much better! it’s the little things, right?

i was kind of at a loss when it came to what workouts to do at the gym. i am used to being told what to do at GPP. sometimes i like to do the GPP workouts offsite, but more often than not.. the workouts are set up in a way where it’s difficult to do them at a gym like vasa. (like the rower is upstairs and the free weights are downstairs and the area to jumprope is in a totally different spot than either of those.. ya know what i mean?)

sooo.. since i really didn’t know WHAT to do, i went back to my roots and did a body for life workout. and then i did another one the next day. and another one the day after that. and i remembered just how much i enjoy the quickness and efficiency of body for life workouts! i am toying with the idea of doing a full 12 weeks of them again, like i did way back when.

i asked on instagram what you guys are loving for workouts. a lot of people mentioned the 21 day fix or kayla itsines. however.. those both cost money. and i just spent money on a gym membership, haha. so i would ideally like to just do something free. plus, with all the free programs out there, i don’t see the point in paying for one. paying for supplements i am OK with.. paying for workout ideas? nah. so, yeah.. maybe i will do body for life workouts, or something off bodybuilding.com (that’s where i found jamie eason’s livefit trainer back in the day.)

but, whatever i choose, i want to pick it and stick to it! i am sick of being so dang out of shape and the only person who can change that is me. i do SO much better when i have a plan to follow.. i like the structure of it rather than flying by the seat of my pants every time i walk into the gym. i have made it to the gym FOUR days in a row.. that hasn’t happened in, well, over a year and a half at least! so clearly i am on a mission, ha.

ok! workout rambles over. actually.. rambles in general are probably over… i am just hanging out right now while fox takes his third nap of the day. it’s been pretty long lately, which is good for him but bad for me.. since this is the time i am off work and would like to be playing with him! but, i know the boy needs his shut eye. and at least it gave me a chance to ramble, right?

since i don’t have much more to say, so i will call it good and hit publish! have a great rest of your week, and hopefully i will be back again sooner rather than later.

1. do you follow a workout plan or make it up on the fly? what are some plans you have done and love?

2. what did you have for lunch?

Christy May 27, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Treadmills with fans are amazing. I used to lug a little Wal-mart fan to the gym, plug it in to the wall and run an extension cord. Probably not the safest but nobody said anything. :P

Fox is adorable. I think he and my guy are just a month apart.

Carbzilla May 27, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Fox is SO cute!

There are a lot of great workout circuits on Pinterest. I have some pinned though I haven’t done a single one. I need to get on it but have had major pain in one of my shoulders.

Jessica May 27, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Since I love to run, I download apps like couch25k, Jeff Galloway race training, and runkeeper. They have lots of interval workouts to play around with.

momma b. May 27, 2015 at 6:09 pm

I just love your rambles especially when they include a good dose of my sweet Fox man!! xoxo

I follow YOUR workout plan, so get with it and sign me up, haha!

You’ll die – I had a soft meat burrito from Taco Time – talk about going back to my roots!!!

I love you and all that you do for me!! xoxo

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List May 27, 2015 at 8:56 pm

you are just THE BEST, momma b.

Meighan May 27, 2015 at 8:37 pm

You should download the Nike Training Club app! Awesome workouts, you pick what type of workout in the mood for and how long, and boom, go time :)

Julie May 27, 2015 at 10:49 pm

At least you place your lunch on plates, mine are in Tupperware. :(

Adrienne May 27, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Everytime you post I just think Fox is the CUTEST!!
Have you checked out darebee.com? Many free workout programs! All levels. I think it’s a nonprofit.

betty May 28, 2015 at 7:19 am

body for life is just so easy! when i do have a plan i always choose that as a workout! plus you cant be 30-45 minutes max in the gym!

Stacey May 28, 2015 at 8:01 am

I know what you mean with a workout plan – I am 4 months postpartum and need a plan to follow as well. Each night after Lena goes to sleep I workout in our basement. Currently I’ve been doing Insanity since we already own it and 2-3 nights each week after I’m done I add in a weight circuit as well. I do skip the warm-up stretching since it adds a good 6-7 minutes to each workout since I’m always short on time.
I’ll have to look at Body for Life because I know here soon I’ll be ready for a change! I have to be honest though and mention I really miss group fitness and my friends. A new season of life though calls for change…

Katy Taylor May 28, 2015 at 11:27 am

What about the Post Baby Jamie Eason workout she just made?? Its on bodybuilding.com : )

Katy Taylor May 28, 2015 at 11:29 am

Also do you have a link for the 12 week body for life plan?? I like quick and effective : ) The Jamie Eason 1hr workouts dont fit my lifestyle right now.

Rachel May 28, 2015 at 11:42 am

Treadmills with fans are a game changer. You’re definitely not alone there!

I love the website “Do Yoga With Me” because it offers a TON of free yoga videos for all levels. But I seem to remember that you don’t love yoga. I don’t belong to a gym because I have access to two pretty great gyms for free at home and at work, so I like to write out what I’m going to do for the week on a Sunday. That way I feel like I have a routine and I’m not coming up with it on the fly each day. Just an idea :)

Corrie Anne May 28, 2015 at 2:42 pm

I feel the same. I’ve been struggling to make it to set CrossFit class times so I’m tempted to join another gym. We’ll see what happens.

your baby is beautiful as always. <3

Emily May 28, 2015 at 7:31 pm

I’ve been mostly working out at home since James was born. I’ve been able to get in pretty decent sessions even though we don’t have a ton of equipment. I’ll usually do 4 sets of 4 super sets with tabatas every second set (ex: chest press on stability ball, tori kickbacks x 2, 60 mountain climbers, repeat). We just have 20,15 and 10 lb Dumbbells. Best investment ever. I’d be happy to share more if you’d like. I get to the gym about twice a week and have been able to get back into running a bit too!

Ashley May 28, 2015 at 7:34 pm

OMG I couldn not live without bodyrock, fitness blender or Melissa Bender (no relation to fitness blender) and the best part…..THEY ARE ALL FREE!!! I look up a workout the night before and take it to the gym with me.

Becky @ TheBexFactor May 29, 2015 at 12:45 pm

I prefer to have a plan – something to keep me accountable and take the thinking out of my workouts.

Abby May 31, 2015 at 10:48 am

Even though it’s not super exciting (and doesn’t involve the gym) have you thought about the Jillian “30 Day Shred” or “Ripped in 30” DVDs to do at home in just 30 minutes on days when you REALLY can’t get to the gym? They’re cheap and great for a fill-in…

Janetha June 2, 2015 at 2:15 pm

I have tried those! I absolutely hate workout DVDs, I decided. Lol. If I can’t get to the gym, I just make something up at home with our kettlebells.

CARLA June 1, 2015 at 3:40 am

so far it’s working.
I think? :-)

Kristen June 3, 2015 at 4:56 am

It is so much easier to work out solo than in a class when you have a little person!
Unfortunately I’ve paid for all my programs except for BFL so no suggestions. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do.

Jen@Jpabstfitness June 3, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Dang, Fox is so adorable!!! Post partum fitness is a mind crap shoot. i’m just over a year after having my 4th and feel like i’m finally able to be consistent. best of luck!!!

www.Portugal-pratique.com June 19, 2015 at 6:18 pm

This method differs from metal sintering procedures which proceed below the melting point of the material.
In 2050, your Christmas gifts from your grandkids will probably be something made from a 3D printer.
Many common products can easily be printed like this, from simple children’s toys to cutlery
and crockery, decorative items, phone cases and many more.