my whole day.

by Janetha on April 8, 2015

in day job,meals,moves

hello! hallelujah, we have made it over halfway through the work week. i thought i would tell you about my whole day since it’s been a hot minute since i did one of these posts. now, don’t get too excited, my life isn’t super happening.. but it is what it is, and i love it!

things started out bright and early at 1:42 AM when i heard fox yelling at me from his nursery.

NewImage

little dude was hungry! so i nursed him while playing on my phone (with the dim setting on, otherwise fox would see it and get distracted and wake all the way up) and then went back to bed around 2 AM.

he was shouting for us again around 4 AM, but marshall fed him that time and i stayed in bed. i heard him again around 5.. knowing he wasn’t hungry.. so i knew he was up to his usual tricks of trying to be an early riser. i got up and was able to pat him back to sleep, but by the time 6 rolled around.. he was babbling again. he hates sleeping in!

we got up and started getting ready. marshall fed the pups and i played with fox for a bit. marshall left for work and i hopped in the shower while fox played in his play pen.

NewImage

i made a double k-cup of coffee (because 8 ounces is not enough)…

NewImage

…and then tried to decide which elli quark i wanted to try first!

NewImage

elli quark is kinda like greek yogurt, but not. it is actually cheese! weird, huh? it is a fresh cheese that is high in protein, has no added sugar or artificial sweeteners, and comes in twelve awesome flavors like salted caramel and mint chocolate. it has 80-90 calories per 6 ounces, so it’s less caloric than greek yogurt. they sent me all the flavors to try, but you can find it in their online shop.

i picked the vanilla bean (duh) and then finished packing up the rest of mine and fox’s stuff for the day. he got to go to work with me today! i have him on wednesdays until the end of april, and then my nanny will take over. soaking him up while i can!

i gave penny and randy their daily carrots—they always get a few when i leave for work. they knew it was carrot time.

NewImage

once i got to the office i did my morning routine…

NewImage

…and fox played on his laptop. he’s gotta work if he’s gonna come to the office!

NewImage

i headed down to the kitchen and made breakfast. i had two eggs scrambled with cheese and frank’s, the vanilla bean elli quark with some granola, and an energy bite my friend amanda gave me. it was so good!

NewImage

after breakfast i nursed fox and got back to work. the plan was to take a break at 11 to go to story time at the library with jessica and her babe. well, fox had other plans. since he had taken a four minute nap and that was it for sleep since 6 AM (literally 4 minutes.. he fell asleep in the car when i was almost to work) i decided he better have a nap instead of have fun. he fell asleep right as i should have been leaving for the library. fail.

NewImage

we made up for it later and met jessica and her little lady for lunch at the soup kitchen. i totally forgot i was documenting my whole day and started eating my food before snapping a photo. i am real good at eating super fast these days!

NewImageNewImage

i had a turkey, bacon & swiss sandwich, tomato soup, and breadsticks. fox had an orange and a rice husk and then decided to be bored with the lunch date.

NewImage

haha.. he was actually just super tired since his nap had only been 30 minutes, but he definitely looked unenthused with the whole situation. funny guy.

i snagged a dr. pepper before leaving the soup kitchen because i can’t stop drinking that stuff these days. oops.

NewImage

once i got back i nursed fox, did some more work, and then headed down to the main office so fox could play with amanda and wait for marshall to arrive.

NewImage

it’s so nice when marshall gets done with his job earlier in the day so he can hang out with fox. although i am secretly jealous about how much he loves to cuddle up to his daddy.

so cute!

NewImage

marshall took fox home and i finished up my work for the day before heading home around 5 PM.

when i got home, i learned that fox had basically said screw naps and only took about a thirty minute one. sweet.. that’s about 64 minutes of sleep since 6 AM. oy. at least he was happy! i nursed him and we played for awhile before i got to work on dinner.

NewImage

i snacked on these awesome spicy & sweet pecans from trader joe’s. love ’em.

NewImage

i made the asian turkey meatballs from skinny taste. i followed her recipe aside from the fact that i added hoison sauce to the dipping sauce. fun fact: my mac just autocorrected “hoison” to “poison”.. i assure you, i didn’t poison the sauce. i steamed some jasmine rice to go with the meatballs because who wants to eat noodles made from zucchini like the recipe suggested? not me.

NewImage

i have made these meatballs before, years ago, and am glad i remembered them! they are really delicious and super quick & easy. start to finish under twenty minutes.

NewImage

fox had a little bit of a meatball and his favorite: avocado.

NewImage

after dinner we gave fox a bath and did his bedtime routine and then put him down for the night.

after fox went to bed, i decided i should probably work out since it had been over a week. yesterday i had super good intentions to work out. i put on my gym clothes and headed to gold’s. i walked in, scanned my bar code, and headed to the free weights.. but i got chased down by the employee. he told me my membership expired in november. ummm.. oops? i have definitely been to the gym since november. granted, probably only 5 or 6 times, but i’ve been, nonetheless. i guess they never noticed my membership had expired when i’d scan my code.. their bad. i decided against signing up for a new membership right away, because i want to see if there’s anything else more appealing before i commit. so instead i went to the store and grabbed a few things and headed home.

anyway, that whole story was to tell you that tonight i decided to do an at home workout! it was too late to go to GPP since their last class is at 5:45 (i still have a membership there).. so a home workout it was. i didn’t feel like busting out any equipment, so i did this little body weight workout and called it good. it was surprisingly challenging.. probably because i’ve been a slacker.

NewImage

i just finished that and typed this post up. i am sure there will be some cereal in my future, or maybe one of those tasty sounding flavors of quark. we’ll see. and then i gotta get to bed so i can do this whole thing all over again tomorrow.. except an hour and a half earlier since i go to work early on thursdays and fridays (so i can pick fox up from his sitter on time and actually see him for a bit before his bedtime! sucks to be a working mom.)

whelp, that was my wednesday! hope yours was fun filled. check ya later!

1. do you have a gym membership?

2. are you an early riser or do you like to sleep in (if you have the choice)?

Lee April 9, 2015 at 5:32 am

What time does Fox go to bed? I’m impressed that you are able to work out after he does. I always just want to sink into the couch!

Janetha April 9, 2015 at 7:08 am

Well, like I said… It was the first time in over a week. I have a hard time finding the motivation and energy, and so I usually just don’t. But I am also super sick of being out of shape, so I am going to start trying harder! We start his bath time around 630 or 645 and then just however long it takes, he is usually in bed asleep by 715 or 730.

Alyssa April 9, 2015 at 8:23 am

SO jealous he gets to come to work with you! I quit my gym membership in September when my kiddo came along and now just do at home workouts or run. Diapers ain’t cheap. I love sleep but I gave it up to have a baby (completely worth it IMO) so now I get up by 5 to do like a 20 minute workout. I could never work out after he goes down. That’s my time to wash bottles, clean the kitchen, then eat as much candy as humanly possible in my 15 minutes of relaxation on the couch before lights out at like 8:30pm. Wild times over here.

Janetha April 9, 2015 at 11:16 am

I am and have never been a morning work out person. I wish I could do it but I have tried and failed so often! Most nights I don’t have time to work out, but I am trying to make it more of a priority because I just feel blah these days.. sitting all day and not sleeping will do that to ya. I am so sad he only has 2 more days at work with me :( I think everyone should always get to take their kids to work, haha.. offices need a built in daycare so you can just visit your kid during work.

Alyssa April 9, 2015 at 8:25 am

Oh and Amen to the caffeine – my SAHM friend was just all like “no coffee! it gets in the breast milk!” and I was like wellllll try being up 5 times a night, up for the day before 5am and then have ten year olds telling you to go to hell (teacher) without caffeine.

Janetha April 9, 2015 at 11:14 am

Haha right?! My pediatrician assured me it’s suuuch a small percentage that actually gets INTO the milk. I am not worried at all!

Therese April 9, 2015 at 8:27 am

Girl, Fox sounds so much like my little guy. The reflux, the early rising, the no napping. I feel you. Noah is 10 months old now and things are marginally better. I don’t want to give unsolicited advice, but shoot me an e-mail if you need an understanding ear! (I want to shoot everyone who’s like hey, just lay him down sleepy but awake and he’ll sleep if he’s tired. They HAVE NO CLUE.)

Janetha April 9, 2015 at 11:13 am

Hahaha so glad to read your comment! You totally get it. I am happy to hear Noah is getting better. Things have been getting better as time goes on.. it’s like night and day compared to months 4-6.. so that’s good. Thank you for your comment! xoxo

Ellie April 9, 2015 at 9:24 am

Fox is so cute!!! My daughter is 7 months old and sleep seems to be a constant struggle and it’s tough to work on naps, etc. since she’s at daycare. I wondered how your work with Tracy Spackman was going? Will you be doing a follow up post on things that have worked/haven’t? Also, love your hair!

Janetha April 9, 2015 at 11:12 am

We actually put the plan on pause because we needed to get him into the crib in order to execute the plan.. and doing it all at once was too overwhelming for both us as parents and for Fox. So now that he is in his crib, we need to do the plan.. but I just haven’t done it yet. It’s a lot of steps and takes a lot of work.. we will likely start it this weekend now that we have a few weekends of downtime after a very busy time for us. I will report back. Thanks for the compliment! xo

Stacey April 9, 2015 at 10:26 am

I am super impressed you can function and get all of that done in a day with little sleep. Our 10 week old sleeps from 730/8pm to 5 AM, eats, then goes back to bed for a few hours. I am still exhausted and I haven’t started back to work yet. I know I need to start working out as well but I’m just not sure I’ll be able to do everything!

Janetha April 9, 2015 at 11:10 am

It’s funny.. you just kind of adapt. Well, at least I did.. I have to work every day so I have no choice but to run on very little sleep.. you will get used to it. Sounds like your baby is a great sleeper though, yay!

Tamara April 9, 2015 at 1:52 pm

J, he is SOOOO cute! I just love his big smile! <3

Those meatballs look incredible…

Marie-Sophie April 9, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Yessss to coffee!! My midwife also assured me it is safe to do (unless you notice that your kiddo shows a sensitivity of course). And SO gunny how “Quark” has arrived in the US! It is called exactly that in Germany and we’be had it forever!! Sooo good! In Germany we don’t really have Greek yogurt (only the 10% fat variety) so I always use Quark as a high protein alternative. We also do our German Cheesecakes with that stuff! :-)

Marie-Sophie April 9, 2015 at 2:12 pm

PS: And MAN, Fox is cute!! My daughter Anni is 5 1/2 months .. maybe Fox would like a date with a German girl someday !?! ;-)

Janetha April 13, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Kristen April 10, 2015 at 10:33 am

We have a membership at a big family fitness center that has kids programs. It’s such a blessing since otherwise I wouldn’t get to go to the gym!
I am definitely a sleep in person! My daughter is 8 now and I promise the sleep thing gets better. I won’t even taunt you with how late I get to sleep on weekends now:-)

Coco April 13, 2015 at 2:07 am

Congrats on the baby. He’s so adorable!!!

Janetha April 13, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Aww thank you! XOXOXO

betty April 13, 2015 at 2:18 pm

i’m tired reading this. ugh. yayy hahah