that’s a whole lot of Cs in the title! i love alliteration. and cereal. and cookies. i had the idea the other day to throw some chocolate chex into the dough of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
i couldn’t get the thought out of my head.. so a few days later, i tried it out.
i am happy to report it was a huge (tasty!) success.
chocolate chex chocolate chip cookies
makes 2 dozen
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups chocolate chex, divided
- preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- in a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. set aside.
- in a mixer, cream together butter and sugars.
- add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- add vanilla. mix well.
- slowly add flour mixture until combined.
- mix in chocolate chips and 1 cup of chex.
- turn off mixer, and fold in remaining cup of chex.
- place balls of dough on ungreased cookie sheet about 1” apart.
- bake for 10-12 minutes, until bottoms are golden.
the texture of the chex inside the cookie was awesome. i am so happy that it worked so well!
i can’t wait to experiment more with cereal and baking. they just go hand in hand!
1. what was the last thing you baked?
2. what is your favorite kind of cereal? and kind of cookie?
xo. janetha g.