ask me anything: woops!

by Janetha on February 18, 2015

in questions answered

so, i have an ask me anything box on my blog and i decided to log into the dashboard because i hadn’t seen activity from it in ages. like.. over a year. i honestly forgot about the box. well, as it turns out, the questions were being asked… but the email notifications had started going to my spam for some reason! woops! so i have a solid year of questions that went unanswered. haha.. hmmm. a lot of them are irrelevant now, so i probably won’t answer them (and the people who asked them may not even be reading my blog anymore) but there are quite a few that i will work on answering over the course of a few posts! sorry about that, if you had asked a question and thought i was ignoring you, i wasn’t.

when i saw this question, i laughed:

Are you ever going to answer these questions? :)

yep! sorry! i didn’t know they were there! answering now.

i had some questions regarding my pregnancy, so i’ll start with those.

How come your view on having kids changed?

well, it didn’t ever change. i knew i wanted kids, we’ve always wanted a family.. but i knew i wasn’t ready for them. you can see i answered a similar question in this post.  the truth is, i have never been very maternal. i am the youngest in my family and was never around babies much. i felt very uncomfortable holding them. i was scared of having a baby of my own!

but years went by and marshall and i got to a place where we wanted to start a family. so we did. and it’s crazy.. the second you hold your OWN baby, you just know how to do it. it really did come naturally and now i LOVE being a mom. best thing ever.

Hi! Personal question, but how long were you trying before getting on Clomid? I’m asking because I ovulate way too late in my cycle, but have only been trying for a few months. Not sure if time will correct this or not. AND It sounds like you had some trouble conceiving. I am too. Can you share your challenges, how long it took, and what you did to overcome them ?

Screen Shot 2013 11 27 at 11 11 10 PM

i had to do a few things before i started clomid. i would say it was about 9 months of other stuff before making the decision to take clomid. first, marshall had to get a procedure done to fix his issues. then i had to get tests done to see what was up with me. once all the things the doctor thought it MIGHT be were ruled out, she had me to really close ovulation tracking (i used the app called fertility friend.) as it turned out, i was ovulating late. that’s why i went on clomid, to fix the timing of my ovulation. luckily it worked after one round.

Did you have to cut back completely on exercising to successfully get pregnant?

no, i didn’t have to cut out exercise at all. that wasn’t my issue.

How much weight have you gained? How are you dealing with weight gain/body changes?

i gained about 25 pounds during my pregnancy. i actually was fine with the weight gain and body changes. it was just the uncomfortableness of the third trimester that sucked!! physically, it was annoying. mentally, i was fine.

so how do you feel about delivery? drugs or no? midwife, doula, whatevs, or just classic hospital?

i knew i wanted an epidural going into this. and i got one. read my birth story here.

and now moving on to a few other random questions…

Since you’re doing a crossfit-like fitness routine, do you see yourself ever jumping on the paleo train?

NO. never. paleo is definitely not for me. i just like to eat what i want, when i want.

how do you pronounce your last name?

my last name is gallegos. you say the LL like you do in tortilla. it’s pronounced: “guy-ay-gos”.

Wondering how tall you are? What is your current weight on maintenance? Thanks :)

i am 5’1” and i weigh 130-135 depending on the day.

How come you made your Instagram private?

it’s not. you can see my instagram here. i did have it on private for awhile because of all the spam/robot accounts following me, it was annoying! but instagram fixed that and deleted all the spam accounts. it took my followers down by about 3,000.. so that means before i had made my account private, 3,000 fake accounts had followed me. annoying.

So, I was wondering since you don’t use capital letters when you write in your blog, do you use them at work? If so, is it hard to switch from one to the other? I know, strange questions… but it intrigued me ;-)

no, i type the “right” way more than i type in all lowercase, so i am actually more accustomed to typing with capitalized letters and whatnot. but i have been blogging like this for almost 5 years and am pretty good at toggling between the two styles. fun question!

Would you rather own a ski lodge or a surf camp?

well, i don’t surf.. and i love to snowboard.. BUT, we are talking about being the owner of something, not the teacher. so, since i could hire teachers.. i’m going to go with surf camp! i would much rather hang out and live at the beach than in the snow. i love the mountains and snow, but i can always visit them, right?!

Would you rather have a kangaroo or koala as your pet?

funny question! ironic, too, since my mom sent me this comic today, made me laugh:

i think i would rather have a koala, though, because kangaroos seem like they would require way more effort and space and food and area to bounce around in.  but, dang, koalas look like they have some serious claws! haha.

okay, that’s enough for today!

so, if you want to ask me anything.. you can use the box below. and this time, i will get the questions and answer them in a timely manner. ha!

use the box below to ask me anything:

1. how tall are you?

2. would you rather live in the mountains or near the beach?

3. what diets have you tried (such as paleo, atkins, etc.)?

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life February 18, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Haha, these are so fun!! If I had to choose, I would definitely rather live in the mountains. I’m such a pale ginger that I fry in about 3.5 seconds in the beachy sun, no matter how much sun screen I put on! #palepeopleproblems So I’d probably rather bundle up than risk being a lobster. :)

Robyn @ Robyn's Living Life February 18, 2015 at 1:30 pm

1. I am 5’6″ and weigh between 140-145 usually (depends on if I am training for anything)!
2. BEACH! Especially this time of year:)
3. Vegan and vegetarian are the main diets I have tried. Both are fine but got difficult for me when eating out or at people’s houses. Now I am 80% gluten-free and vegetarian…but I don’t stress about it when I am out:)

Becky @ TheBexFactor February 18, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Fun post!

I’m 5’3.
I would way rather live by the beach!
I currently maintain a paleo-ish diet, just because my body reacts better without grains or dairy.

I should put something like this on my blog. Not sure it would ever get used, but it would be fun to see.

Cassie February 18, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Thanks for answering the question about motherhood honestly. I am almost 29 and still don’t have that maternal time clock kicking in, and I’m not sure I ever will. We aren’t married, but I hope to marry my boyfriend, who I know definitely wants kids. I’m also the youngest child and was never around lots of babies as a child. It sounds so scary, but I think it’s one of those things no one is ever truly ready for until it happens. And even then it’s a learning process.

Jessie @ Just Jessie February 18, 2015 at 3:00 pm

I’m 5’1″ as well and I’m tryinnnnng really hard to get back into the 130-135 range. Almost there! ;) I would definitely rather live near the beach (though mountains are beautiful … how about California where I can have both?!). As for diets, I’m no good at them. I try them for a few days, get hungry and completely binge. I think I’ve done the best when I’m counting Weight Watchers points or at least writing down my food, but as soon as I go on a seriously restrictive diet, I binge. Not worth it! But, then again, it makes losing weight a lot harder!

Marie February 18, 2015 at 8:11 pm

I’m 5’1 too! ;) I would definitely rather live by the beach. I tried the South Beach diet a couple years ago. Right now, Nathan and I are doing the 21-Day Sugar Detox just to get back on track. We had a little bit too much fun over the holidays. We really like the detox; doesn’t feel like a diet. Love reading about Fox!

Christy February 19, 2015 at 12:03 am

I wasn’t pronouncing (or thinking) your name correctly. Who’d have thought!

I’m 5′-2.75″ and yes the .75 counts.
I eat Paleo during the week and treats on the weekend. Every other Sunday we make a Pinterest dessert and I look forward to it alllll month. It sustains me. :]

RainStorm February 19, 2015 at 1:20 am

It would be super cool to own a surf school. Sunshine, sea, beach, relaxed surfer people… :)

I’m at the opposite end of the spectrum (5’11 1/2″!) and I’d definitely choose to live by the sea. No diets though (unless you count that this Lent I’m going vegetarian!).

CARLA February 19, 2015 at 4:22 am

(((GOODLORDIADOREYOU)))

xoxox

betty February 19, 2015 at 8:20 am

5’7″, beach, every. diet. ever. invented. haha

i love your outlook on babies, bc i feel the exact same way. i was never around them growing up and when barbara had nieces/nephew, i was so scared to hold them until they got around 6 months old. i felt like i was going to break them. i know it’ll change when we have a baby.. but ‘fresh’ babies still scare the shit outta me.

Meggi February 19, 2015 at 9:07 am

5’3″ and proud of it :) I used to hate being short but my husband is 5’10” so now I love being the height I am.

I love warm weather but I would have to choose: Whichever one has the best pool!

I am not one for diets in the typical sense. I change my eating based on how I’m feeling. I went Vegan for 2 years to correct my digestive issues. All fixed! Now I’m trying no sugar to see if it helps my joints.

I am also the youngest and had very similar reactions to babies! Never wanted to hold them ever! Now, I still kind of feel that way haha! I love being a mom but I don’t like holding other people’s kids ;)

Tamara February 19, 2015 at 12:19 pm

5’2″. I think beach, even though I don’t like to sunbathe or swim. I much prefer being warm. :)

I did South Beach once. The first phase gave me migraines so that was the end of that! I also read about (and briefly tried) the Zone and Body for Life. And I’ve done Weight Watchers and became a Lifetime member. In fact, I currently work part-time as a receptionist for them, though I don’t especially follow their plan anymore. Working for WW showed me that I like helping people, but I don’t not necessarily want to do it for them long term. I’d eventually like to transition to doing some sort of independent health/fitness/mindset coaching.

Tamara February 19, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Oh, and I just saw Meggi’s post. I did a three-week vegan challenge once. I didn’t even finish out the three weeks, but it did teach me to be more creative with my meals and to incorporate more plants and plant-based meals into my diet. I might do that again at some point, just for a change of pace. But I don’t see myself ever “going vegan” long-term, much less permanently.

Annette@FitnessPerks February 25, 2015 at 4:37 pm

I would totally own a beach place too!!

And a huge NO to paleo for me too. #ieatallthefoods