hey, survey.

by Janetha on January 30, 2015

in random rambles

can’t resist a survey, right? thanks to carly and christina for supplying this one!

(1) What is your current health-related goal?

i am trying to get to the gym (or at least get in a workout at home) three times a week.

i am also trying to drink a gallon of water a day and cut back on sugar.

(2) What is your biggest irrational fear?

i have two. one is being buried alive. can you imagine?! the other is putting my hand down the garbage disposal while it is running. i always hate having to put my hand in there to fish something out. major anxiety.

(3) Do you enjoy wrapping presents?

not especially. gift bags are the way to go! plus, when you get a gift in a gift bag, you can reuse it. not the case with wrapping paper.

(4) What is your favorite cross-training activity?

anything at GPP! i would say my favorite movements are power cleans (they hit so many different muscles and also help increase your power and endurance.) don’t pay attention to my game face. haha.

i am also a huge fan of kettlebell swings (or anything using kettlebells, like this workout!)

(5) If I came to visit you, what would we do?

salt lake city is pretty fun! it’s got great outdoorsy things to do. if it was summertime, we would go hiking. if it was winter, we could go snowboarding.

IMG 3441

and, of course, we would eat alllll the food. mainly brunch. SLC has awesome brunch spots!

(6) 2 weeks off and plane tickets anywhere… Where to?

yes, please! is someone going to watch fox? haha.. that is what’s holding us back from a vacation at the moment, i couldn’t bear leaving my little dude yet. but since we are playing make believe…

i want to go on a tour of the mediterranean! somewhere i’ve always wanted to visit. one day!

(7) What’s the most embarrassing thing to happen to you during a run or a race?

haha, i don’t think i have run enough races for something embarrassing to happen! skip!

(8) 3 best days of your life?

easy! #1 was fox’s birthday.

IMG 2029

#2 was when i finally went on my first date with marshall, after having a crush on him for so long. i know most people say their wedding day, and yeah, that was amazing! but there’s nothing quite like that first date with the man you end up marrying. two close seconds were the night we became boyfriend & girlfriend (photo below) and then the night we first said “i love you”.

#3 when my mom got her heart fixed and all was right in the world.

(9) You MUST eat a fast food meal… Which restaurant do you choose and what is your order?

i think it’s dumb that this survey author capitalized MUST like eating fast food is such an unholy sin. fast food isn’t that bad. in fact.. i have a few things i would choose, so let me rattle them off!

• taco time crisp chicken burrito & crisp bean burrito with a side of sour cream. something i lived on in my 20s and again when i was pregnant.
  • five guys burger with onions, mushrooms,  tomato, lettuce, ketchup, mayo, mustard, and pickles and an order of fries. although my brother just clued me in that their cajun fries are amazing, so i will be trying those next time i go. we love five guys! i even have the app on my phone for easy ordering.

• wendy’s chicken nuggets with honey mustard for dipping, fries, and a frosty.

(10) Have you ever met a celebrity?

guys, i met jonathan taylor thomas when i was, like, 11. be jealous. i sure wish i knew where the photo was so i could show you all!

(11) Share a photo of yourself not wearing workout clothes:

funny.. i just looked at my camera roll and there are literally no photos of me unless it was a selfie with fox/just my face. the first one i came to where you could even see my clothes was this one of his newborn shoot! it’ll do. omg he was so liiiitttttle!!! squeal.

(12) If you could choose a “do-over” career, what would it be?

stay at home mom. haha. sigh…

(13) If you won an Olympic Gold Medal, how do you think you’d react?

weird question. i’m sure some tears would come to my eyes. i mean i guess i would be pretty jazzed.

(14) What did you want for Christmas?

that’s so far away! i want a full night of sleep. hopefully by then that will be happening!

oh, i just realized that said what “did” you want for christmas. my answer stays the same. it was on the top of my list. i didn’t get it.

(15) What skill do you lack?

there are so many! i suck suck suck at sports (which is why i probably won’t be getting an olympic gold medal, ever.) i am also a horrible liar, and have a hard time NOT speaking my mind.. bluntly.. and sometimes that gets me into trouble. oh, and i am bad at vacuuming. i don’t even know how to work the vacuum. that’s marshall’s gig.

this was fun! and hooray for the weekend! i hope you soak it in and live it up!

1. if i came to visit you, what would we do?

2. what is your “do over” career?

Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli January 30, 2015 at 6:06 pm

I LOVE that you mentioned the fast food thing. So. true. I’m a HUGE Chik-fil-a fan and could eat the plain chicken sandwiches erry day. That, and McDonald’s fries.

If agree about the first date thing – my first date with my husband was easily the best day of my life – but I don’t have kids yet! ;)

Caroline @ The Little Things Blog January 30, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Yes! The cajun fries are amazing, and I’ve actually been craving them the past few days!

Adrienne January 31, 2015 at 7:31 am

You have never had the cajun fries! Go!! Right now!!
Yes-five guys is definately my favorite fast food. Especially after long bike rides. I was training for my iron man last year. And after every looooong bike ride that was all I wanted!

Janetha January 31, 2015 at 9:10 am

Haha I had them last night! Super good.

Michael Clare January 31, 2015 at 10:32 am

i am currently in college in the north but from the south and I would give anything for chick fil a!
If you came to visit, you would teach me to snowboard or something because I have no idea what to do with this snow!

Linz @ Itz Linz January 31, 2015 at 12:42 pm

stay at home mom yessssssss i want to be one so bad! lol and if you came to visit me we would eat all the food in the world and take our babies to fun places :) :)

christina January 31, 2015 at 8:37 pm

aw, yay glad you did this too! i am also scared of the disposal thing. and in my blendtec!!!! i am a horrible liar too, which i think is a good thing. i mean for other people’s sake, haha. hope you get some good sleep soon!

RainStorm February 1, 2015 at 2:55 am

I love a spot of junk food at the right time – especially a burrito :)

If you visited me in the UK, there would most definitely be brunch and a great dinner. In between, we could sightsee (London is awesome) and go roller skating around Hyde Park.

I have no idea about a career change!

Janetha February 1, 2015 at 11:56 am

I love London! Oh, how I miss it!

Bears Still Suck February 1, 2015 at 12:35 pm

If you came to visit me, I think you could guess where I would take you!
There is nothing more exciting then to see a Packer game at Lambeau Field! The stadium is literally in people’s back yards! We would eat brats, cheese curds, and of course drink beer! My do over career would be some sort of travel writer/blogger. I would love to tour different countries and cultures and get paid for it!

Janetha February 2, 2015 at 1:05 pm

One day! We will be there.. one day!

lindsay February 1, 2015 at 1:00 pm

mmmm now i want 5 guys burger.

I”ll watch fox if you come visit me here. K?

Kacy February 1, 2015 at 2:04 pm

The questions in these surveys definitely make me giggle at times. Fast food is just food.

I love when people come visit me in DC. I tend to let them do whatever they want as far as museums, monuments, etc. but I get to pick the food places and it changes every time because I’m always finding somewhere new I love.

Hope you get some sleep soon and are enjoying every moment with little Fox!

Corrie Anne February 1, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Best days of your life are so sweet. Mine are pretty similar. Maybe today will be #1? Or sometime this month… Haha.

It’s not my do-over career, but I have an itch to coach CrossFit or something similar. Maybe especially to women/moms and my family!! It’s never going to happen officially since I’d rather be with my baby, and if I’m going to work it definitely makes more financial sense to stick with my current gig. I got some practice coaching newbies on the side during class since I couldn’t do a lot of things while super pregnant. Haha.

Bridget S. February 1, 2015 at 5:53 pm

If you came to visit, I would take you around NYC followed by authentic Japanese food, not sushi, but even better! Followed the next day by authentic Mexican food! And then probably something in Little Italy. Anyway, we would eat our way through the city!

If I had a do over career, I think it would be something like non-profit management. I would never make a ton of money, but I think it would be worth it to know my career are a difference in someone’s life. (As a teacher, I sort of get that now.) ;)

Bridget S. February 1, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Made a difference*

Rachel February 2, 2015 at 1:37 pm

OMG I was obsessed with JTT as a kid!! My inner 10 year old is crying in jealousy. (HOW COULD YOU LOSE THE PICTURE???)

Brindi February 4, 2015 at 11:57 am

Ahhh…surveys!! I usually find most of mine through your blog, so keep up the good work ;)

I live in Northeast Ohio so if you came to visit me and liked football, we’d go to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. If you didn’t like football, then I’d ask you to visit during the fall and we drive around looking at the beautiful colors and visit the Amish country. As for the career, I’m a children’s librarian and I love kids, but I have a feeling that when I have my own I’m going to want to be home with them. I can’t imagine having to leave a baby to go to work and I don’t even have one yet!!

betty February 4, 2015 at 3:10 pm

go hiking with all the pups! do over career.. does doggie daycare owner count?

Janetha February 5, 2015 at 2:12 pm

YES. let’s start one.

Jen February 4, 2015 at 5:36 pm

If you came to visit me we would probably hang out and swap mom stories, because I have a nine month old. We would sneak into Asheville for some good eats, too!

I am getting my do over career: I’m a coach that helps woman feel peaceful around food AND I get to stay home with my cutie. I am incredibly happy & lucky :)