friday lists of four.

by Janetha on January 9, 2015

in lists,random rambles

hi! how about some nonsense today? linz tagged me in a Q&A post (a LONG time ago!) and i can’t resist a good survey. that was the best part about myspace, amiright? the survey had a play on words title using the word moustache and it so happens to be one of my irrational pet peeves, so i am calling it the lists of four survey.

Four names that people call me other than my real name:

1. neef (this came about when my brother could not pronounce my name and called me “ja-neef-a”)
  2. bear (marshall calls me this, i also call him bear.)
  3. J or JG (pretty self explanatory)
  4. any slaughtered version of my name—most people get it wrong the first time.

Four jobs I’ve had:

1. i worked at a skate/snowboard/ski shop called the boarding house when i was 16. favoritest job. simpler times.scan0013
  2. i was a waitress at the park cafe when i was 19. it was an awesome job, but the owner was a coke head and never really stable and sold the joint without informing any of his employees and we all lost our jobs. rad.
  3. my very first job was at target.. i lasted less than 3 months and will never wear red and khaki together again.
  4. i’m a mom now.. hardest, but most rewarding, job ever. it’s tricky doing it on top of another full time job, but it’s worth the struggle.

Four movies I’ve watched more than once:

1. empire records. i think i have it memorized. i had mono in 10th grade and all i did was watch it on repeat.
  2. dumb & dumber.. duh.. who hasn’t?
  3. wedding crashers. oh, it’s so damn good.
  4. the little mermaid.. along with a bunch of other disney movies.. but i think it may be my favorite. either that or beauty and the beast. hard to pick. also, they sure don’t make disney movies like they used to, huh?

PicMonkey Collage

Four books I’d recommend:

1. invisible monsters by chuck palahniuk.
  2. gone girl by gillian flynn.
  3. sh*tty mom by laurie kilmartin. jessica got me this for christmas and it’s such a good read for moms! so, so hilarious.
  4. i want my hat back by jon klassen. yes, that’s a children’s book.

PicMonkey Collage

Four places I have lived:

1. utah.
  2. utah.
  3. london.
  4. utah.

to be specific.. i have lived in over 10 houses in utah! 3 with my parents between the ages of 0-18, and then EIGHT different places between the ages of 18-27. i moved a lot. i have been in my current home since i got married in 2010, but we are looking to move!

Four places I have been:

1. norway, which was easily one of the most beautiful places i have visited. EUROPE 343
  2. switzerland. momma b came to visit after my study abroad in london and we adventured in switzerland together!
  3. canada for less than 24 hours.
  4. jamaica. i got engaged there!

2810007

Four places I’d rather be right now:

1. sleeping.
  2. on vacation.
  3. sleeping.
  4. sleeping.

Four things I don’t eat:

1. snails.
  2. insects.
  3. worms.
  4. dirt.

wait, i lied, i used to eat dirt as a kid. and i am not too picky, which is why my list above is kinda ridiculous and not actual foods.scan0001

Four of my favorite foods:

1. peaches.
  2. bread.
  3. pizza.
  4. ice cream.

Four TV shows that I (USED TO) watch:

(i don’t really watch it now that i have a baby. i didn’t watch it much before, though.)

1. family feud (anything on the game show network, actually.)
2. game of thrones.
3. twin peaks.
4. the shield.

PicMonkey Collage

Four things I am looking forward to this year:

new year! lots to look forward to!

1. blend retreat is in may in boulder, CO. we will be announcing the official sponsor within a few days—get excited! this will be our best retreat yet! i am so excited, because marshall and fox will be tagging along!
  2. a summer vacation! we aren’t sure where we are going yet, but we will go somewhere. marshall and i usually take a trip in july for our anniversary, but we skipped last year because i was pregnant. so, technically, i haven’t had a vacation since july of 2013 and that’s just depressing. in the past, we have gone to tahoe, costa rica, and boston/maine.
  3. although it is far off, i am looking forward to fox’s first birthday. i mean, it can take its sweet time to get here, but i know it will be fun sweet time to get here, but i know it will be fun  when it comes.
  4. just all the milestones fox will be hitting in general. it’s awesome to see him learn and grow. yesterday he rolled over about 327 times. he was rolling over in the past, but yesterday was the first day he deliberately did it over and over and OVER. so cute.

Four things I’m always saying:

1. “i’m so tired.” <—my new normal.
  2. “i love you.” <—say it to fox 923 times a day, and to marshall quite a few times, too.
  3. “i’m starving.” <—legit always hungry. breastfeeding does that.
  4. “i don’t care.” <—i am so indecisive, so i say this a lot because i don’t like to make a decision about little things, like where to eat. and i am pretty easy going, so i really don’t care.

i’m not tagging folks. if you feel like doing it, knock yourself out!

happy weekend to you all! soak it up. :)

1. what is your favorite disney movie?

2. what was your first job ever? and your favorite job ever?

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine January 9, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Ah! That video! It is so cute! XOXOXO

jessiker January 9, 2015 at 7:45 pm

That’s my favorite photo of Fox now. It trumps the shouting one. Maybe. I don’t know they’re both so cute.
Are you sure you weren’t 9 when you worked at that board shop? SO CUTE.
Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. :(
1. Jungle Book
2. First Job was Subway. I got fired for giving away like 900 sandwiches to my friends. Favorite job was Brighton. It probably always will be.

Carolynne January 9, 2015 at 9:42 pm

OMG please take and show more videos because this one was so adorable!! I might have to do this lists of 4 on my blog!!

Katie January 9, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Of course my due date is so close to blend this year :( Super sad face. Every year I want to go & something has to be on the calendar!!!!

Traci January 9, 2015 at 9:56 pm

How lucky are you that you’ve been to Norway! It’s one place that is high up on my bucket list. And my favorite disney movie is Beauty and the Beast, although honestly, Frozen is probably in second place!

Erica January 9, 2015 at 11:19 pm

Love Wedding Crashers. Such a good movie. Sleep is something a Mom always needs :) . I say I don’t care a ton too. I decided I need to start controlling how often I say it….the mini me has started to say it a lot…whoops :)

lindsay January 10, 2015 at 7:43 am

i love you. I want to squeeze foxes cheeks. I will never wear red or khaki due to target, and i didn’t even work there. You are a great mom!

4 things done and said.

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) January 10, 2015 at 8:28 am

fave disney= the little mermaid
first job=waitress at a truck stop…oi. ;p

fellow twin peaks junkie over here. i recently watched the entire thing over again since i’m pretty stoked about it coming back next year! um and also, i own this shower curtain: http://www.denydesigns.com/products/robert-farkas-twin-peaks-map-shower-curtain

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change January 10, 2015 at 11:22 am

First job + favorite job will always be Cold Stone Creamery. I worked there for 4 years, and while it sometimes stunk (leading me to leave for a hiatus for a few months), I met some pretty amazing people there + gained a second family. I’ll always feel blessed for that job.

Linz @ Itz Linz January 10, 2015 at 9:20 pm

i reaaaaaaally want to go to blend this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and sleep? oh how i miss sleep@

Kristen January 11, 2015 at 7:41 am

My favorite Disney movie is Brave- something about the whole no-prince-gotta-save-the-day-myself thing.

Alyssa January 11, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Re-watching Gone Girl with my hubby right now (and loved the book)! Going to see it in the theater was the first time I ever left my baby after he was born. Your little boy is SO cute! The little mermaid is definitely my favorite Disney movie. My first job ever was a dishwasher at a restaurant. It was horrible. I think Starbucks barista was my favorite job, although a lot of people are real assholes before they get their coffee in the morning. Be a big enough asshole, and you’re getting decaf.

Bears Still Suck January 11, 2015 at 5:53 pm

What an exciting and awesome game today. Tell Marshall that I know the Packers can beat Seattle. The defense will really have to come through for us, but I know Seattle is a beatable team and I really feel like this is the Packers year. Go Pack go!

cassy January 12, 2015 at 3:13 pm

i LOVE the name fox!!
<3<3<3<3

Janetha January 12, 2015 at 3:31 pm

thank you! i hope he loves it, too.

Kim Hoeltje January 12, 2015 at 4:04 pm

The Little Mermaid is my favorite!!!! Plus, I love to swim! People at the gym call me “Little Mermaid”

betty January 16, 2015 at 9:06 pm

i miss costa rica :( i need another vacay.

Rebecca January 20, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Is that Norway pic from the top of the Holmenkollen ski jump in Oslo? I was just there in October and it looks really familiar!

Janetha January 20, 2015 at 7:08 pm