a whole lot to say about nothing!

by Janetha on July 11, 2014

in dogs,meals,oh baby

hi! happy 7-11! anyone snag a free slurpee today? or any of the other random free food that happens to be available this week? (didn’t you hear? check this article to find out.)

it’s been a minute since i published anything, hasn’t it? back in the day when i went weeks between blog posts, it was because i was OMG so busy. but now? guys, not gonna lie, my life is boring! being almost 8 months pregnant is a big snooze-fest and i really don’t have a ton to say, so i just don’t.

i do get the itch here and there to come ramble and tell you what i’ve been up to, which is exactly what i am doing now. but, for real, i take a look back at the past week and realize just how boring things really are! it’s fine, though, because i know in 7 weeks (give or take) my life is going to be turned upside down with a newborn.. so i am soaking in the boredom while i can. you can usually find me on the couch with these three yahoos…

so, a few highlights from the past week have been mister randy dogs NINTH birthday last saturday!

his favorite food is bread, so i made him a bread/honey/apple sandwich (he can’t have peanut butter anymore because nuts are high in copper and we are trying to regulate his copper levels.)

we sang to him and, of course, penny tried to steal the show. as she does.

on the randy health front, we have been given his special low copper diet recipe and we will start making the homemade food on sunday (each batch makes a week’s worth of food.) there are a bajillion different pills we have to crush up to add to the food to make it perfect for his condition.. so i spent a good chunk of his birthday packaging up the pills for easy access down the road. it was a labor of love, folks.

since this is a food and fitness blog, let me tell you about my meals & moves. as far as moves go.. well.. they really aren’t. as i have mentioned, i quit working out basically right after i got pregnant. i am the exact opposite of those #fitpregnancy folks. sorry if you come here for inspiration to stay fit while pregnant. look elsewhere! except i don’t think i am in terrible shape. i mean, taking a load off and growing a human is perfectly fine. the gym will be there when i am back to my non-pregnant self.

i have been sporadically going to prenatal water aerobics, but now that my BFF is no longer preg (she had her cute baby last week!), i don’t see myself going to the pool too much. it’s more fun with a friend, ha!

on the meals front, i have to say that it’s honestly become a chore to eat. i LOVE food, so you know how hard it must be for me to struggle to eat. i think it’s just because all my insides are crammed up my trachea and any time i take a bite of food it feels like i can’t swallow it! it’s a really weird feeling.

but, of course, i’ve still got to eat! so i do. breakfast is usually a hard boiled egg or two, some babybel cheese, and then either toast or oatmeal. (and coffee. always coffee.)

i don’t typically eat oatmeal in the scorching hot month of july, but general mills randomly sent me this box of chex oatmeal (thank you!), so i thought i would give it a go. it’s pretty tasty and convenient, except (and this may sound weird) it’s kinda salty. i don’t want my oatmeal tasting salty. but it’s not overpowering enough for me to not enjoy the oatmeal.. it’s just a tad too salty, ya know? deep thoughts, folks.

anyway..

oh! even though it sucks to eat, i have been enjoying some locally grown produce! there is nothing better than corn from skinner’s, a local produce stand, and they now have the ripest, most delicious tomatoes! we have been eating both almost every day this week!

the other day we had burgers + corn.. this one is marshall’s, he put an over-easy egg on his burger. yum.

and we also had BLTAs + corn.

i have been taking leftover ears of corn to work for lunch, too. corn on the cob may be the best summer food there is!

oh, are you wondering what that weird blob of stuff next to my chicken is? it’s hummus mixed with mustard. hummustard.

i actually learned that from HEABs, oh, a good four or five years ago, and forgot about it until just recently! it’s really a delicious combo. you should try it.

other random things..

i got my eyelashes filled yesterday! and promptly freaked out when i realized i only have two more fills before my due date. EEP!

i got a purse for christmas!

ha, yeah, christmas in july! actually the christmas gift my mom got me back in december was a jacket that didn’t fit, and i returned it and never found anything to get instead. until i found this cute purse! let’s face it, buying clothes sucks when you are pregnant, but purses are fun! so, yep, that’s a highlight of my week.

i also got some cute nursing tanks from leading lady. YOU GUYS, what is my life coming to? i just said a highlight of my week was receiving cute NURSING TANKS.

don’t mind me, i’m just over here becoming a lame mom.

well, would you look at that.. i told you my life is boring and i had nothing to blog about, but i managed to ramble for a real long time. i guess i had a lot to say about nothing!

i will leave you with this penny pic, because i love her and it and i think you will love it, too.

have a great weekend! i will be having a baby shower with the church peeps i grew up with, i am really excited for that! i also might head to a lake.. or just head to my couch. it’s up in the air. hope you have fun doing whatever you decide to do! chat sooner or later, i am sure.

1. what was a highlight from your week?

2. what’s your FAVORITE summertime food?

Erica July 11, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Yayyy- i miss your posts!! Happy birthday Randy!!! Glad he is feeling well. Cute tanks! Cant believe its only 7 weeks to go!!

Annette@FitnessPerks July 11, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Ahhhhh you’re getting so close! being a mom is THE best, so happy for you!!

Amy July 11, 2014 at 4:06 pm

This post made me smile. And then when I saw that corn was one of the tags, I couldn’t help but laugh. :)

The highlight of my week was getting into this bind I didn’t know I could do at yoga class. While you turn into a mom, I turn into a yogi, haha.

My favorite summer food right now is fresh strawberries, like farmers market fresh. So good.

Traci July 11, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Looking at all of this really made me hungry! Now I want corn on the cob with chicken. Highlight of my week was doing nothing. Yes, doing nothing! I did nothing on purpose. :]

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 11:47 am

doing nothing is always my favorite plan!

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) July 11, 2014 at 4:49 pm

highlight from my week was being in toronto for a few days! i love summer tomatoes—they taste SO different when they are actually in season! i’m actually relieved that you aren’t #fitblogmomming . i’m not pregnant but i can barely squeeze in 3x a week for like 30mins because. LIFE! i work full time and would rather be doing fun stuff #sosorrysolazy and i get really bored reading people’s sagas of working out for hours on end because they don’t have anything better to do.

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 11:57 am

i agree, tomatoes taste like a completely different food when they are in season and fresh from the garden!

Lee July 11, 2014 at 5:06 pm

When I was in high school, 7-11 was the big hang out. Kind of weird considering I lived in the suburbs of a major city. Sadly, there are no 7-11s in Georgia, where I live now.

I wonder if the pregnancy hormones make the oatmeal taste salty to you. I haven’t had it, but I know that after I gave birth (which obviously you haven’t, but I’m still betting it was preggo hormones), EVERYTHING tasted too salty to me. It lasted for months.

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 11:58 am

well i have been eating other brands of oatmeal, too (i got a bunch of samples from blend retreat, lol) and they don’t taste salty.. so i think this is just a weird batch/brand. but i def have weird taste buds being pregnant. things taste spicier than usual!

Paula July 11, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Your puppies medication comes from The University of Tennessee? The BEST veterinarian school ever! So proud and kinda did a double take!

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 11:59 am

hey! that’s cool and comforting to read! they were suggested to us by our vet.. i am happy to hear they are the best!

purelytwins July 11, 2014 at 8:40 pm

favorite summer time food — peaches and figs. We know boring ;)

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 11:59 am

not boring! peaches are my favorite fruit EVER!

Carbzilla July 11, 2014 at 9:37 pm

I have to tell you that your lashes look so great. Every time I’ve seen them on people, they’re just too much. Yours look natural and beautiful and not all fakey.

Plus you’re adorable. Miss you!

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 12:00 pm

awww thank you! yeah, i go shorter than the norm for that very reason. miss you too! love you tons!

M July 11, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Just being curious — do the dog share their birthday treats? If no how does the other dog react?

Have a nice week-end :o)

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 12:01 pm

oh–you better believe that penny got half of that treat! they always both get treats and fed at the same time :) don’t need any sibling rivalry or jealousy!

Julie July 12, 2014 at 12:56 am

I adore Randy and all the love you have for him. I have a dog now too and I never liked pets before! Cute nursing tanks… yup, not sure about that one!

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 12:01 pm

yay! welcome to the pet-loving side of life :)

Kim F July 12, 2014 at 5:11 am

Your life is not boring at all! I am glad Randy seems to be doing well :) You are a super fur mom which means you are also going to be a super mom soon!

Livi July 12, 2014 at 9:37 am

Haha those nursing tops look actually normal! You’ll be the coolest mom on the block.

lindsay July 12, 2014 at 11:45 am

i’ll bust out the one piece and come aqua aerobics with you!

Heather @ fit mama real food July 12, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Bahahaha lame mom? Never such a thing! If I hadn’t been teaching classes I would have had no motivation to workout. Growing a baby is tiring, especially the last couple months. What is eye lash filling? Can’t wait to see your cute little munchkin!!!

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 12:05 pm

i have lash extensions and they fall out, so every 3 weeks i get a fill. kinda like nails but for your eyeballz lol.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 13, 2014 at 5:23 am

Oh my those tomatoes!! I’m waiting for my parents to tell me there are tomatoes from their garden I can come hijack! So far I’ve only been given permission for the kale and string beans…le sigh.. ;)

Kristin July 13, 2014 at 6:44 am

I’m trying to find some cute nursing tanks, as I am also due soon. Do your new ones fit well? I’m not sure what size to order. What size did you order? (Too personal? Sorry…;) Do they run true to size?

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 12:07 pm

so, for the tanks i got size small because that’s what i was pre-pregnancy. they definitely run TTS. on the bras, i just ordered a little bigger than what i am now, since with milk they will be a little bigger. i got a medium bra and then also a 38C bra. congrats to you! when are you due? what are you having?

Kristin July 16, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Thanks Janetha! Congratulations to you as well :) I am due August 12 and having my 3rd girl! (We have a 3 year old and 2 year old…things are going to be nuts ;). Again, I appreciate the info on the nursing tanks! Best of luck with everything!

gera July 15, 2014 at 10:42 am

omg your food posts look so good

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner July 15, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I’ve never heard of anyone having their eyelashes filled in before. Is that a medical procedure or are they fake lashes? Either way, your eyes look beautiful!

I haven’t had corn in the cob yet this summer. I think a low country boil is in order. Awesome summer meal.

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 12:09 pm

thanks! they are eyelash extensions :) just fake lashes that get applied one by one.

Gina @ Teach Me How To Healthy July 16, 2014 at 8:12 am

My favorite summer food is definitely a tie between corn on the cob and potato salad :)

Happy birthday, Randy! Glad to see he is feeling better.

Janetha July 16, 2014 at 12:09 pm

mmmm potato salad! the epitome of summer salads!

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change July 29, 2014 at 9:31 am

Love the purse – funny that i know it’s Fossil since I just bought the iPhone 5s case with the same print!