three things thursday.

by Janetha on July 3, 2014

in family time,oh baby

hi, guys! happy long weekend! mine kicked off nice and early at 11:30 AM, we decided to close the office early. wahoo!

marshall is off doing marshall things, so i am currently eating pace’s–bountiful’s finest little diner. i got a fried chicken sandwich and french fries with fry sauce. does it make it fancier if i put it on a glass plate?

NewImage

today has actually been quite eventful! i thought i would share three things from the day, because.. alliteration. three things thursday! :)

1. JESSICA IS IN LABOR!!!

NewImage

yes, like, right now, as i type! she is 38 weeks along and contractions came this morning. yesterday at prenatal water aerobics i told her she had at least a good 10 days before she’d go into labor. she agreed and said the 12th seemed like the day her babe would come. we were wrong! she’s having her NOW! and i am getting the play by play. it’s been the best to be pregnant at the same time as my BFF.. i am so so soooo excited to meet her little girl! hopefully her labor isn’t tooooo long. it’s already been all day, though!

2. speaking of birthdays, it would have been my little nephew’s fifth birthday today.

NewImage

NewImage

longtime readers may remember when my brother and SIL lost eddy, their little boy, in 2009. we do a balloon send off every year at his grave. i cannot believe five years have passed! today it happened to get super stormy and crazy right before the send off! the wind was going nuts and then big, huge raindrops started falling from the sky.

NewImage

NewImageNewImage

we were still able to let those balloons fly in his honor! love you, bud!

NewImage

3. i’m 32 weeks today!

NewImage

before the rainstorm, it happened to be bright and sunny. since i was off early, i hit up the pool with mands. i can’t believe that 1- i only have 8 weeks left of being pregnant (well, give or take, considering jessica is now delivering at 38 weeks!) and 2- i am going to get bigger than i am. i can’t fathom it! but every week, sure enough, i get bigger! and that little man gets squirmier! he loves to wiggle around. but, thankfully, pregnancy isn’t too bad and i am enjoying his kicks and wiggles. we still have a lot to do, so he can stay in that big belly for awhile longer. ;)

i am going to keep this short and sweet! i am heading to watch fireworks tonight.

oh! wait.. one more thing, before i go, i wanted to let you locals know that my sister has her suuuuper cute house up for sale! it’s in bountiful and it is positively perfect. 3 beds, 2 baths, a huuuuge yard/garden, and, well, it’s adorable. you can check out the listing HERE. if you are in the market to move, it’s a good one.

NewImage

ok! that’s all she wrote! have an absolutely fabulous independence day weekend!

Erica July 3, 2014 at 8:49 pm

You’re SO stinking cute! Hope your friends labor goes quickly and easily :)

Pua July 4, 2014 at 12:30 am

What a beautiful way to remember your nephew. Wishing your friend all the best… how fun that the both of you will welcome little ones this year!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 4, 2014 at 6:19 am

Happy 4th, friend!!

Love that you guys do that balloon send off for your nephew, that’s so sweet!! <3

Livi July 4, 2014 at 7:55 am

That is so sweet, to do a balloon send off! Glad y’all were still able to do it!

Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat July 4, 2014 at 9:05 am

Oh my gosh, you look great! and I love your annual tradition of the balloon send off, I think it is great you all come together for that. Happy 4th!

lindsay July 4, 2014 at 11:51 am

hugs and prayers to SIL lindsay. i always remember those balloons now. xxoo

Purelytwins July 5, 2014 at 7:59 am

You look beautiful girl!! I know it’s crazy to think about how BIG we will get haha ;)

extreme-ladyboys-online.tumblr.com July 6, 2014 at 10:01 am

When I was a kid, I overheard one of my aunts say to my mother that it was a good thing I was smart,
as I wasn. Maybe government officials mask their true intent by ringing immoral claims and throwing out bible
verses. Whichever route you choose, starting a business association will be a rewarding venture.

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily July 6, 2014 at 1:21 pm

You look fanfreakingtastic!!! I delivered at 38 weeks as well, hard to believe that my little 38 weeker will be 3 months old on Tuesday. I feel like I was just at 32 weeks!

Emily @ Tips on Healthy Living July 7, 2014 at 1:49 am

You’re looking great! It is so funny how you can’t believe that you can possibly keep getting bigger…and then you do. Ha! The memorial looked beautiful. Glad you were with family this fourth!

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner July 8, 2014 at 4:23 pm

What a great way to remember your nephew! You look rockin’ in that bikini. Good luck in the home stretch!

Toronto Girl West July 9, 2014 at 1:19 am

I love the balloon send-off you do every year. It warms my heart! <3

Also, you look great!!! You're clearly one of those "I swallowed a basketball" pregnant ladies! lol If I ever have a child, that will be my goal! HA!

Nikki July 9, 2014 at 2:17 pm

My baby was due July 2nd but came June 17th, 15 days early. I was shocked as I had a small weight gain and he is my first. I love my little 3 week old.

brittany July 11, 2014 at 11:30 am

I LOVE that you are rockin a bikini at 32 weeks. That has always been an aspiration of mine if/when I ever have kids.