sunday night stuff.

by Janetha on June 29, 2014

in meals,oh baby,random rambles

hi! i have these cookies in the oven and all my laundry is folded (what?!) so i guess that means i have some time to ramble!

NewImage

how was your weekend? too short? tell me about it. mine was the perfect mix of enjoyable and productive.

friday night we were bums and didn’t do a single thing. marshall had had a long day at work and didn’t feel like doing much, so we laid low. that meant a long night of sleep.. which meant saturday morning i popped out of bed at 8 AM. weird for me on a saturday.. but i had plans, so it was all good. jessica had never (EVER!) been to the downtown farmers market, so i picked her up and we headed to the market!

i needed to eat basically immediately, so i found a new-to-me food stand (err.. trailer) that was pretty dang adorable–ramblin’ rose.

NewImage

i ordered the eggy toast– sourdough toast with goat cheese, an organic egg, and scallions. pretty sure there was a bit of basil on there, as well. it was delicious!

NewImage

we wandered around for a bit. i snagged some bing and rainier cherries, some kale, and some raw marrow bones for the pups. i also snagged myself a mint limeade.

NewImage

SOOO good.. just like a mojito minus the booze!

NewImage

saturday afternoon was suuuper productive. i deep cleaned both of our bathrooms and organized all the drawers and cabinets. i cleaned out the hall closet, too. maybe i am in nesting mode? haha.. or i just need to make more room for ALL THE STUFF we are adding to our lives! either way, it was a good reason to get stuff done. after a few hours of chores, i headed out for a maternity massage! i received a gift card for my birthday and was so excited to cash it in.

i went to mindful women’s day spa, you may remember me talking about them a few months back. the experience was just as great the second time around.. that is definitely the best spa in utah!

NewImage

after the massage i headed home, but decided to tackle some errands en route. the best produce stand ever just happened to be on my way home (skinner’s on highway 89 for you locals) and so i stopped to snag some things. i got onions, cucumbers, a watermelon, and the very best corn you will ever eat. i stopped at the grocery store, too, and picked up some steaks and potatoes. i ran a few more errands and was starving when i finally made it home. marshall and i both got to work on dinner, and pretty soon we were eating the perfect summer meal!

NewImage

marshall and i both agreed summer meals are wayyy better than winter ones. sure, crock pots and casseroles are great, but there is nothing like something hot off the grill. in fact, we are grilling again tonight! burgers and more of that delicious corn.

NewImage

today was a little less eventful, but still pretty productive. i hung out with mands for awhile this morning (we have resorted to daytime hang outs since i am boring and pregnant and never want to go out!) and then when i got home i had this delicious brunch waiting for me.

NewImage

marshall made me an egg sandwich on sprouted wheat toast with butter, avocado, and sharp cheddar. so good! i washed it down with some OJ. randy begged for a bite the whole time.

NewImage

we lounged around for a bit.. penny and i basked in the sunshine..

NewImage

NewImage(we need to weed…)

NewImage

…randy stuck to the shade. it was a hot day!

after being lazy for awhile, i managed to take a shower and even shave my legs! it’s getting a little tricky with this big belly, but i made it work. once i was cleaned up, we headed out to do our weekly grocery shopping. we went to trader joe’s and whole foods. we have gotten pretty speedy at our weekly shopping trips, so we managed to get in and out of both stores in under an hour. we grabbed a couple slices of pepperoni pizza from whole foods for a late lunch.

once we got home we decided to keep the productivity up and folded all the laundry. it’s my most hated chore, but i am glad it’s all done. for today. i am NOT looking forward to baby laundry. ay ay ay.

after our laundry productivity, we took a much needed load off!

NewImage

the pups enjoyed some raw marrow bones. raw bones are much better for the pups.. we will never go back to cooked. they aren’t complaining.

NewImage

i have been doing a little bit of online shopping in between writing this post. i am slowly, but surely, checking everything off the things-i-need-for-the-baby list. i ordered this boppy cover:

NewImage

and now i am looking for a changing pad cover. here are a couple i like…

NewImage

yep. my life. looking at baby stuff on etsy whilst baking cookies. and i am not complaining!

hope you all had a lovely weekend. chat soon!

1. what’s your favorite summer meal?

2. what is the last thing you baked?

Livi June 29, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Food hot off the grill is the BEST!

Caroline June 29, 2014 at 8:10 pm

This summer I’ve been making no bake energy balls, and I’m obsessed. They taste delicious, are quick and easy, don’t require any oven heat, and are a cooler snack! YUM!

valerie June 29, 2014 at 8:20 pm

You are definitely in nesting mode. Get ready to do ALLTHETHINGS!

I love summer. We (meaning the hubs) built a raised garden bed. Now we just have to grow some stuff. Here’s hoping.

The last thing I baked were oatmeal muffins and they sucked. I wanted to bake something today, but then I got too tired lol. There’s always tomorrow, right?

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 29, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Yum… now I’m craving oatmeal cookies! Love the boppy cover and the looks of that eggy toast!

Linz @ Itz Linz June 29, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Baby laundry is easy! Itz so little you basically fold it in half and itz done! I baked chocolate caramel fudge brownies yesterday!

Pua June 30, 2014 at 12:22 am

What a cute pic of you and Marshall! I haven’t been able to bake ANY thing since our oven died. Total bummer. My favorite summer meal is anything grilled! And all those yummy summer fruits… pregnant woman’s heaven!

Erica June 30, 2014 at 4:47 am

Yall have the best farmers markets! If I ever make out there, you’re taking me? Deal? Deal! That egg toast! And I agree- summer meals >> winter meals. In terms of the changing table cover…can I make a suggestion- get some LARGE thick pillow cases. You will need to wash that bad boy on the regular- its easier to just have something you can quickly pull off and shove in the washer. Cute covers are only nice in theory…baby poop is a beast. haha

Lauren June 30, 2014 at 5:08 am

Sounds like such a wonderful weekend! And don’t worry, I’m about as exciting as you these days. Laying on the couch, pinning baby stuff, and requesting foot massages is about what my life consists of. I guess we should enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 30, 2014 at 6:28 am

We don’t have a grill, so I definitely miss that element of summer meals! A grill pan will have to do…or inviting myself over to my parents house for dinner when they break out the grill ;-)

Amy June 30, 2014 at 6:39 am

Steak on the grill is by far the best summer meal…you guys nailed it! :)

The last thing I baked was sunflower seed granola bars as an airplane snack a couple of weeks ago. I have gotten lazy since then.

betty June 30, 2014 at 6:49 am

omgosh. so much cuteness in this post! i cant remember the last time i baked?! does a protein mug cake count? and we grilled last night, too! greek chicken and asparagus!

and i love every single thing you’re getting for the baby. i love both those changing pad covers. i’m so happy for etsy, cause i def dont enjoy most of the bedding and stuff from babys r us.

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 30, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Love that photo of Marshall hugging you and your cute bump! Looks like things are coming along in the baby department. Yay! Loving everything you’ve chosen so far!

Jenn @ Mark My Miles July 1, 2014 at 4:25 am

Your weekend sounds like a perfect mix of relaxing and being productive. Love those kinds of weekends. Hope you have a great week!

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner July 2, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Holy cow, $6.75 for a piece of Eggy Toast?! It looks good, though. I love summer garden couscous salad, but anything off the grill is amazing: sweet potatoes,chicken, brussels sprouts, romaine. Yum yum yum.