favorites. aka the hardest survey.

by Janetha on June 12, 2014

in random rambles

hi! i still haven’t written my blend recap(s).. but i love a good survey. so. yeah.

i hate picking a favorite of anything! but when i saw this on lauren’s blog i knew i had to give it a shot… i like a challenge (haha.. yes.. this was challenging for me!) in fact.. so challenging, i couldn’t narrow most of the questions down to just one! oh well..

Name Your Favorite…

Person: sure.. start out with a super hard one! i have four favorite people..

marshall.

my mom.

my two best friends, mands and jess.

but.. i have a feeling this little dude inside of me is going to give EVERYONE a run for their money and may become my new favorite in a few months.

profile!

Color: blue. or purple. i like green. okay.. blue. final answer. my cat was even named blue growing up!

Food: buttered toast. and ice cream. and cereal. preferably mixed. i told you i can’t pick one thing.

Smell: the pavement after a rainstorm. freshly cut grass. my dogs after they’ve had a bath.

NewImage

Book: it’s been so dang long since i read a book.. i really enjoyed gone girl. and, going back further, 1984.

Movie: empire records. alice in wonderland.

Time of day: whenever it is time to take a load off and sit around with my family. some days it’s a lot later than others.. but it’s always the best time of day.

Day of the week: saturday! i can sleep in and stay up late. the best saturdays are those with no agenda.

Things to do when bored: i’m a big fan of words with friends. also, sleep. with these three.

Celebrity: not a big celebrity person. i am so out of the loop. and i definitely don’t have a favorite.

Drink: water. coffee. dr. pepper. i could really go for an iced coffee right about now.

TV show: currently—game of thrones. classics—family feud (with richard dawson), seinfeld, saved by the bell.

Fruit: peaches!!!!!!!!!

Vegetables: hmmm.. not huge on vegetables haha. corn. i LOVE corn on the cob. also, asparagus.

Store/shop: target never lets me down.

Workout: gpp! even though i haven’t been in six months… still my favorite and excited to go back (eventually.) i love to jump rope, too.. miss that.

Quote: “it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice.” also, “take the higher road.” two lessons i learned from my mom. also, i don’t know who to credit on those quotes.

i am also a big fan of this one:

untitled

Potato chip flavor: i like them all.

Meal of the day: brunch. it should happen EVERY day.

Ice cream flavor: tie between vanilla bean and cookies & cream.

Season: summer! although my tune may change being pregnant this summer… ha!

Dessert: ice cream!

Lifehack: i don’t have a favorite, but my friend amanda just gave me a brilliant one since i am always losing gift cards! TAKE A PHOTO OF IT WHEN YOU GET IT. seriously, i am doing this from now on. i recently lost a $300 gift card and am ultra bummed.

1. is it hard for you to pick favorites?

2. what are some lifehacks you have to share with the class?

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 12, 2014 at 4:13 pm

I did this survey, and it was extremely difficult for me to pick just one favorite for each question too. I think pretty much all of my answers are actually 2-5 favorites, not just one. Ha!

I have a feeling that little babe of yours is quickly going to become your favorite too. ;)

momma b. June 12, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Oh I love this post because I love Poppy’s cute little profile SO much….he’s gonna be such a dream boat haha!!

Yes, yes, yes, can’t make a decision let alone pick favorites!!!

Ummmm what is a life hack???

Kim F June 12, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I think you’re right and that little man will have soon stolen your heart :) I am the worst at picking favorites. You did much better than I could do. Hope Randy is doing better!

Lauren June 12, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I love that you named your dog blue! Too cute. :)
Loved seeing your favorites.

Caroline June 12, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Yes- it’s SO hard for me to pick just one thing that is my absolute favorite. I usually have to pick two or three things :) I love the smell of pavement after the rain too!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse June 12, 2014 at 9:37 pm

I am horrible at just picking one thing too! I want to do this survey now!! I don’t even know if I know a life hack ha. Lame I know :/ I’m all about corn on the cob and peaches as well, both are so yummy!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 13, 2014 at 5:37 am

Haha I had trouble only picking one for most of these categories too! But somehow, I think a new favourite will make his way to the top of your list in a few months ;-)

Linz @ Itz Linz June 13, 2014 at 6:18 am

it is hard to pick favorites – except for ice cream – cake batter all the way! and i know no life hacks lol

Tamara June 13, 2014 at 6:56 am

I’m definitely horrible at choosing favorites! Though not on certain things, like color (mine’s blue, obvs!). But most things, yeah, almost impossible.

So, wait… you can use a photo of a gift card to buy stuff? I’m confused!

I can’t think of any good hacks, so I will share this amusing article instead (I’m not criticizing you for using the term, but the article made me giggle and I thought you might enjoy it!):

Janetha June 13, 2014 at 9:49 am

oh–it’s a target gift card–so you can use the numbers to shop online! and you can with most gift cards (if they let you shop online lol) haha love that link!

Tamara June 13, 2014 at 9:53 am

Ah, of course, online shopping… makes sense now. Brain wasn’t awake yet, I suppose. ;)

Have an awesome weekend! xo

Trisha June 13, 2014 at 9:15 am

I absolutely canNOT pick a favorite anything. Ever. Well, maybe a few things. But this survey would be impossible for me. My favorite life hack right now is brewing coffee extra strong, then shaking it with ice cubes for instant iced coffee that’s not watered down. Can’t handle hot coffee this time of year and refuse to pay for it every day!

Kellie June 14, 2014 at 6:14 am

Ohhhhhh thanks for that! Love iced coffe and hat not having any “leftover” in the fridge!

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life June 13, 2014 at 9:45 am

I would definitely have a difficult time picking just one too! My favorite life hack is probably making coffee iced cubes for ice coffee drinks. That way the coffee gets strong as it melts, not weaker. Or you can throw them into smoothies for a caffeine punch!

Erica June 13, 2014 at 10:44 am

family feud (with richard dawson)? Old school- love! Not a big vegetable fan? For real??? That little man will TOTALLY be your favorite!! <3

Purelytwins June 13, 2014 at 3:11 pm

we are horrible at picking just one thing!! we have so many favorites

Jessi June 13, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I love surveys. It’s so fun to learn about people. Where in Utah do you live? I’m in Utah county! Our Hubbies look they’ve got the same style going on too ;) haha

Jessi

Kellie June 14, 2014 at 6:19 am

I can’t pick favorites. I’m always afraid the other things will be sad. Yep. I’m 48. Ridiculous. LOL

Life Hack: I take pics of everything (products) I use or want to try so I can remember when I get to the store (cause when your 48 you can’t remember anything!)

I will say my current favorite person is my grandson. Aka Barrett aka #gigislilcarebear (be sure your lil guy gets his own hashtag ;)

Livi June 14, 2014 at 6:30 am

I really want to try GPP! It sounds awesome!

สำนักงานบัญชี June 16, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Hello this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG
editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I
wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 16, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Those are some great quotes pretty lady, and you are making me crave ice cream with doctor pepper, cereal and peaches. Yeah, that’s not weird.

Your dogs are absolutely adorable. I hope the one is feeling better and his blood work came back ok.

what do you think June 25, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Excellent, what a webpage it is! This blog provides valuable information to us,
keep it up.