i’m alive. ish.

by Janetha on June 10, 2014

in dogs,love life,oh baby,random rambles

hi! holy crap.. it’s been a real long time since i have opened my blogging dashboard. needless to say, i have been a busy bee! between randy’s health issues, my birthday, my day job, and blend retreat.. i haven’t had a moment to spare.

i do want to take some time to tell you all about blend retreat, so you better believe i will be posting a little more frequently this week! i am a loser and don’t have an awesome camera anymore (it broke over a year ago and i am poor), so i will wait to steal some of lindsay’s pics before i dive into any details.

but for now, here are some iphone photos from the past week or so with brief little snippets of what they are!

i had a big brunch with friends on my birthday. i love that my BFF is pregnant with me!

i spent approximately 1.6327 hours at the pool on my birthday and got the worst sunburn of my life. i even wore sunscreen. pregnant skin must be more sensitive?

marshall got me my favorite: oreo ice cream cake. he sang and everything! and, guess what? i am only 13.

momma b gave me a pot of flowers for mother’s day. it didn’t take me long to kill them. whomp whomp. i sure hope i am better at taking care of a real life baby.

speaking of the baby.. marshall and our friend nick painted birch trees on the nursery wall! it only took them a few hours and they did an amazing job. i need to take an after pic.. i will. soon. promise.

i took my glucose test on thursday to check for gestational diabetes. the drink was nowhere near as bad as i had heard. the colonoscopy drink was WAY worse. anyway, i passed. yippee.

thursday day and night was spent working our butts off to get ready for blend retreat. after multiple trips to park city, lots of boxes loaded, unloaded, and unpacked, and a few different assembly lines.. swag bags were packed up and ready for friday. all before 11 PM!

blend recaps are coming.. but here are a few random shots from the weekend. it was SO much fun! i love planning and executing this event every year. i think every year it gets better and better! i am so grateful for this community and all the wonderful people who made the weekend a fun, fabulous success. can’t wait to share more. (and talk about next year’s retreat!)

it was super cool to have my sisters, SIL, and mom in attendance. love them.

and, finally, this photo is basically the best.

randy is recovering from his biopsy. however, we still don’t have all the tests back. i HATE waiting. so far, we know he has fibrosis of the liver and we are waiting to hear his copper levels to know if it is reversible or not. we should know today. thank you all for your prayers and positive vibes. fingers crossed we can get this pup back to his healthy, happy self.

oh, and because penny is cute…

the end :)

1. what in the world have you been up to?!

2. what is the last thing you took a photo of?

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 10, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I didn’t say hi to you at the retreat (bahhh shyness) but thanks for putting on such a fabulous event!!

Janetha June 10, 2014 at 1:45 pm

boo for shyness lol.. i feel like it was such a whirlwind and i didn’t get to talk to everyone i wanted to! but there is always next year! thank you for coming :)

the delicate place (@misathemeb) June 10, 2014 at 12:24 pm

heyo! happy to hear you passed your glucose test and all is well! you have been a busy lady. the last thing i took a pic of was my cousin and her baby last night. i’ve been pretty busy myself and haven’t been blogging whoops.

p.s. i love your little birch tree nursery theme…super cozy and cute!

Erica June 10, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Um yah…i haven’t blogged in almost a month. Thus is life…right? :) I can’t wait to see the baby room! Ah! And keeping yall in my thoughts. Love that little man (randy). <3 <3

betty June 10, 2014 at 1:51 pm

working my ass off trying to lose some el bees. and my last picture is probs scout, because i have no other life.

i seriously want to come next year. SERIOUSLY.

Janetha June 10, 2014 at 2:06 pm

you have to. if you don’t, i will punch you. it’s may 15-17 in boulder.. so.. make it happen! and your exercise snaps are rockin! GOOD FOR YOUUUUU! i love you!

Linz @ Itz Linz June 10, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Pregnant at 13?? Dang girl!! ;)

Janetha June 10, 2014 at 2:20 pm

lmao teen mom!

Michelle June 10, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Your Birthday cake looks amazing! Sorry about your sunburn. Those are the worst!!! Can’t wait to see the after pics of the nursery, and the swag bags look unreal. Glad you had a great retreat, though for you and all the work you put into it, it probably wasn’t very retreatish. <is that even a word?

Janetha June 10, 2014 at 2:21 pm

lol it is a word now! and you are right.. it was not retreatish at all for me.. but i loved seeing others retreat their butts off!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 10, 2014 at 2:19 pm

i just love you.

Christa @ Edible Balance June 10, 2014 at 2:31 pm

I love seeing these recaps, I’m trying to catch up on everyone’s blogs! Holy mother of swag pearl, I didn’t think it would be possible to top last year, but it looks like it happened! I am so excited that it’s in Boulder next year, penciling it in :)

You are looking amazing by the way, happy to hear everything is going well!

lindsay June 10, 2014 at 3:07 pm

i have a blend hangover and a cupboard full of swag. Life is good.

Miss you! and THANK YOU

Rachel M. June 10, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I have to say I also love all things Oreo. That cake looks amazing! Hope it was as delicious as it looks.

Glad to hear Randy is doing better. He really is so adorable. :)

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 10, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Thank you so much for putting together such a wonderful event. I had a great time, and I can only imagine the amount of work that went into it. I truly appreciate it, even if I am a smart ass and cracked jokes about the packing list.

I’m sorry to hear about your pup; my cat is in the same boat. In fact, we just got back from the vet where he got yet another injection. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for him.

Thanks again!!!

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige June 10, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Blend was amazing. Loved it – and hanging with you!
YAY, glad to hear you passed the glucose test:) Also, I’ve been thinking about Rand-dog – hoping you hear good news this week!

Emily @ Fit as a Mother... June 10, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Nice to hear from you! :) I’ve been cuddling a sick toddler the last several days. She also happens to be the last thing I took a picture of!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun June 10, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Looks like some amazing ladies at the blend retreat! Glad you all had a blast – I REALLY need to go next year!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse June 10, 2014 at 9:50 pm

I’m glad that you had a fun birthday :) Blend looks like it was sooo much fun. I hope to go in the future :)

Julie June 10, 2014 at 11:27 pm

What fantastic photos of Blend! Thank you so much.

Those birch trees remind me of the hike at Blend – I didn’t realize there were so many of them!

Pua June 11, 2014 at 12:07 am

I can’t wait to hear about the blend retreat! Ever think about bringing it to Hawaiʻi? ;-)

Janetha June 11, 2014 at 8:47 am

oh, how i wish!

lea @ healthy coconut June 26, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Or Southern California?? I will help plan ;)

Tamara June 11, 2014 at 7:30 am

You look adorable!! I hope you get good news about Randy soon. xo

I’m glad you had a great time at blend. Can’t wait to hear more. I must make it out there one of these years. Need Janetha hugs! :D

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 11, 2014 at 11:58 am

LOVED seeing you this weekend!! <3 Can't wait for next year!

Stephanie June 11, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Thank you so much for helping to put together an amazing weekend in Park City. I look forward to reading your recap posts.

Heathers Looking Glass June 12, 2014 at 6:38 am

I get SO jealous of the blend pics every year. One day my friend, one day. Oh, also, about 3 weeks ago I went to the pool, wore sunscreen, and reapplied, and still burned BADLY, so def. must be a sensitive skin/pregnancy thing?

Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl June 12, 2014 at 7:25 am

What I’ve been up to: lots of work report writing, soccer
Last thing I took a photo of: FUNNEL CAKE!

Hope Randy’s stats come back okay!! Poor guy. <3

Heather @ Better With Veggies June 12, 2014 at 9:53 am

I loved getting to see you again, although I missed saying Hi to marshall on Saturday (tell him Hi for me!). I love Blend, seriously. Thank you for all the work and planning you had to do (pregnant!), it was a fantastic year.

And the birch trees in the nursery are awesome!!

calee @ life + running June 13, 2014 at 11:40 am

Glad to hear you passed the gestational diabetes test. So many of my friends had that (and I think my sister did too, so that’s not promising).

Sorry to hear you’ve not heard about Randall yet. As soon as I read your post I did some research and found out that one of the issues with grain-free is that doggies don’t get enough moisture to process all the protein and it could damage their liver. I feed Barn twice a day (split it up for his metabolism), so I started adding water to his food. He wasn’t a fan at first but he got used to it. Going to make an appointment for him to get bloodwork this summer when I’m on vacation.

Finally, sad that I didn’t get to go to Blend this year. The trade-off is that I’m taking nearly 2 months of vacation from everything. I think that’s almost a fair tradeoff!

Janetha June 13, 2014 at 1:34 pm

oh very interesting! we switched randy and penny to dehydrated food and are adding digestive enzymes, too. hoping that helps and makes it easier to digest. glad you are taking care of B! and can you come to blend next year please?!

Purelytwins June 13, 2014 at 3:21 pm

so glad you passed the glucose test :) I have mine in a few weeks and hoping the doctor will let me doing something different.

Love the birch trees! Gary and I are making slow progress in the nursery. Jax is getting very confused.

So sad to miss BLEND as I really wanted to see you and talk ;) xoxo

Nikki June 15, 2014 at 7:13 am

I am glad you wrote about how easy the glucose drink is. I am 37 weeks along and I had that drink back in March and I read ahead of time of so many people afraid of it and to me it was just like an extra sweet drink. It took me one minute to down. There is one blog I am reading now where the gal is trying to get out of it by eating sugary candy instead. I dont get all the fuss.